Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is This The Most Interesting Training Camp This Season?

Dtman513

It is one of them

I would say the Jets, Browns with their blooming QB battles would be on the list.

Washington & Miami have a lot of new faces, so those will be interesting. '

The Saints will be a bit interesting with their HC on a year long vacation.

Oh and there might be some interest somewhere in Coloardo.

Honestly, i think I'm as optomistic this year as I was pessimistc last year. For me, they are equally as interesting but for exactly the opposite reasons.

I am soo looking forward to seing this team grow together. We are definitely younger and players will be added as others are let go, but we have a few pieces that really excite me.

What do you guys think? From the Colts fan POV, I think this is the most unique and interesting training camp in the NFL due to our off season and draft

It depends on who you are a fan of. I'm sure browns fans, saints fans, and a few others may have a different point of view.

Does anyone else have that "the pressure is off" feeling? There's no knot in the stomach that the team doesn't look as good as I thought in the preseason.

There's no "darn, that O line isn't going to get us there". There's no "dang, those are the best DTs we can get?". There no expectation to reach the SB, and no dread of falling short in the playoffs.

This season there's only one way to go, and that's up. The only thing I want to see is improvement week to week.

I think that this is in the top 5, put them in any order you want but here's mine...

Broncos

Redskins

Colts

Jets

Dolphins (Hard Knocks always seems to spice up training camp a bit)

If I had to pick one at the top it's the Redskins. It seems everyone is more hyped up about RGIII then Luck personally.

I would say we're about 5th or 6th most interesting training Camp.

Broncos are easily ahead of us, Lions are somewhat interesting because of their....interesting off season, the Jets for some reason are interesting, the 49ers surprisingly are interesting because of "Straight Cash Homey" Randy Moss returning and people wondering if Alex Smith can actually lead that team and it wasn't a fluke last season and I would say the Redskins are more interesting because they're a better team than us an it will be interesting if they're really a team that was a QB away from being good.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 27, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, July 27, 2012 - personal shot

The top 5 most interesting from my perspective

1. Colts

2. Broncos

3. Bills

4. Saints (hope to see them burn, but I think they'll weather the storm)

5. 49ers (rooting for them in the NFC this year)

That's because your a colts fan. Really? You seem cluelless.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 27, 2012 - reply to hidden comment
Hidden by Nadine, July 27, 2012 - reply to hidden comment

That's because your a colts fan. Really? You seem cluelless.

Yes. Here we go again.

Someone express an opinion. <<GASP!!!>> You don't like it. :slaphead:

So, you fire off an insult. Always a winning approach.... :wall:

I think for fans their team's Training Camp is the most important story.

In my opinion Colts' TC is the most important story in the NFL. Here goes why:

• This is my FAVORITE team
  • We have the No1. pick QB on our roster
  • We have a new GM and Coaching Staff
  • Half of our roster is new (we have 27 new players I think, but am not sure if everyone of them is (will be) in the 53 men roster)
  • Our D transfers from Coyer Cover nobody (I stole it!!! Great!) to 3-4 defensive scheme
  • At last we will have a ST...I hope... Will we have??? ST will be more than FGs, kick-offs and punts?

Does anyone else have that "the pressure is off" feeling? There's no knot in the stomach that the team doesn't look as good as I thought in the preseason.

There's no "darn, that O line isn't going to get us there". There's no "dang, those are the best DTs we can get?". There no expectation to reach the SB, and no dread of falling short in the playoffs.

This season there's only one way to go, and that's up. The only thing I want to see is improvement week to week.

Absolutely!.

And hopefully a year from now we are talking about the window "opening" instead of "closing"....with a young roster AND salary cap space (gasp!!!)

No..I'd rather have that pressure... I dont want to be the 'team that nobody gives a chance'

I dont want to be the team that was horrible last year and has no place to go but up....

I know that's the position we're in but it is a sickening position...

I want us to be feared offensively and defensively and that clearly isnt the case right now...

The top 5 most interesting from my perspective

1. Colts

2. Broncos

3. Bills

4. Saints (hope to see them burn, but I think they'll weather the storm)

5. 49ers (rooting for them in the NFC this year)

What? Where does Houston register on your list? Just kidding Peytonator my friend. I like your list. :thmup: Success is harder to duplicate in many cases than zero expectations IMO.

Honestly, i think I'm as optomistic this year as I was pessimistc last year. For me, they are equally as interesting but for exactly the opposite reasons.

I am soo looking forward to seing this team grow together. We are definitely younger and players will be added as others are let go, but we have a few pieces that really excite me.

I'd say we're probably in the top 5 most interesting new camp. We just have so many new faces. And everyone is going to have their eyes on Luck.

Yes, watching locker room chemistry gel before our very eyes simply fascinates me as well from the ground up. Actually, I will be monitoring 2 things: how well Luck manipulates the secondary and how aggressive our pass rush and secondary work in unison together as the season progresses.

Im expecting 1 of our undrafted guys to step up and make an impact on special team, I hope Mcafee isn't our best special teams tackler again EVER

That's a slight against Mcafee. He's a beast and probably could play defense if he was so inclined. I don't think of having a great tackling punter as a negative, it's actually a positive. Most punters are useless as far as tackling, and having Pat out there is like having an extra guy on ST. It's almost unfair.