Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense! Defense! Andrew Luck!

BrentMc11

I guess i will say what most want to, or think...maybe I will be quiet!

Who is our new Coach?

Who is our new GM?

Who is the owner?

If you do not know the answer (Exit the thread immediately!) :)

I have been on top of the draft, and today am not happy by a Peter King report that our new GM said."He could not get the needed D help in this draft."

What are you happy with about the draft?

Who do you think made the decisions?

Note: Andrew luck is working out with Coby Fleenor and Griff Whalen on their own with the Colt's playbook.

There is a defensive coach....Pagano. Manusky! Anderson...Fitzgerald............

I was so glad we drafted a QB with the mindset of winning! Yes this young fella seems goofy sometimes. So did our friend Peyton Manning! Heck yes we miss him, but we are on a new journey!!! (Don't Stop Belieivin' OOOOPS!)

Give some feedback friends and foes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Colts!

I have been on top of the draft, and today am not happy by a Peter King report that our new GM said."He could not get the needed D help in this draft."

I don't understand why this would make you unhappy. The GM is indicating that he recognizes our defensive inefficiencies but we didn't have enough picks and/or good enough players at our picks to warrant their selection.

Everyone (hyperbole alert) is complaining that we ignored the defensive side of the ball when the reality is that we didn't want to ignore it but the draft unfolding the way it did forced our hand. That should make people happy that the GM realizes there's more work to do.

I think the FO had to choose between O and D, and as Luck was 1/1 pick, they've decided to boost up O and to provide Luck with targets. However our D doesn't look such bad, I still believe we need to reinforce D too. But this may happen only next season, not having more picks and salary cap.

I'm excited about new draftees, and hardly can wait for the season-start.

Our cap space next year will be so good, we could probably bring in 2 BIG TIME free agents, not just the scrubby backup variety.....although Satele and Redding are no such scrubs.

This offseason we got Luck some people to grow with. Next offseason we add some key components to the defense. We'll be looking at a serious Super Bowl contender.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. This is a 2 year rebuild and the first part of the rebuild was the offense. Next year will be defense via free agency and the draft.

As far as the actual draft itself this year, I'm very happy.

-Fleener falling to us was a gift.

-Taking Dwayne Allen furthered the BPA notion within drafting for offense. We all saw how the Patriots and Steelers are doing using 2 TE's

-Hilton provides a spark on offense and on special teams, something we haven't seen since the days of Terrance Wilkins.

-Chapman, whom I expected to return to form after his injury rehab, is a very great pickup. Help plugs up the DT rotation and will be a force in the run defense.

Rome wasn't built in a day and the same is true of an NFL team with holes on both sides of the ball. I think we had the most holes on offense, and if you draft a QB #1 overall, then you'd better have people for him to use on offense. We drafted 2 very good TEs to replace the ones let go, a speedster at WR who may also help the return game, and other players via the draft or UDFA signings who will plug holes, too. Not to mention the FAs signed in the off-season.

We have fewer holes on the defensive sie of the ball. I think we use the leftover players we have, the FAs signed, the players drafted and UDFA we're bringing in to play in the new system. After a season using the 34, then we can identify needs more easily and thoroughly for next year's draft.

I think Grigson and the F.O. did an amazing job on the draft. Drafted almost all offense and Spent cap $$ on acquiring Defense through FA.

While I don't think the D will be bad this year since Pagano is in charge, Grigson realized that Luck is going to need someone to throw to. Look at St. Louis.......Bradford didn't have anyone around and their record was as bad as ours. Plus to move to 3-4, the defense needs alot of work. They were smart enough not to try and do a makeover in one year.

I like that we signed a bunch of running backs too......make everyone prove why they should start.

Grigson is giving Pagano and Arians the good tools......now the coaches will hone the player's skills and find the best man for the job.

Just like other teams, the FO created their draft board with grades given to perspective players. As mentioned by Grigson, the impact defensive players that were ranked high on their draft board were taken early. Of course with our early picks, we focused on offense, drafting Luck, Fleener, and Allen. After the third round, the offensive players that we drafted were ranked higer than the available defensive talent, with the exception of Chapman. We didn't reach to fill a need and went BPA.

Next year, we should be able to find defensive talent in the early rounds as there should be highly ranked defensive talent within the first few rounds. After, if we go BPA, we may see more offensive picks, similar to this year. We can't expect an all defensive draft next year if we use the BPA formula. It all depends on the available talent. This particular year, the draft was filled with receiver talent, and it showed in our draft picks.

