Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ok, I might be crazy

Greenoughrunner

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I was to harsh in my statement, I just had flashbacks of him being injured so much, he was a great player for us for two years, Just in my opinion his style of play was to reckless for his stature,

He's n

Knocked himself out hitting someone, he almost always went for the big hit. It was like tackling people wasn't enough, he had to do what made him great every play. It sucks that what made him great killed his body.

I bet if he remained healthy he would've gotten a few fines for the inconsistent defenseless receiver rule.

He's n

Knocked himself out hitting someone, he almost always went for the big hit. It was like tackling people wasn't enough, he had to do what made him great every play. It sucks that what made him great killed his body.

I bet if he remained healthy he would've gotten a few fines for the inconsistent defenseless receiver rule.

Yeah dont get me started with some of the ridiculous rules

Yeah why not, I dont see anyone on the roster that have "SS potential" in my eyes. And do people really think Zbikowski has a chokehold on the SS position? Yeah I dont think that's what Bernard Pollard though when he took his starting job last year with the ravens. An incentive laden contract wouldnt hurt. Which young "stud" ss on this roster are we keeping playing time away from?

But only on an incentive heavy contract. But I doubt it, he's 31 and more injury prone by the year.

Ok, Bob Sanders is a Free Agent and we need help in the back field. What if we can get him back on a small contract. Thoughts, and ya i might be crazy.

You are not crazy..

We were 2-14 last year....If Bob Sanders could pass a physical.(a big 'if')

.I'd sign him before he left the building...

I loved what Bob was capable of when healthy, but after accepting huge Colts money he never played a single down for and then signing with the Chargers as a no risk which he could have done for the Colts ..no thanks!

That was going to happen if he didn't sign with anyone. The Chargers picked him up however.

Sanders really hasn't do anything since 2007. In fact he hasn't played a full season since and I don't mean like one full season I mean a full season's worth of games total since then (he's only played in 11 games from 2008 on). That's too many injuries and too much time missed. I don't think he will ever be a player close to what he was and even if he is it's only a matter of time again till he gets hurt. If we were a team that was a player away from a Super Bowl run like the 2006 team sure he would be worth the risk but for a rebuilding team he's not really. Even if he pans out what's he do takes you from probably being a 4-12 team to maybe 6-10 and then you have to figure out what to do with him after that? Do you resign him to deal worth real money which is what he'll want or do you let him walk and if you let him walk what was the point? Were those two games really worth it? I get that certain players will always have a soft spot in fans hearts. No matter how clear it was that Edge's best days were behind him we would see three of four threads a year saying hey what about bring back Edge for one more run! Sanders seems to have fit that mold now too but guys it's over. You are talking about a guy who is a shadow of his former self. No one can miss that much time over a four year stretch and be anything close to the player they once were.

What good is a Ferrari if the wheels fall off every time you drive it? I LOVED Bob, and wanted him on the team badly. Appreciated what he did when he was on the field, but it didn't take long to understand the cost of having a player like that. While he could play when he was on the field, he often injured himself and most of his Colts career was on the bench. How do the other players who played all season and helped us into the playoffs feel about him being the one that "led us to the championship"? I'm not trying to dog him, but be even keeled in understanding the cost/benefits. Teams that succeed are just that "teams". Not a one guy difference maker. I believe we are headed into more of a "team" era in the Colts. While I have enjoyed the wins with Peyton at the wheel. I'm ready for the refreshing change. We should be built robust enough that any player can be injured, and we still are a succesful team. Anybody can go work their butts off for a week and look amazing, but the guys who show up day in and day out are the ones that REALLY carry the load. Goes with the race car idea too. You can run a lap faster than anyone, but smoke your tires and you lose the race in the long run, just as it is in football. Remaining healthy is part of it. Unfortunately for Bob, he can't quite find that balance. What has he done since leaving the Colts? Has he turned another teams defence into something outstanding, or is he just another player in the defense? I'm not trying to work anybody up, just asking some questions and offering some different points of view. I am a Colt fan! I want my team to win! I want to field a solid, strong, deep, and talented team that opponents fear. Not one man, the whole freakin' team. I hope my post is helpful.

