Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bleacher Report: Colts Should Sign T.O

Andy

I would simply rather give time and plays to our young players and give them time to progress. Regardless if he thinks TO could have helped us in the playoffs we will not be playing in the playoffs next year so its a mute arguement just trying to get hits off of a popular ex star.

TO is only good for blog hits. He would be a solid wr but nobody is going to put him on their team to hold back the progress of their up and coming players. Why wouldn't someone sign Hines Ward or look at Donald Driver if they wanted similar production.

Edit: Just saw Donald is still with Green Bay...expected him to be cut.

I would simply rather give time and plays to our young players and give them time to progress. Regardless if he thinks TO could have helped us in the playoffs we will not be playing in the playoffs next year so its a mute arguement just trying to get hits off of a popular ex star.

TO is only good for blog hits. He would be a solid wr but nobody is going to put him on their team to hold back the progress of their up and coming players. Why wouldn't someone sign Hines Ward or look at Donald Driver if they wanted similar production.

Edit: Just saw Donald is still with Green Bay...expected him to be cut.

Living in WI myself, I predict Donald Driver will play this season in GB & then hang up his NFL cleats for good IMO.

Living in WI myself, I predict Donald Driver will play this season in GB & then hang up his NFL cleats for good IMO.

Perhaps. They have a lot of young wrs that they would like to get on the field. He is due 2.6 million plus a 1.5 million roster bonus if he is on the team after July 25th. Thats a lot of dough for an aged receiver that is less than steller last year. He will have to take a pay cut imo else he gets cut.

Perhaps. They have a lot of young wrs that they would like to get on the field. He is due 2.6 million plus a 1.5 million roster bonus if he is on the team after July 25th. Thats a lot of dough for an aged receiver that is less than steller last year. He will have to take a pay cut imo else he gets cut.

I agree 100% DG. Driver needs to take a pay cut & he will because he wants to make another Lombardi Playoffs run. You'd make a decent GM BTW IMO. :thmup:

I agree 100% DG. Driver needs to take a pay cut & he will because he wants to make another Lombardi Playoffs run. You'd make a decent GM BTW IMO. :thmup:

And that's the way almost every GM in the game looks at TO at this stage. At least Driver is a great teammate and most likely willing to take a back seat to the teams success and try to play a role. I am not sure any GMs think that TO would do the same. TO needs money...everyone knows it. He will do whatever he can to get attention and try to make some money no matter if it will hurt the team. I would say they are both probably equal in skill set maybe an edge to TO at this stage but no one is going to sit their young talent just to give this guy playing time. No one is going to feel sorry for the guy. I feel we sit in the same situation. We have a lot of young receivers on this team. We need to get them reps and time playing to start their progression and to determine if we have the playmakers we need for Luck moving forward. TO might be a slight upgrade but most teams aren't going to accept that benefit over the loss of playing time for their young talent...and possible locker room.

TO is done. He won't be back and like anyone I hope he gets his act together and pays his bills and moves on with his life. I don't hate on anyone but he has made his last NFL catch. The writer of the blog/article really just wanted attention and web hits by using TO's name. Perhaps TO should get some money for the attention he got the writer. To me this is just shoddy journalism by a poor writer. Stooping this low to get a hit would be the equivilant of trying to link like Andrew Luck to Kim Kardashian or something. Its just beneath most writers but apparantly this guy has no class or ability.

And that's the way almost every GM in the game looks at TO at this stage. At least Driver is a great teammate and most likely willing to take a back seat to the teams success and try to play a role. I am not sure any GMs think that TO would do the same. TO needs money...everyone knows it. He will do whatever he can to get attention and try to make some money no matter if it will hurt the team. I would say they are both probably equal in skill set maybe an edge to TO at this stage but no one is going to sit their young talent just to give this guy playing time. No one is going to feel sorry for the guy. I feel we sit in the same situation. We have a lot of young receivers on this team. We need to get them reps and time playing to start their progression and to determine if we have the playmakers we need for Luck moving forward. TO might be a slight upgrade but most teams aren't going to accept that benefit over the loss of playing time for their young talent...and possible locker room.

TO is done. He won't be back and like anyone I hope he gets his act together and pays his bills and moves on with his life. I don't hate on anyone but he has made his last NFL catch. The writer of the blog/article really just wanted attention and web hits by using TO's name. Perhaps TO should get some money for the attention he got the writer. To me this is just shoddy journalism by a poor writer. Stooping this low to get a hit would be the equivilant of trying to link like Andrew Luck to Kim Kardashian or something. Its just beneath most writers but apparantly this guy has no class or ability.