Who is our new Coach?

Who is our new GM?

Who is the owner?

Note: Andrew luck is working out with Coby Fleenor and Griff Whalen on their own with the Colt's playbook.

There is a defensive coach....Pagano. Manusky! Anderson...Fitzgerald............

I was so glad we drafted a QB with the mindset of winning! Yes this young fella seems goofy sometimes. So did our friend Peyton Manning! Heck yes we miss him, but we are on a new journey!!! (Don't Stop Belieivin' OOOOPS!)

Who is our new Coach?

Tom Cruise

Who is our new GM?

Tim Tebow

Who is the owner?

Jerry Jones

The fact that Grigson said that doesn't upset me. The fact that everyone is focusing on that does get on nerves b/c they are taking it and running with it saying we didn't do well in the draft at all. Which is not the case and moves me into answering your next question of if I'm happy about the draft--YES! I think Grigson did a good job with the draft. I think he showed discipline by sticking to our board and not deviating from it. TIme will tell how well we did, but I am pleased. We provided our new franchise guy with targets and added a piece to our O-line.

Next question of who do I think made the decisions? Well, our draft board was set by (I think) Grigson, Pagano, Telesco, and Telesco's crew of scouts. I think they ran their picks and decisions by Irsay, but i think the decisions were actually made by Grigson and Pagano.

I think we will be surprised how our season turns out. We have provided Luck with targets: Fleener, Allen, Wayne, Collie, Avery, Brown, Carter, Ballard... Our defense is not in the tubes, granted it could be better, but it does not stick. Remember on our D we have: Mathis, Freeney, Angerer, Redding, Zbikowski...we are not complete, but we are getting there. Not to mention our guys are excited and ready to get going...

BUILD THE MONSTER!

Time to get revved up COLTS fans :)

The fact that Grigson said that doesn't upset me. The fact that everyone is focusing on that does get on nerves b/c they are taking it and running with it saying we didn't do well in the draft at all. Which is not the case and moves me into answering your next question of if I'm happy about the draft--YES! I think Grigson did a good job with the draft. I think he showed discipline by sticking to our board and not deviating from it. TIme will tell how well we did, but I am pleased. We provided our new franchise guy with targets and added a piece to our O-line.

Next question of who do I think made the decisions? Well, our draft board was set by (I think) Grigson, Pagano, Telesco, and Telesco's crew of scouts. I think they ran their picks and decisions by Irsay, but i think the decisions were actually made by Grigson and Pagano.

I think we will be surprised how our season turns out. We have provided Luck with targets: Fleener, Allen, Wayne, Collie, Avery, Brown, Carter, Ballard... Our defense is not in the tubes, granted it could be better, but it does not stick. Remember on our D we have: Mathis, Freeney, Angerer, Redding, Zbikowski...we are not complete, but we are getting there. Not to mention our guys are excited and ready to get going...

BUILD THE MONSTER!

Don't forget Bethea and Powers. We just needed a NT and CB in the draft and we got a NT so i'm good with that until we can coach what we have up to standards. People still forget we have 3 pro bowlers on our defense and that says alot.

Don't forget Bethea and Powers. We just needed a NT and CB in the draft and we got a NT so i'm good with that until we can coach what we have up to standards. People still forget we have 3 pro bowlers on our defense and that says alot.

Thanks! I can't believe I forgot those two guys!

And EXACTLY!! People forget the coach that was in charge of the defense and the real reason it was horrible...the Tampa 2 "Cover Nobody" scheme. Times will be different with a coach who actually knows defense.

Look for all the people yelling we needed to get more defenisve help you are right we need more defensive help. I am sure the Colts know this but say we had drafted CBs and a safety rather than WRs in the draft. People would just be here screaming we didn't get Luck any weapons to work with. This speaks to the fact we had more holes than we could fill in one draft.

This is a more than one year rebulding progress. On defense we have guys like Thomas and Rucker who can play CB. No they aren't great and no they aren't going to set the world on fire. However they can do the job for a year till we have a chance to address it in the draft or free agency next year. On offense at the spots we drafted for the most part we didn't even have that. We needed bodies for offense. We at least have bodies on defense.

