Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bleacher Report: Colts Should Sign T.O

Andy

Yeah, great idea.

I wish Obama would ban Bleacher Report. He's enough of a sports fan that he could get away with it.

Horrible site, that posts foolish ideas that people think are fact because it's on a website.

The last thing Andrew Luck needs is ME-O bullying him for the ball.

No don't see it. Years ago when he got dropped I hoped no one would pick him up. Not because of his talent, but due to his attitude and pompous actions. But talent won over and he continued to play, I have to admit he did straighten out his attitude and personality. Most definitely a future HOF player, but dont; know he has enough gas in the tank to contribute enough to the Colts . Might contribute short term but not a long term player. Are we in a super hurry to JUST win, or are we remodeling another team of the future to come?

"Owens could have been the difference between winning and losing Super Bowl XLIV in 2009.

Owens could have been the difference between winning a few playoff games and going "one and done" in the 2010 postseason.

I've advocated for this signing for three consecutive years now."

--

And that right there is the reason why the dude is writing and not working in the NFL, especially that last sentence.

Ill pass on team oblitirator, if were gonna sign a player that can potentially bring drama to the team then I would have rather had J Jenkins at least hes younger and has a tremendous upside, TO is just old and full of drama

To be honest if you could get him very cheap on a 1 yr deal it might not be a bad idea. and if it dont work out you can trade him off to someone like denver or New England. wont get much for him maybe a bag of footballs and thats a big maybe. but what can it hurt? he could be a good fill in if a WR gets hurt. try him out see how he does. right now the colts could use any WR help they can get, cant be worst then a team signing chad ochocinco or johnson or whatever his name is this year lol

To be honest if you could get him very cheap on a 1 yr deal it might not be a bad idea. and if it dont work out you can trade him off to someone like denver or New England. wont get much for him maybe a bag of footballs and thats a big maybe. but what can it hurt? he could be a good fill in if a WR gets hurt. try him out see how he does. right now the colts could use any WR help they can get, cant be worst then a team signing chad ochocinco or johnson or whatever his name is this year lol

I would be a horrible idea. We have a new rookie QB who is already having to deal with trying to replace maybe the greatest player to ever play and if nothing else was the most beloved player in this city. That last thing we need to do is add a guy who has proven he is beyond selfish and is a proven locker-room cancer and who has had friction with QBs every where he goes.

No one is going to want him to be able to trade him if it doesn't work out here. If someone wanted him they would have picked him up by now. No one is going to give us anything if he doesn't work out here. Heck, we could probably throw in a draft pick or two to send him to another team and they would still say no.

Yes our WR core is a little weak right now but signing TO is going to cause way more headaches than it will ever fix. Let Luck develop with guys like Wayne and Collie and let the new younger WRs develop along with him and look for us to maybe target Luck's star WR in the first round of the draft next year.

I stopped reading when I hit this spot:

Drafting Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen and signing Griff Whalen was a start.

So our big start was signing an UDFA, and nothing to do with acquiring a speedster in T.Y Hilton in the 3rd? Or acquiring a guy with decent potential in the 6th? No, Griff Whalen was a good start to setting us up for the foreseeable future. RiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Going out of your way to comment on that being our big start, and neglecting to mention either receiver draftee seems pretty short-sighted.

Why dont the colts go out and sign CB's like Mcfadden, Kelly Jennings, Drew Coleman or even bring back Donald strickland....both coleman and strickland are good nickel CB's could prob even land a starting spot opposite of Powers. im not sold on Thomas or rucker as a starter on defense. you could grab one of those guys for a year for prob about 2 or 3 million.