What good is a Ferrari if the wheels fall off every time you drive it? I LOVED Bob, and wanted him on the team badly. Appreciated what he did when he was on the field, but it didn't take long to understand the cost of having a player like that. While he could play when he was on the field, he often injured himself and most of his Colts career was on the bench. How do the other players who played all season and helped us into the playoffs feel about him being the one that "led us to the championship"? I'm not trying to dog him, but be even keeled in understanding the cost/benefits. Teams that succeed are just that "teams". Not a one guy difference maker. I believe we are headed into more of a "team" era in the Colts. While I have enjoyed the wins with Peyton at the wheel. I'm ready for the refreshing change. We should be built robust enough that any player can be injured, and we still are a succesful team. Anybody can go work their butts off for a week and look amazing, but the guys who show up day in and day out are the ones that REALLY carry the load. Goes with the race car idea too. You can run a lap faster than anyone, but smoke your tires and you lose the race in the long run, just as it is in football. Remaining healthy is part of it. Unfortunately for Bob, he can't quite find that balance. What has he done since leaving the Colts? Has he turned another teams defence into something outstanding, or is he just another player in the defense? I'm not trying to work anybody up, just asking some questions and offering some different points of view. I am a Colt fan! I want my team to win! I want to field a solid, strong, deep, and talented team that opponents fear. Not one man, the whole freakin' team. I hope my post is helpful.

Well written second post! Welcome!

Robert Mathis tweeted yesterday that he spent time with Bob in California this weekend, making a point on commenting on how healthy he looked. Would be surprised if he lobbied for him at least.....also Bob is the biggest player I've seen face to face...he's short, but huge...so I know for a fact no one would disrespect him face to face you all are on this thread. Dude was a warrior.

Question for Colt fans.....I know there are a tone of players that do not wear thigh and knee pads (which will be mandatory I believe I read in 2013) Did Bob Sanders wear knee pads on D (any good pics) and what do you feel is the % of players defensively that do not wear thigh and knee pads?

This may be hypothetical.....but I am interested in your thoughts.

Robert Mathis tweeted yesterday that he spent time with Bob in California this weekend, making a point on commenting on how healthy he looked. Would be surprised if he lobbied for him at least.....also Bob is the biggest player I've seen face to face...he's short, but huge...so I know for a fact no one would disrespect him face to face you all are on this thread. Dude was a warrior.

Went with my Giants friends to camp a few years ago, and all the O-line came over did autographs. Snee, McKenzie etc. Now, they were HUGE. Giants in fact.

Went with my Giants friends to camp a few years ago, and all the O-line came over did autographs. Snee, McKenzie etc. Now, they were HUGE. Giants in fact.

Huge.....watching courtside and meeting Kareem Abdul Jabbar (then Lew Alcindor) play the ABA Pacers in one of the first games at Market Square Arena....then seeing how I would have added Charles Barkley, Oakley and Rick Mahorn to the Colt's line....I was so amazed how small TV made these huge men! Edited by BrentMc11

I dont know how many defensive back/safeties is too many??

Our new coaches certainly have faced him and respect him.... you are right that he'd have to sign for the vet minimum...

with health-based incentives....but he has experinece and no one questioned his desire and effort..

I dont see what would be lost by giving a local hero one more try.

and Mr Irsay.....you want to sell the last of those season tickets??? Call Bob Sanders

I dont know how many defensive back/safeties is too many??

Our new coaches certainly have faced him and respect him.... you are right that he'd have to sign for the vet minimum...

with health-based incentives....but he has experinece and no one questioned his desire and effort..