We had a good draft. We filled holes that we needed to fill. Anytime you do that it's a good draft. Not only that we got something rare for a rookie QB, we got his go-to guy in college. Like I said before it's one thing to get a new weapon for your rookie QB it's another to get his go-to guy. That should help Luck develop a little faster. We also might have gotten a couple of burners on offense at the WR spot and that is something we really needed with Garcon gone. Add to that that one of those guys can be a returner as well which is a poistion we've begging for the Colts to address for how long? What's not to like about that?

The running back pick I didn't totally get. He seems like Carter 2.0 but maybe that just means Grigson wasn't a big fan of what they saw on tape with Carter I don't know. It could also be that it's a sign that the Colts want to become a we are going to run this ball down your throat team.

The defenisve guy we did take you can argue was our biggest hole on defense and that's a 3-4 NT. By all accounts we got a guy with second round talent in the fifth round. If he recovers from his injury he might be the steal of the draft.

As for the QB with the last pick. Stanton is on a one year contract I believe. I think what you saw was the Colts drafting a guy who can learn from Stanton and take over as the back up QB next season. I also heard Harnish on the radio yesterday and he described himself as an athletic guy who can run a wildcat package or something if needed. So maybe the Colts are going to play with him in that role.

Let's just wait and see. Also for the people who say we did nothing to upgrade the defense Look at most of our free agent moves we made, we signed vet defensive guys. It looks like they are going to free agency to fix the defense in the short term and let the offense grow with Luck. Not a bad plan. Other than the o-line which is the other area they really addressed in free agnecy moves.

No this team is probably not a playoff team right now but they aren't supposed to be. They are just starting a rebuilding process that is probably going to take till next year at least if not longer.

As for the corner spot, which is where people seem to be the most upset about as a whole, we need to remember the Colts have admited they had some guys they wanted and just missed on them. It happens in the draft. That should tell you the Colts fully understand it's an area of weakness. WIth that said Pagano's strength is coaching the secondary so if he's going to coach up undrafted free agents I trust him to do it in the secondary. Also we should have our top three already on the roster. Powers is good and Rucker and Thomas need to keep developing. Don't forget they are both young players. If they develop the way the Colts hope maybe corner wont be as big of a hole as people are making it out to be. If they don't well that's what free agency and the draft are for next year.

People keep forgetting/denying we are rebuilding. WE AREN'T LIKELY CONTENDERS FOR THE SB! We have another year or two of experience and offseason acquisitions to become a force to be reckoned with. Pushing too hard to get everything you need, when you need as much as INDY does, leads to mistakes, reaches, and disappointment. We've been good for so long that fans have come to expect 10-12 wins/yr, even when it's not wholly realistic. Let's temper our expectations and understand that we have a rookie qb that needs our patience to help mold his mostly revamped team.

Rome was not built in a day.

I don't understand why this would make you unhappy. The GM is indicating that he recognizes our defensive inefficiencies but we didn't have enough picks and/or good enough players at our picks to warrant their selection.

Everyone (hyperbole alert) is complaining that we ignored the defensive side of the ball when the reality is that we didn't want to ignore it but the draft unfolding the way it did forced our hand. That should make people happy that the GM realizes there's more work to do.

I love your thought process! However we have defensive minds on this staff. (NOTICE: I did not say MASTERMNDS)

We had ZERO fire power! Zero........Pagano thinks we can HUNT............NOW!

I think the FO had to choose between O and D, and as Luck was 1/1 pick, they've decided to boost up O and to provide Luck with targets. However our D doesn't look such bad, I still believe we need to reinforce D too. But this may happen only next season, not having more picks and salary cap.

I'm excited about new draftees, and hardly can wait for the season-start.

You draft a stud QB....with a TE mentality! Are you going to draft Janoris Jenkins? I said 2 tight ends.....kick my butt later.....love ya HCF!!!!!!!!

Rome wasn't built in a day and the same is true of an NFL team with holes on both sides of the ball. I think we had the most holes on offense, and if you draft a QB #1 overall, then you'd better have people for him to use on offense. We drafted 2 very good TEs to replace the ones let go, a speedster at WR who may also help the return game, and other players via the draft or UDFA signings who will plug holes, too. Not to mention the FAs signed in the off-season.

We have fewer holes on the defensive sie of the ball. I think we use the leftover players we have, the FAs signed, the players drafted and UDFA we're bringing in to play in the new system. After a season using the 34, then we can identify needs more easily and thoroughly for next year's draft.

Pagano looked at the DBs. Anderson had Ed Reed! I know football....Attack! Attack....Attack!!!

