Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

One more day till Luck is done with classes

I haven't been this excited for school to be out since the time I was still a student. Now if the contract comes through in the next 24 hours, we can all really celebrate and officially welcome Andrew to Indiana and the Hoosier state. Gee, I wonder if we can convince him to be an IU Hoosier fan as well. If not, perhaps a Butler Bulldog fan would do.

He can rep the Pacers and Indians, but he's better off being loyal to his alma mater. Besides, one of the schools he was considering before committing to Stanford was Purdue, so I'm sure he already hates IU :) I kid of course

I found out a few months ago that IU's basketball coach, Tom Crean, is a brother-in-law of Jim Harbaugh's!

I haven't been this excited for school to be out since the time I was still a student. Now if the contract comes through in the next 24 hours, we can all really celebrate and officially welcome Andrew to Indiana and the Hoosier state. Gee, I wonder if we can convince him to be an IU Hoosier fan as well. If not, perhaps a Butler Bulldog fan would do.

Well once he sees IU this year and how they most likely will be a legitimate contender for the NCAA championship, he could very well jump on the bandwagon. IU is going to be incredibly good this year with a top teir recruiting class while retaining most of their players. They have great commits coming in year after year for a few years at least as well. Sorry Purdue fans, but it's true.

As for Luck, I'm ecstatic he can now come in and start mingling wih the team on a consistent basis. Hopefully they get him signed soon!

Well once he sees IU this year and how they most likely will be a legitimate contender for the NCAA championship, he could very well jump on the bandwagon. IU is going to be incredibly good this year with a top teir recruiting class while retaining most of their players. They have great commits coming in year after year for a few years at least as well. Sorry Purdue fans, but it's true.

As for Luck, I'm ecstatic he can now come in and start mingling wih the team on a consistent basis. Hopefully they get him signed soon!

No Purdue fan is denying that. But we Purdue fans know all it takes is one tweak of a knee to turn a season upside down.

Why would you want anyone to be a bandwagon fan though?

He's a Stanford guy through and through as he should be. He may not even care about basketball for all you know.

Football is a more manly sport anyways :)

I hope Andrew shows up tomorrow at the facility and not only meets with his teammates, but also with the media. Get it out of the way. Perhaps do some local weekend sports shows.

Hang out at the facility. Meet with coaches. Submerge yourself in the playbook.

Hit the ground running for next week.... practice starts Monday?

With three contracts to sign (Luck, Fleener & Allen) as well as a practice with the full team.... things are about to get fun!!

Did I mention that Luck is actually one of those guys who really LIKES practice?!? True. He does. Andrew says the more he learns about football, the more he learns how much he actually LOVES football. Everything about it. Including getting better at practice.

Better Days Ahead!

NewColtsFan

No Purdue fan is denying that. But we Purdue fans know all it takes is one tweak of a knee to turn a season upside down.

Why would you want anyone to be a bandwagon fan though?

He's a Stanford guy through and through as he should be. He may not even care about basketball for all you know.

Football is a more manly sport anyways :)

Very true, that was a bummer about Robbie Hummel. All it does take is a big injury to Zeller for instance to diminish championship hopes.

You right on all points, he should stick to his fellow Stanford Cardinal at the same time it's pretty hard not to like Indiana basketball in general with the Pacers, Hoosiers, Boilermakers and Butler. It's also a premier high school basketball state, so he might jump on the bandwagon somehow (if he even likes basketball) haha .

Your last point is right on as well football is definitely a more manly sport! Much more exciting!

I have a feeling he'll be a Stanford Cardinal fan lol

I can't wait!! But I think along with meeting the Team & Media, Luck may get to throw the ball around over the Weekend. But Pagano said Luck & Whalen have been at Stanford working out together & practicing. But that only makes me wonder if LaVon Brazill is doing the same. But I really hope Luck comes in, & makes a Positive Mark on everyone. It's always a Positive as a QB to have your Team's FULL Support

Now if the contract comes through in the next 24 hours, we can all really celebrate and officially welcome Andrew to Indiana and the Hoosier state.

I wouldn't worry about the contract at all. With the rookie payscale in place it's already a done deal, having him inked and officially on board doesn't really mean anything other than that Luck's wallet will be a fair bit fatter.

Griffin has basically been putting in 12 hour days at Redskins Park and participating in OTAs without a contract since the beginning of May. The idea has been floated that we've purposefully left him unsigned to circumvent NFL rules restricting how much time he can spend at team facilities during the offseason but I'm not sure how much merit there is to that. Either way, you guys are likely in for a treat once your guy hits the field.

There are few times when one can be so overly optimistic about rookies as before training camp :)

Disappointing that he is suppose to arrive in Indy today and we have heard NOTHING!! You would think this would be the headline story. Our media tends to cover everything else of less importance. Anyone else heard anything? Has he arrived? Is he having dinner with the Receiving core this evening and playing pitch and catch tomorrow? Help me out fellow fans!!

It's not the contract that concerns me. There seems to be something lacking in his enthusiasm. Perhaps it's just his personality.

Barb.....

Not sure what you've have heard, or perhaps more directly, what you **haven't** heard that has you feeling this way. But the guy has used words like "honored" "privilege" "thrilled" "humbled" to describe his situation. He has said he'd rather be in Indy now than finishing up his degree. He's only there because he's so close to the finish line that it's silly not to take 3-4 weeks and just be done with it.

He can't wait to be in Indy. My guess is he's in Indy right now.

Andrew is quiet, shy, humble. He doesn't like doing interviews. He only does so because it's required, or because he's talking up the team and teammates. He prefers not to talk about himself.

I don't think he'll ever have a local "Andrew Luck Show" either on radio or TV. Not his style. If there's a local media type, TV or Radio who is the King of Indy, I doubt Andrew will be a regular on that person's show. Not his way. He'll do the media he's required to, and answer all the questions respectfully, but he's not looking to draw anymore attention to himself.

He doesn't have a Twitter account. There's a Facebook page, but almost nothing from Andrew. Just comments from friends and fans.

Give him a little time. I'm sure he'll meet with the media soon enough and you'll hear from the man himself. I think you'll like what you hear.

Apologies for coming off like the President of the Andrew Luck Fan Club. Don't mean to be. Just offering another perspective.

NewColtsFan

Barb.....

Not sure what you've have heard, or perhaps more directly, what you **haven't** heard that has you feeling this way. But the guy has used words like "honored" "privilege" "thrilled" "humbled" to describe his situation. He has said he'd rather be in Indy now than finishing up his degree. He's only there because he's so close to the finish line that it's silly not to take 3-4 weeks and just be done with it.

He can't wait to be in Indy. My guess is he's in Indy right now.

Andrew is quiet, shy, humble. He doesn't like doing interviews. He only does so because it's required, or because he's talking up the team and teammates. He prefers not to talk about himself.

I don't think he'll ever have a local "Andrew Luck Show" either on radio or TV. Not his style. If there's a local media type, TV or Radio who is the King of Indy, I doubt Andrew will be a regular on that person's show. Not his way. He'll do the media he's required to, and answer all the questions respectfully, but he's not looking to draw anymore attention to himself.

He doesn't have a Twitter account. There's a Facebook page, but almost nothing from Andrew. Just comments from friends and fans.

Give him a little time. I'm sure he'll meet with the media soon enough and you'll hear from the man himself. I think you'll like what you hear.

Apologies for coming off like the President of the Andrew Luck Fan Club. Don't mean to be. Just offering another perspective.

NewColtsFan

Believe me, I so hope you are right!