I dont see what would be lost by giving a local hero one more try.

and Mr Irsay.....you want to sell the last of those season tickets??? Call Bob Sanders

Most teams carry four so that means cutting Caldwell or lefedge who will probably then get picked up by someone. So if sanders goes down you are now short a safety. So yes you would lose something by taking this gamble.

Also I don't think many people are going to buy tickets just to see sanders. This isn't like signing a peyton manning that would move season tickets. Frankly they will sell out with or without bob so I don't think that's a major selling point.

Also what do you do with him if he works out this year? He's going to want real money going forward and I do t think you can ever count on him to be healthy. So if you can't work out a contract what did you really gain by having him for one season during rebuilding? Even if you locked him up his age will start to become a real factor before the colts are probably contenders again.

Frankly he's a risk I dont think is worth taking. I think the colts have pretty good safeties as a whole without taking a shot on a guy who has played in 11 games in four years. If they were a player away from a championship I'd be more willing to take a gamble but we aren't.

Most teams carry four so that means cutting Caldwell or lefedge who will probably then get picked up by someone. So if sanders goes down you are now short a safety. So yes you would lose something by taking this gamble.

Also I don't think many people are going to buy tickets just to see sanders. This isn't like signing a peyton manning that would move season tickets. Frankly they will sell out with or without bob so I don't think that's a major selling point.

Also what do you do with him if he works out this year? He's going to want real money going forward and I do t think you can ever count on him to be healthy. So if you can't work out a contract what did you really gain by having him for one season during rebuilding? Even if you locked him up his age will start to become a real factor before the colts are probably contenders again.

Frankly he's a risk I dont think is worth taking. I think the colts have pretty good safeties as a whole without taking a shot on a guy who has played in 11 games in four years. If they were a player away from a championship I'd be more willing to take a gamble but we aren't.

But Caldwel and Lefenge are marginal players..GoC......they may not make the roster anyway

Sanders is a vet who can solidify the 'D' if he's healthy...we dont know that abouyt the 4th stringer

If he's not healthy..you dont sign him Its. no risk at all... You cant assume he'll be hurt if he passes your physical.

We shouldnt try to predict the future (he'll sure get injured..he'll sure want more money) Everybody gets injured and wants more money........

His upside is far higher than anyone else we have in the secondary...how old is Ed Reed?

For the vet minimum with incentives... ..its a no-lose proposition.....we have no great prospect who would have to sit..

..and really? No one who would otherwise not buy a ticket would buy one to see the new-look new-Luck Colts

with Colts icon Bob Sanders re-joining Freeney and Mathis on the 'blue wall"?

You dont actually believe that, do you?

But Caldwel and Lefenge are marginal players..GoC......they may not make the roster anyway

Sanders is a vet who can solidify the 'D' if he's healthy...we dont know that abouyt the 4th stringer

If he's not healthy..you dont sign him Its. no risk at all... You cant assume he'll be hurt if he passes your physical.

We shouldnt try to predict the future (he'll sure get injured..he'll sure want more money) Everybody gets injured and wants more money........

His upside is far higher than anyone else we have in the secondary...how old is Ed Reed?

For the vet minimum with incentives... ..its a no-lose proposition.....we have no great prospect who would have to sit..

..and really? No one who would otherwise not buy a ticket would buy one to see the new-look new-Luck Colts

with Colts icon Bob Sanders re-joining Freeney and Mathis on the 'blue wall"?

You dont actually believe that, do you?

They are better than a hurt Bob Sanders.

That's the thing if Sanders could stay healthy we wouldn't be having this decision but he can't. He's played in 11 games in four years. That's not even a full season's worth heck that's not even 3/4 of a seasons worth and that's counting the Texans game he didn't last more than three series. You have to factor his health into ANYTHING that you talk about when it comes to him because he's proven he can't stay healthy. The man has never played a full season in his career and has only played in 10 or more games twice. Sorry you can't count on guys like that.