Yup, DG you provided an accurate synopsis of T.O. there. He is bankrupt with no employment NFL suitors to speak of. How is he not in jail for failing to pay child support anyway? I don't wish T.O. any ill will either, but his life is in complete shambles & disarray IMO.

QB Andrew Luck needs WRs whose lives are in order, on solid ground, & won't complain about not getting the ball thrown is their direction enough. Goodbye T.O. Good luck landing on your feet somewhere else besides INDY.

Yup, DG you provided an accurate synopsis of T.O. there. He is bankrupt with no employment NFL suitors to speak of. How is he not in jail for failing to pay child support anyway? I don't wish T.O. any ill will either, but his life is in complete shambles & disarray IMO.

QB Andrew Luck needs WRs whose lives are in order, on solid ground, & won't complain about not getting the ball thrown is their direction enough. Goodbye T.O. Good luck landing on your feet somewhere else besides INDY.

And he has no one but himself to blame for it though I doubt that he will ever admit that or maybe even know it. He has been and always will be too much of a self important person and that is something that we DON’T need on this team. I will be glad when all the media types finally realize that the cancer that is T.O. is done and move on to more important things because I for one am tired of hearing about the great T.O.

I would rather take my chances with the youngins then to have that trouble maker anywhere near L.O.S.

Might be a good idea at a one contract at league min. He would accept since in Dallas getting paid pennies in arena league. If he sucks put him on the bench and cut him at the end of the year.

I believe the recievers we have today are not ready to be playmakers. Rebuilding stage for this team is in full effect and the only veteren pro bowler we have is reggie wayne. I know T.O. have media and team trouble but with the colts(who a team never has media trouble) I think T.O. could really step up our passing game and add to Luck's stats. He could lead us or help us to a superbowl. Defense is decent and hopefully the corners don't blow it this season. Offensively we could use him well as a deep threat and sideline catching reciever. Reggie Wayne on one side and T.O. on the other? I think a good fit. Also both Reggie and T.O. could mentor the younger recievers.

P.S. how I update a status on here Im new.

Why Sign T.O.?? We drafted Luck & gave him Fleener & Whalen. We gave Luck them Two to make him feel Comfortable. Why would we give Luck a MAJOR Headache & take him out his Comfort Zone by signing a WR who throws Temper Tantrums when he doesn't touch the ball "Enough"??

I believe the recievers we have today are not ready to be playmakers. Rebuilding stage for this team is in full effect and the only veteren pro bowler we have is reggie wayne. I know T.O. have media and team trouble but with the colts(who a team never has media trouble) I think T.O. could really step up our passing game and add to Luck's stats. He could lead us or help us to a superbowl. Defense is decent and hopefully the corners don't blow it this season. Offensively we could use him well as a deep threat and sideline catching reciever. Reggie Wayne on one side and T.O. on the other? I think a good fit. Also both Reggie and T.O. could mentor the younger recievers.

P.S. how I update a status on here Im new.

Quarterback13,

Are you referring to how to use Status Updates?

If so, go to the top of the page, click on the blue tab labeled Status Updates, near the top in the box called "What's On Your Mind?" type your question or statement, click post.

People on Colts Forum can now offer you their comments & feedback. I hope this helps.

I don't think we need to sign him, but the ridicule is pretty outstanding.

He was nothing but a model citizen in Buff/Cincy and arguably Dallas.

The guy is a legit first ballot HoF player. With multiple QBs in multiple systems and did nothing but produce. Hes a guy who came back in something like 7 weeks from a shattered leg to give his team a shot to win the SB, the same SB that his QB (whom I believe rightly needed called out) puked his guts up on the field....

If you don't want him bc you want our younger players to gain experience, that's one thing, but calling the guy a cancer and team obliterator is pretty off base and soley based on circa 2002-2005.....fact of the matter is he is twice the WR Marvin ever was and he will walk into the HOF while Marvin is still washing cars and serving drinks.

After he pays his child support.....

The guy is a legit first ballot HoF player. With multiple QBs in multiple systems and did nothing but produce. Hes a guy who came back in something like 7 weeks from a shattered leg to give his team a shot to win the SB, the same SB that his QB (whom I believe rightly needed called out) puked his guts up on the field....

If you don't want him bc you want our younger players to gain experience, that's one thing, but calling the guy a cancer and team obliterator is pretty off base and soley based on circa 2002-2005.....fact of the matter is he is twice the WR Marvin ever was and he will walk into the HOF while Marvin is still washing cars and serving drinks.

