Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trying to trade for Cowboys CB Mike Jenkins [Merge]

MTC

Same guy also says our first offer was a 3rd and a 4th which was instantly rejected... if a trade offer gets accepted we'll give Jenkins a new deal straight away

That should be a sign that they should stop the negotiations. Anything more than that and they've essentially overpaid for him.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way I'd give up a first, second, or third rounder for anyone unless they're a game changer

I'd rather us keep that first rounder, I'm expecting a top 10 pick for the Colts next year, and rather trade down and get more picks for help on defense

If we get Jenkins, I don't see why we can't have a top 15 or better defense next year. Pagano's a great defensive coach and I think we would have solid starters at every position. Hope we get him!

Didn't you forget it's the Colts and they have new coaches, new players, ohh and a new scheme. There is no way on this green earth that the Colts defense could be top 15 next year, no way. New schemes and coaches ALWAYS do bad their first 215 years! We could possibly have a good defense in the year 2227 though.

I kid, I kid! I definitely think it's possible that the Colts could have a very solid defense next year. I think Jenkins would also be a very solid acquisition if he can remain healthy.

Calvin Watkins on twitter (he covers the Cowboys on ESPN.com):

I was told today Cowboys are not trading Mike Jenkins. No interest.

Doesn't look like it'll happen. Doesn't make sense to me... Jenkins is not participating in OTAs, wants to be traded, and Cowboys have a whole new arsenal of CBs from this offseason.

Doesn't look like it'll happen. Doesn't make sense to me... Jenkins is not participating in OTAs, wants to be traded, and Cowboys have a whole new arsenal of CBs from this offseason.

What time was that posted

If they aren't interesting in trading him, it doesn't mean they wont. It just means it's going to be hard to get him.

(Response to bold) Wouldn't that make him even more tradable.

They're rejecting great offers for a guy who doesn't want to be there with only one season left... something doesn't add up.

When someone finds me a Reason why you'd keep someone who deosn't want to be Kept, I'll understand this more. But until then, I'm seriously questioning the Cowboys' Front Office Intelligence

What team is that your avatar

IMO, if I was Jenkins.. I'd go out there & Play. But when the Ball is Snapped, I'd let the WR go w/o being Covered & do that every game until they Released Me. I'd do EVERYTHING in my Power to get Released since they don't want to Trade me

If you want your player to give up because the team is losing then fine by me.... I just wouldnt want the colts to want that

No excuse for it but that was his rookie year he played 3 more seasons after that and was solid. so he hasn't done that lately so I'm sure he is over that

TRAITOR! He's on the Jets!

Ok? But I followed him all through College. Him, Andy Dalton, Jerry Hughes, & Tank Carder. TCU is my Favorite College Football Team. You telling me I can't follow my Favorite Players throughout their NFL Careers. I can't decide what team they go too. I'm Happy enough we got Hughes. I wish we had Dalton, Carder, & Kerley too. But we don't

Ok? But I followed him all through College. Him, Andy Dalton, Jerry Hughes, & Tank Carder. TCU is my Favorite College Football Team. You telling me I can't follow my Favorite Players throughout their NFL Careers. I can't decide what team they go too. I'm Happy enough we got Hughes. I wish we had Dalton, Carder, & Kerley too. But we don't

that was :sarcasm: I follow Michigan players (Not Brady) in the NFL. I thought it was an obvious joke haha

that was :sarcasm: I follow Michigan players (Not Brady) in the NFL. I thought it was an obvious joke haha

Naw, I don't Joke when it comes to my Football Teams. I must admit I get really Defensive when it comes to the Colts, Longhorns or Horned Frogs

People are forgetting that it's a good thing for the Cowboys that he's in the last year of his rookie contract. They can use him in the slot this year and let him walk in free agency and probably net a 5th or 6th round compensatory pick. It wouldn't make sense for them to trade him for anything less than a 5th or 6th.

Im hearing alot of reports that we have a 2nd on the table. 1 question, are we crazy??? Why would we offer a 2nd for him? 3rd at most, but 2nd? I hope this deal doesnt go down. Our top 3 draft picks next year are wayyy too precious

Who's good coming out next year's Draft at CB, DE, & O-Line. Cause I think that's all we really need. We have too many WR's IMO lol

update:from a cowboys blog...i hope its not Freeney

Indy guy here... word is the Colts are trying to create a deal that would include Dwight Freeney going to DAL..

... they just have to get the numbers to match (AKA throw-in players)....more

User ID:http://sportsnation.espn.go.com/fans/lebron%20chokes%20it%20more%20than%20beavis%20and%20butthead

19 Minutes Ago

If they aren't interesting in trading him, it doesn't mean they wont. It just means it's going to be hard to get him.

(Response to bold) Wouldn't that make him even more tradable.

What the guy means in his twitter is that it "doesnt make sense" that the Cowboys DON"T want to trade him. Otherwise ... he agrees with you.

Indy guy here... word is the Colts are trying to create a deal that would include Dwight Freeney going to DAL..

User ID:http://sportsnation.espn.go.com/fans/lebron%20chokes%20it%20more%20than%20beavis%20and%20butthead

19 Minutes Ago

I don't believe it. How would he know this?

19 Minutes Ago

that would the dumbest trade ever

plenty of WRs, none can replace Wayne though.

Well everyone knows that. But I really don't think we need that many things as people say we do. Everyone makes us out to be the WORST Team ever since that 2-14 Season. I really don't think we're that bad

I really dont see it happening. If they have already rejected some good offer and are expecting a first or second reound pick out of it and a player, NOPE!!! we can just work with what we have and adress the position in next years draft and or free agency. Our management better not try and push too much for this move and give up way too much. Also we better not give up big Mack either we just got him.

19 Minutes Ago

Just checked out several Cowboys blogs, and none of them include Freeney.

19 Minutes Ago

That sounds like some Bleacher Report crap

I guess I will be going against the grain and say I really hope the Colts don't make this trade and if I do, I will really have to question Grigson as a GM. Jenkins has had one good year and the rest have been mediocre, then combined with that video 21isSuperman posted and this guy is not worth it. He may have more talent that KT and Rucker but who cares if he doesn't have the desire to use it.

I hope Grigson is smart enough to sign players based on their football playing ability not their reputation.

I guess I will be going against the grain and say I really hope the Colts don't make this trade and if I do, I will really have to question Grigson as a GM. Jenkins has had one good year and the rest have been mediocre, then combined with that video 21isSuperman posted and this guy is not worth it. He may have more talent that KT and Rucker but who cares if he doesn't have the desire to use it.

I hope Grigson is smart enough to sign players based on their football playing ability not their reputation.

well going up against jenkins twice a year im sure grigson has a good understanding of his talent. i doubt he would have talked irsay into it if he didnt feel jenkins was worth trading for