Also I am sorry I refuse to think that a guy can miss the most of four years in the NFL and be a player he once was. It's not going to happen. It's over. You don't take that kinda wear and tear on your body and come back and be the great player you once were. This is no different than when fans would call for Edge to come back even though he was well past his prime. Again I understand some players will always have a soft spot in fan's hearts no matter what but that doesn't mean we should bring them back.

Also it's Sanders style that leads to him getting hurt. It would only be a matter of time till it happened again. It's not like he's going to come in and magically start playing 16 games seasons at a defensive MVP level. He's never been able to do that over a sustained period of time in his career it wouldn't just start now when he's at an age wear players just naturally start getting hurt more because their bodies have worn down.

It is a lose lose situation if you have to cut a guy who would have probably made the team to make room for him and then he gets hurt. On top of that even if it works out what do you do when his one year contract is up and he wants real money which he'll ask for? Do you resign him? If so what happens when he get hurts under that new contract? Do you let him walk? If so what was the point of bringing him back for a rebuilding season?

Ed Reed hasn't missed nearly the amount of time Bob Sanders has due to injuries and also every off-season you hear Ed Reed talking about maybe retiring. So it's not like he's planning on playing for another 10 years. Also Bethea's upside is much higher than Sanders because he can stay healthy. It's not Bethea's fault that no one pays attention to him. I thought for years we had the most over rated player in the NFL Bob Sanders playing next to the most underrated player in Bethea. Bethea hasn't missed a game in three years has lead the league in tackles over the past three years and is third in the NFL for solo tackles over the past three years. Give me Bethea any day over Bob Sanders and don't sit here and say oh well if Sanders was healthy you wouldn't say that because that's the exact reason I would take Bethea because Sanders has proven he can't stay healthy.

I said he wouldn't cause a major spike in ticket tales. I didn't say no one. Yes I am sure a handful of fans would buy tickets because Sanders is back however I don't think it would move the needle that greatly because most people have seen the Bob Sanders act and know it's only a matter of time till he gets hurt again and he's not a guy that is going to take you from 2-14 to 14-2 by himself like a Peyton Manning could. He's not going to make that kind of difference in the outcome of a lot of games. With that said I don't think the Colts are all that worried about ticket sales I think they truly expect to be and will be sold out by the first game with or without Bob Sanders. Also I'd hardly call Bob Sanders an icon. Peyton Manning is an icon. Bob Sanders was a part of a great run who when you look back at his era will be remembered as a part of that team but he's not a guy you are going to list in 30 years when you list all-time great Colts.

That's the thing if Sanders could stay healthy we wouldn't be having this decision but he can't. He's played in 11 games in four years. That's not even a full season's worth heck that's not even 3/4 of a seasons worth and that's counting the Texans game he didn't last more than three series. You have to factor his health into ANYTHING that you talk about when it comes to him because he's proven he can't stay healthy. The man has never played a full season in his career and has only played in 10 or more games twice. Sorry you can't count on guys like that.

Also I am sorry I refuse to think that a guy can miss the most of four years in the NFL and be a player he once was. It's not going to happen. It's over. You don't take that kinda wear and tear on your body and come back and be the great player you once were. This is no different than when fans would call for Edge to come back even though he was well past his prime. Again I understand some players will always have a soft spot in fan's hearts no matter what but that doesn't mean we should bring them back.

Also it's Sanders style that leads to him getting hurt. It would only be a matter of time till it happened again. It's not like he's going to come in and magically start playing 16 games seasons at a defensive MVP level. He's never been able to do that over a sustained period of time in his career it wouldn't just start now when he's at an age wear players just naturally start getting hurt more because their bodies have worn down.

It is a lose lose situation if you have to cut a guy who would have probably made the team to make room for him and then he gets hurt. On top of that even if it works out what do you do when his one year contract is up and he wants real money which he'll ask for? Do you resign him? If so what happens when he get hurts under that new contract? Do you let him walk? If so what was the point of bringing him back for a rebuilding season?