T.O. is not a 1st ballot HOF player. Statistically yes, but off the field lack of repoire with reporters/writers will significantly slow down his HOF induction ceremony. Heck, neither Chris Carter or Charles Hailey are even in yet, which is ridiculous IMO.

Yes, in Buffalo, T.O. was a model citizen. In Cincinnati, he slammed HC Marvin Lewis, the coaching staff, and how he was used on Game Day = Lock room cancer. In Dallas, owner Jerry Jones cut T.O. loose...The owner. That tells you all you need to know concerning locker room chemistry. Not a 1st ballot HOF...Maybe 3rd? Perhaps...

Regarding child support. If T.O. can make a kid, he should pay for and raise the kid too IMO.

At first I was being a little sympathetic....this Ryan guy is getting alot of flak for stating his opinion..but as I kept on reading ..especially his replies....total tool!

his favourite three words...substantiate your claims?...and I love the reply he gave

2) No NFL team wanted him.

Was it that, or the fear of the media heckling his teammates for a soundbite?

Let's say that's true...that the reason no NFL team wanted him and the ONLY reason he resorted to working in the Arena league was that there was a fear of the media heckling his teammates for a soundbite...that still means no NFL team wanted him..regardless of the reason...he's unwanted..enough said

but I propose we do an investigation...after all has anyone ever seen T.O. and Ryan Michael in the same room together??

T.O. is not a 1st ballot HOF player. Statistically yes, but off the field lack of repoire with reporters/writers will significantly slow down his HOF induction ceremony. Heck, neither Chris Carter or Charles Hailey are even in yet, which is ridiculous IMO.

6th in Rec. 2nd in TDs and Yards. 5 All Pros. He will be a first ballot guy. And his status with the media, whom love him, will easily get him in...

While I wouldn't take T.O on my beloved Colts, I did see him playing Arena Football a moth or so back. He had like 4 or 5 TD that game. He is just running a muck there. He could surely be useful to someone in the NFL is he could keep his ego in check.

Yo really think Terrell Owens is a first ballot Hall-of-Famer...??

Not with his reputation....You cant backstab your own teamates and earn respect.,

Without respect..the HALL (for which he has the numbers) will be a long wait...

I wouldnt want to put a guy into the Hall of Fame based partly on the logic that he isnt any worse than the worst guy already there

Yo really think Terrell Owens is a first ballot Hall-of-Famer...??

Not with his reputation....You cant backstab your own teamates and earn respect.,

Without respect..the HALL (for which he has the numbers) will be a long wait...

I wouldnt want to put a guy into the Hall of Fame based partly on the logic that he isnt any worse than the worst guy already there

Players don't get in based in respect of other players. Players don't vote. Media members do. Here's a guy who hasn't played in nearly two years and the media still talks about him on a daily basis. Factor in his records and AP appearances and yes he'll get in first ballot. As he should. Unfortunately it's not the Hall of Nice guys or the Hall of Great Teammates. It's the Hall of Fame.

Players don't get in based in respect of other players. Players don't vote. Media members do. Here's a guy who hasn't played in nearly two years and the media still talks about him on a daily basis. Factor in his records and AP appearances and yes he'll get in first ballot. As he should. Unfortunately it's not the Hall of Nice guys or the Hall of Great Teammates. It's the Hall of Fame.

Owens game play is definately HOF worthy but the last few years his game took a tumble. He was good...not great...certainly he isn't an upgrade over what we have here. I mean Austin Collie has similar numbers over the last few years minus his injury filled 2010. Fact is there is no place for him on the Colts. He is an avg receiver who is old...and is all about himself. He isn't going to mentor young players and its 50/50 if he will go off the deep end. Do we honestly think all his problems are behind him. Even if he behaved for a year or two it just isn't worth introducing him to a young locker room rebuilding. We need to get Brazill and Hilton on the field and playing TO isn't going to help them grow.

He just doesn't fit! A team like the Raiders he could fit (if Carson wants him back). Us he doesn't.

I maybe new to this website, but I love it. Some very, very sharp people here.

First, (and perhaps most important) Bleacher Report is **almost** worthless. The best part of it is when they list the hottest wives and girlfriends of athletes. Otherwise.... not so much. Their sports stories are almost always lousy... and I was a member of the media for 30 years, so I've seen plenty of lousy in my days....

As to T.O..... I'm with the vast majority here.... thanks, but no thanks. No drama queens, no clubhouse cancers, no me-first type players. Let's have our young guys gain experience together. Every catch T.O. would make is one that should go to our younger players. I'll take my lumps early and reap the rewards later, thanks very much....

NewColtsFan