Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steal of the Draft

Moncrief

David DeCastro for the Steelers, I hate to say it, at No.24.

The other candidate could be Omar Bolden that the Denver Broncos got. If he had not torn his ACL in his last year, he could have been a round 2 pick. Much like Gronkowski tore his ACL in his last college year, due to which he went to the top of the 2nd where he was picked up by the Pats.

For us, similarly, Chapman, just like Omar Bolden above.

Who do you think will be the steal from the 2012 draft class? I would like to think it would be T.Y. Hilton

Jared Crick DE Nebraska really hated how the texans picked him up was really hoping colts wouldve picked him up as the draft was going into the 4-5th rounds if it wasnt for his torn pectoral muscle he was projected 1st round pick

I think Dennard to the Pats in the 7th is the best value pick and, ironically, Ballard to the Colts as the last pick in the 5th.

Also, Bobby Massie OT to the Cardinals in the 4th and Billy Winn DT to the Browns in the 6th.

Who do you think will be the steal from the 2012 draft class? I would like to think it would be T.Y. Hilton

Definitely Josh Chapman. He was widely regarded as the #2 best nose tackle in the draft, and quite honestly, he's a far better prospect than Dontari Poe. Poe played for Memphis on one of the worst teams in all of college football, with below average competition, while Chapman played with a torn ACL on a national title-winning team with the best competition in college football and still excelled at a high level. Now that he's supposedly fully recovered, he could prove to be a dominant nose tackle right from the start.

I would say the Ravens got the steal of the draft in Tommy Streeter in the 6th, and the Patriots got another one in the 7th. I would say Janoris Jenkins in round 2, but IMO true steals are impact players found in day 3.

The Colts steal of the draft has to be Chapman because no way he falls to us in the 5th round if he's not injured.

The Steelers getting Decastro is an absolute steal to me. I know it was a 1st round pick but it filled a huge need for them and he's probably one of the most talented guys in this draft.

DeCastro and Riley falling into the 20s were both steals. If you want a late round guy....hm...Tank Carder, Asa Jackson, Alfonso Dennard, and Streeter are all good talents with lots of potential. If Burfict plays to his potential and stays out of trouble, he could be the steal of the draft

Rueben Randle to the Giants at the bottom of the 2nd round, right before the Colts picked again. If Randle was still there at the top of the 3rd round, I wonder if Grigson and Pagano would have taken him instead of Dwayne Allen.

I was also surprised the Colts passed on both Trumaine Johnson and Josh Robinson to get a second TE. Both CBs were picked immediately after the Colts selected Dwayne Allen. He better be worth it.

The definition of "steal" is very broad.... but..

Hilton has hit a LOT of NFL experts tongues. IF Hilton is an impact return man he is worth his weight in gold.

I just can't get over the fact that this draft is not SEXY at all... but come This/Next season these players will ALL be shining.

DeCastro and Riley falling into the 20s were both steals. If you want a late round guy....hm...Tank Carder, Asa Jackson, Alfonso Dennard, and Streeter are all good talents with lots of potential. If Burfict plays to his potential and stays out of trouble, he could be the steal of the draft

Burfict for SURE, If can can keep his crap together and work hard!

dontarie poe was the steal of the draft imo. he's very raw same was said about jason pierre paul with his athletic ability. at 6'4 335lbs nt with 4.8 speed, i think poe will go down as one of the greatest defensive players ever.

How would someone picked number 11 overall be a "steal" in the draft? If he turns out to be a great starting player he'll be playing up to his potential as evaluated by the team that drafted him. If he doesn't, he'll be looked upon as a failed gamble. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd only really consider a player a steal if he fell into the later rounds and then defied the odds and turned out to be a Pro Bowler.

The ultimate "steal" is when you can pick up a late round pick or even someone undrafted and they turn out to be a Hall of Fame worthy player. I think one of my favorites of all time would be Kurt Warner who was by ANY measure a steal.

hate to say it because i was hoping the colts would find a way to trade for another second rounder cause i thought this guy would fit in well on the colts defense, but courtney upshaw. i figured he would be gone in the first but he fell all the way down to baltimore in the second round

DeCastro could've and should've been a top 15 pick even as a guard. The Steelers got him at #24 and he filled their biggest need. In my opinion, he was the biggest steel of the first round. Reuben Randle and Bobby Massie were two other steels that I was hoping the colts would get. (Randle was taken one pick before us too).

I'd have to say the job the Vikings did on the Browns--swapped 3 for 4 and gained a heap of later picks and still got the guy they wanted. There was no possible way that anyone would jump up to 3rd pick and take Richardson ahead of Kalil

I'd have to say the job the Vikings did on the Browns--swapped 3 for 4 and gained a heap of later picks and still got the guy they wanted. There was no possible way that anyone would jump up to 3rd pick and take Richardson ahead of Kalil

The Bucs would have. I think that was the whole reason behind the trade.

Definitely Josh Chapman. He was widely regarded as the #2 best nose tackle in the draft, and quite honestly, he's a far better prospect than Dontari Poe. Poe played for Memphis on one of the worst teams in all of college football, with below average competition, while Chapman played with a torn ACL on a national title-winning team with the best competition in college football and still excelled at a high level. Now that he's supposedly fully recovered, he could prove to be a dominant nose tackle right from the start.

He just said in an interview on the radio that he is only 50% recovered at this point. He can do some light straight-line running and that is it.