Ed Reed hasn't missed nearly the amount of time Bob Sanders has due to injuries and also every off-season you hear Ed Reed talking about maybe retiring. So it's not like he's planning on playing for another 10 years. Also Bethea's upside is much higher than Sanders because he can stay healthy. It's not Bethea's fault that no one pays attention to him. I thought for years we had the most over rated player in the NFL Bob Sanders playing next to the most underrated player in Bethea. Bethea hasn't missed a game in three years has lead the league in tackles over the past three years and is third in the NFL for solo tackles over the past three years. Give me Bethea any day over Bob Sanders and don't sit here and say oh well if Sanders was healthy you wouldn't say that because that's the exact reason I would take Bethea because Sanders has proven he can't stay healthy.

I said he wouldn't cause a major spike in ticket tales. I didn't say no one. Yes I am sure a handful of fans would buy tickets because Sanders is back however I don't think it would move the needle that greatly because most people have seen the Bob Sanders act and know it's only a matter of time till he gets hurt again and he's not a guy that is going to take you from 2-14 to 14-2 by himself like a Peyton Manning could. He's not going to make that kind of difference in the outcome of a lot of games. With that said I don't think the Colts are all that worried about ticket sales I think they truly expect to be and will be sold out by the first game with or without Bob Sanders. Also I'd hardly call Bob Sanders an icon. Peyton Manning is an icon. Bob Sanders was a part of a great run who when you look back at his era will be remembered as a part of that team but he's not a guy you are going to list in 30 years when you list all-time great Colts.

Folks STILL wear Bob Sanders jerseys..to this day.....and they;'ll wear them 5 years from now just like Peyton and Marvin

They are all MY definition of Colts icons..Bigger than life figures that leave big memories...

I know Bear fans who hate the Colts and Manning but loved Bob Sanders...because he epitomized a style of play

Ive never understod the prejudice that fans have against injured players that somehow they cant eb trutsed even if they regain healkth. It's like not hiring an employee who had a heart attack 3 years ago

the only questons are: Is he healthy and does he pass the physical.

If Bob Sanders passes a physical, he's as good as anyone we have..

'Give me Bethea over Sanders any day?' 'Who said you had to make the choice?

Dont get carried away with your arguement......Sanedrs was the defensive MVP.

It costs nothing (assuming he still wants to play) to give him a physical...does it//?

Maybe a few health care bucks

There are 53 roster spots. That will rise in the future, but 52 is less than 53. That is what it had become when Missle Bob was on the team. I love the guy. I used his avatar for years. But it still is truth, 52 is a disadvantage, on the whole, to 53.

Bob WAS a "true" difference maker.. I'm not mad at Indy "hoping" he can come back at all. He was a STUD. the like Indy will NEVER see again on D. EVER. He was ONE of a kind. And he changed games when he played.

I am happy and proud to say I watched him. But..... he could not stay healthy.

Pound for pound he is the best player I have ever seen.

Mike Ditka nailed it early in his career... "he is too small to play the heavy hitting game he plays... he won't last."

Sigh.

Folks STILL wear Bob Sanders jerseys..to this day.....and they;'ll wear them 5 years from now just like Peyton and Marvin

They are all MY definition of Colts icons..Bigger than life figures that leave big memories...

I know Bear fans who hate the Colts and Manning but loved Bob Sanders...because he epitomized a style of play

Ive never understod the prejudice that fans have against injured players that somehow they cant eb trutsed even if they regain healkth. It's like not hiring an employee who had a heart attack 3 years ago

the only questons are: Is he healthy and does he pass the physical.

If Bob Sanders passes a physical, he's as good as anyone we have..

'Give me Bethea over Sanders any day?' 'Who said you had to make the choice?

Dont get carried away with your arguement......Sanedrs was the defensive MVP.

It costs nothing (assuming he still wants to play) to give him a physical...does it//?

Maybe a few health care bucks

Great post... but I will agree that Bob is done. His body just can't take the punishment. But DANG... if indy could get him for 4 games guaranteed... I'd pay him and save him for the next Indy playoff run.

