Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck isn't dawdling on his work toward a Colts turnaround

Restored

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--andrew-luck-isn-t-dawdling-on-his-work-toward-a-colts-turnaround.html

Interesting tid bits:

-"Coming back from minicamp was tough," Luck said as he laughed. "You get a little taste of it and then come back, and I was lacking the motivation to do homework. We had something due Tuesday and we were supposed to meet up, and I was like, 'Uuuuuhhhhh.' I didn't blow it off – completely."

-According to Colts quarterbacks coach Clyde Christensen, Luck exceeded expectations, and the rookie's grasp of the team's offense "was exceptional … really impressive."

-"In my eyes, you've got a lot of guys like Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney that didn't miss the playoffs, until this past year, in their whole career," Luck said. "They're winners. What I'm trying to put on my plate is, what can I do to make sure their legacies as winners continue?

-Luck's teammates were similarly blown away. "I'm told he was calling out plays like he had the whole playbook memorized, and some of the other rookies were looking around like, 'What?' " said Mike Tepper, a second-year tackle. "Some of the guys, including the other QBs, were saying that Luck is already better than 25 of the [starting] quarterbacks in the league."

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think blowing off his homework is a sign he is lazy and not willing to put forth the effort to succeed. It's one thing to talk about it but he's not even signed to the team yet and already showing signs of not being able to keep up with everything. Colts should have drafted RGIII

I think blowing off his homework is a sign he is lazy and not willing to put forth the effort to succeed. It's one thing to talk about it but he's not even signed to the team yet and already showing signs of not being able to keep up with everything. Colts should have drafted RGIII

:spit::lol:

He was 3 layers deep in the playbook. I know you are kidding here. He was Cluck Clucking like his predecessor.

If I am finishing up college work at Stanford, and can still audibilize 3 deep in the playbook! Kudos to our new QB!

i really hope you were kidding there -- especially the RG3 part.

:spit::lol:

He was 3 layers deep in the playbook. I know you are kidding here. He was Cluck Clucking like his predecessor.

If I am finishing up college work at Stanford, and can still audibilize 3 deep in the playbook! Kudos to our new QB!

Sorry, I've been clicking on too many stampede blue links... makes me want to turn everything into a negative.

Here are some possible stampedeblue headlines:

Luck blow offs Stanford

Luck says he has to carry the team.

Freeney and Mathis must depend on Luck to get back to playoffs.

i've said it before and i'll say it again. Andrew Luck is a beast, animal and a phenom. i expect 12 wins this season and the best QB the colts have ever seen.

Not sure if thats sarcasm or you been drinking to much tonight O.o

Sorry, I've been clicking on too many stampede blue links... makes me want to turn everything into a negative.

Here are some possible stampedeblue headlines:

Luck blow offs Stanford

Luck says he has to carry the team.

Freeney and Mathis must depend on Luck to get back to playoffs.

If Wells reads this, you can bet he'll actually be considering using those...

Coffeedrinker,

Let no one tell you that you are not a sarcastic genius okay. I thrive on sarcasm personally. Kudos to your sir.

Edit RG3 is an incredible talent i will give you that, but luck is by far superior they compare him to Elway. Have you seen the pass for 50+ yards while falling down, or the block where he laid out the defender, or any of his scrambles? Now the guy is saying he would rather be with his team rather than class so he can do his job better. Your critisizing him for this? I own my own company, i would give anything to have an employee that deeicated , he would be running my company for me. Stop hating him cause ummm well you know lets say personal reasons. If RG3 said the same thing i would love him and back him 100%. I do not care who the Colts drafted i just waqnt my team to get back to the glory days and be the nest franchise in the NFL. Edited by Coltssouth
Personal Shot

i will probably get suspended again for this but i am totally honest and cannot help myself. Your a darn fool AND JUST A HATER i will leave the race part out of this, RG3 is an incredible talent i will give you that, but luck is by far superior they compare him to Elway. Have you seen the pass for 50+ yards while falling down, or the block where he laid out the defender, or any of his scrambles? Now the guy is saying he would rather be with his team rather than class so he can do his job better. Your critisizing him for this? I own my own company, i would give anything to have an employee that deeicated , he would be running my company for me. Stop hating him cause ummm well you know lets say personal reasons. If RG3 said the same thing i would love him and back him 100%. I do not care who the Colts drafted i just waqnt my team to get back to the glory days and be the nest franchise in the NFL.

you do know he was being sarcastic right? heres a clue on how to handle a forum. dont take comments seriously.

Edit RG3 is an incredible talent i will give you that, but luck is by far superior they compare him to Elway. Have you seen the pass for 50+ yards while falling down, or the block where he laid out the defender, or any of his scrambles? Now the guy is saying he would rather be with his team rather than class so he can do his job better. Your critisizing him for this? I own my own company, i would give anything to have an employee that deeicated , he would be running my company for me. Stop hating him cause ummm well you know lets say personal reasons. If RG3 said the same thing i would love him and back him 100%. I do not care who the Colts drafted i just waqnt my team to get back to the glory days and be the nest franchise in the NFL.

:facepalm:

No idea why he can't throw fades. Watching that video, it didn't look like the passes were horrendous, just that it wasn't working. Something he will improve on through reps I'm sure.

I know where your coming from, BUT put yourself in his shoes. Where would you want to be focused?

No idea why he can't throw fades. Watching that video, it didn't look like the passes were horrendous, just that it wasn't working. Something he will improve on through reps I'm sure.

Its a small piece of the big picture.

-Luck's teammates were similarly blown away. "I'm told he was calling out plays like he had the whole playbook memorized, and some of the other rookies were looking around like, 'What?' " said Mike Tepper, a second-year tackle. "Some of the guys, including the other QBs, were saying that Luck is already better than 25 of the [starting] quarterbacks in the league."

Hold the phone, the top 100 may need to update their list before it's all set in stone.

tumblr_lmi9qvlUfr1qztwte.gif