He was a STUD. All 5' 7 of him....

Bob is a great talent.I like his style,he place with reckless abandon.Unfortionate his body cant take this,hes never made it a full season never will,so hes not worth it,not even a small contract,because that would dismiss a younger player who might pay dividends down the road.Sorry Bob no home here!

I just want to say that Bob Sanders was the key to the Tampa 2 defense under Tony Dungy. We were still that 'bend but don't break,' but if the offense thought they were going to 'break you," Mr. Sanders made you think otherwise with some of the cleanest "BADDEST" hits I have seen.

Boy do I wish he had stayed healthy.....he should come in and teach today's kids how to actually tackle. Yes he was a hitter, but he also wrapped up.....if the receiver or ball carrier did not stay down with his monster hits!!! Bob needs to take care of Number 1 so he can walk later in life.

Bob Sanders & Chad Clifton have the same things in common. Too many injuries & both should retire

Let me provide a synopsis: Bob was a great player. Bob was crucial to our 2006 SB victory. Bob was injury prone. Bob was ushered in under Tampa 2 not relevant to our squad now. Bob had his body breakdown. Bye Bob. I wish you well and good luck Bob in your next career.

Great player for us for two years but his style of play combined with his size caused him to have to many injuries, like it has been stated above, Bob has played 11 games in the last 4 years, it would be a waste of a roster spot, Honestly at this stage in his career with all his injuries its very likely he is done in football period he played in only 50 games out of the 128 since he has been drafted

WOW, I am amazed at the lack of respect for Bob.....bet you would not speak these thoughts to him personally. I loved the throw back style Bob played.

Lack of respect for Bob? Really? Did anyone say that Bob couldn't play? Did anyone say he wasn't smart on the football field? Did anyone say he didn't contribute to our Championship in 2006? Did anyone say he wasn't a valuable cog in the locker room or the Indianapolis community overall? Did anyone underestimate his contributions in any way, shape, or form on this topic of discussion? That's a no on all counts IMO.

The human body deteriorates over time. The mind is sharp, but the muscles just don't heal or cooperate like they once did. That's all. No one can play forever. Every athlete's career sunsets without exception. I don't think anyone on here disrespected Bob Sanders personally. If Bob Sanders could still play, he'd still be on San Diego's active team roster right now. No one needs to apologize on this matter whatsoever.

Lack of respect for Bob? Really? Did anyone say that Bob couldn't play? Did anyone say he wasn't smart on the football field? Did anyone say he didn't contribute to our Championship in 2006? Did anyone say he wasn't a valuable cog in the locker room or the Indianapolis community overall? Did anyone underestimate his contributions in any way, shape, or form on this topic of discussion? That's a no on all counts IMO.

The human body deteriorates over time. The mind is sharp, but the muscles just don't heal or cooperate like they once did. That's all. No one can play forever. Every athlete's career sunsets without exception. I don't think anyone on here disrespected Bob Sanders personally. If Bob Sanders could still play, he'd still be on San Diego's active team roster right now. No one needs to apologize on this matter whatsoever.

I think he was speaking about my comment I made earlier, the one about Bob being our water boy if we were to sign him again at this stage now, while I was joking it probably wasnt the best of comments

I think he was speaking about my comment I made earlier, the one about Bob being our water boy if we were to sign him again at this stage now, while I was joking it probably wasnt the best of comments

I realize that Gavin. I saw your comment. I knew you were joking. Perhaps, it wasn't your best statement, but come on we all make minor mistakes. It's not like you attacked his family or personal character. Sanders after 2006 was rarely on the field due to injury. Heck, I thought he joined witness protection in the FBI. Players are paid to play. If you aren't on the field, you get cut. The NFL is all about production plain and simple. That was your point. I get it.

Bob WAS a "true" difference maker.. I'm not mad at Indy "hoping" he can come back at all. He was a STUD. the like Indy will NEVER see again on D. EVER. He was ONE of a kind. And he changed games when he played.

I am happy and proud to say I watched him. But..... he could not stay healthy.

Pound for pound he is the best player I have ever seen.

Mike Ditka nailed it early in his career... "he is too small to play the heavy hitting game he plays... he won't last."

Sigh.

Especially when half of those hits were the 'highlight reel' dives when the play was already 'dead'.

Also I am sorry I refuse to think that a guy can miss the most of four years in the NFL and be a player he once was. It's not going to happen. It's over. You don't take that kinda wear and tear on your body and come back and be the great player you once were. This is no different than when fans would call for Edge to come back even though he was well past his prime. Again I understand some players will always have a soft spot in fan's hearts no matter what but that doesn't mean we should bring them back. Summary: Bob was hurt in the past.

Also it's Sanders style that leads to him getting hurt. It would only be a matter of time till it happened again. It's not like he's going to come in and magically start playing 16 games seasons at a defensive MVP level. He's never been able to do that over a sustained period of time in his career it wouldn't just start now when he's at an age wear players just naturally start getting hurt more because their bodies have worn down. Summary: Bob will get hurt again and GoColts8818 believes he can not contribute significantly.

It is a lose lose situation if you have to cut a guy who would have probably made the team to make room for him and then he gets hurt. On top of that even if it works out what do you do when his one year contract is up and he wants real money which he'll ask for? Do you resign him? If so what happens when he get hurts under that new contract? Do you let him walk? If so what was the point of bringing him back for a rebuilding season? Summary: we can't fit him on a 90 man offseason roster, so we shouldn't try to sign him. (Alternative interpretation, If he plays well he will help the team. This is bad because he will probably be gone after his contract that GoColts8818 knows will be for one year, and then our draft positioning will be worse. Sad days.)

Ed Reed hasn't missed nearly the amount of time Bob Sanders has due to injuries and also every off-season you hear Ed Reed talking about maybe retiring. So it's not like he's planning on playing for another 10 years. Also Bethea's upside is much higher than Sanders because he can stay healthy. It's not Bethea's fault that no one pays attention to him. I thought for years we had the most over rated player in the NFL Bob Sanders playing next to the most underrated player in Bethea. Bethea hasn't missed a game in three years has lead the league in tackles over the past three years and is third in the NFL for solo tackles over the past three years. Give me Bethea any day over Bob Sanders and don't sit here and say oh well if Sanders was healthy you wouldn't say that because that's the exact reason I would take Bethea because Sanders has proven he can't stay healthy. Summary: Bethea is awesome. Bethea and Sanders play the exact same position on the field, and it is impossible for them to be on the field at the same time. Ed Reed....Bethea Bethea Bethea <3<3<3 (p.s. DoomOf21 <3's Bethea too!)

I said he wouldn't cause a major spike in ticket tales. I didn't say no one. Yes I am sure a handful of fans would buy tickets because Sanders is back however I don't think it would move the needle that greatly because most people have seen the Bob Sanders act and know it's only a matter of time till he gets hurt again and he's not a guy that is going to take you from 2-14 to 14-2 by himself like a Peyton Manning could. He's not going to make that kind of difference in the outcome of a lot of games. With that said I don't think the Colts are all that worried about ticket sales I think they truly expect to be and will be sold out by the first game with or without Bob Sanders. Also I'd hardly call Bob Sanders an icon. Peyton Manning is an icon. Bob Sanders was a part of a great run who when you look back at his era will be remembered as a part of that team but he's not a guy you are going to list in 30 years when you list all-time great Colts. Summary: Colt's management will have tickets sold out with or without Bob. GoColts8818 has a stricter definition of icon than some people. Bob is not an icon.

The only thing preventing people agreeing with a vet min contract with incentives is potential for future injury. Is this large enough to be a dealbreaker? Unfortunately, I think it might be.