I think Grigson and the F.O. did an amazing job on the draft. Drafted almost all offense and Spent cap $$ on acquiring Defense through FA.

While I don't think the D will be bad this year since Pagano is in charge, Grigson realized that Luck is going to need someone to throw to. Look at St. Louis.......Bradford didn't have anyone around and their record was as bad as ours. Plus to move to 3-4, the defense needs alot of work. They were smart enough not to try and do a makeover in one year.

I like that we signed a bunch of running backs too......make everyone prove why they should start.

Grigson is giving Pagano and Arians the good tools......now the coaches will hone the player's skills and find the best man for the job.

The best points......we get a QB......Wow....lets get a CB??? Weapons....weapons my friend! We have 2nd and 3rd round "KIDS" Pagano and Grigson need s across the 50.....Adam V and P Mac!

Just like other teams, the FO created their draft board with grades given to perspective players. As mentioned by Grigson, the impact defensive players that were ranked high on their draft board were taken early. Of course with our early picks, we focused on offense, drafting Luck, Fleener, and Allen. After the third round, the offensive players that we drafted were ranked higer than the available defensive talent, with the exception of Chapman. We didn't reach to fill a need and went BPA.

Next year, we should be able to find defensive talent in the early rounds as there should be highly ranked defensive talent within the first few rounds. After, if we go BPA, we may see more offensive picks, similar to this year. We can't expect an all defensive draft next year if we use the BPA formula. It all depends on the available talent. This particular year, the draft was filled with receiver talent, and it showed in our draft picks.

How correct could you be? Huge cap space!!! HUGE! We will not be 3-13 like in 1998. Good job Flash77!

Who is our new Coach?

Who is our new GM?

Who is the owner?

Once again Brent that sly baseball humor of yours hit me smack between the eyes just like it always does. haha Just like America, the 4th of July, & :pie: , I can always count on you to make your audience engage in critical thinking. Obviously, with the top pick in the draft we needed to furnish Luck with some new TE toys in Fleener & Allen. A new WR in Hilton is a nice new addition too. Pagano will bring real competition to the table again that we haven't really seen since Coach Dungy & teaching proper technique should cut down on our player injury likelihood as well.

I have never put much stock in speculation. Show me you belong on the field of play. Let's roll up our sleeves, go to work, & shock the world with how bleeping good we truly are. Believe Baby Believe!!!

BUILD THE MONSTER!

Pagano has evaluated. He has seen the film! Sleeves were rolled up in a hot sweaty room. Mathis and Reggie...Freeney and Collie...Nevis and the new 3-4 boys! Good times! Good times Colt fans! Beware of the Monster!

Look for all the people yelling we needed to get more defenisve help you are right we need more defensive help. I am sure the Colts know this but say we had drafted CBs and a safety rather than WRs in the draft. People would just be here screaming we didn't get Luck any weapons to work with. This speaks to the fact we had more holes than we could fill in one draft.

This is a more than one year rebulding progress. On defense we have guys like Thomas and Rucker who can play CB. No they aren't great and no they aren't going to set the world on fire. However they can do the job for a year till we have a chance to address it in the draft or free agency next year. On offense at the spots we drafted for the most part we didn't even have that. We needed bodies for offense. We at least have bodies on defense.

We had a good draft. We filled holes that we needed to fill. Anytime you do that it's a good draft. Not only that we got something rare for a rookie QB, we got his go-to guy in college. Like I said before it's one thing to get a new weapon for your rookie QB it's another to get his go-to guy. That should help Luck develop a little faster. We also might have gotten a couple of burners on offense at the WR spot and that is something we really needed with Garcon gone. Add to that that one of those guys can be a returner as well which is a poistion we've begging for the Colts to address for how long? What's not to like about that?

The running back pick I didn't totally get. He seems like Carter 2.0 but maybe that just means Grigson wasn't a big fan of what they saw on tape with Carter I don't know. It could also be that it's a sign that the Colts want to become a we are going to run this ball down your throat team.

The defenisve guy we did take you can argue was our biggest hole on defense and that's a 3-4 NT. By all accounts we got a guy with second round talent in the fifth round. If he recovers from his injury he might be the steal of the draft.

As for the QB with the last pick. Stanton is on a one year contract I believe. I think what you saw was the Colts drafting a guy who can learn from Stanton and take over as the back up QB next season. I also heard Harnish on the radio yesterday and he described himself as an athletic guy who can run a wildcat package or something if needed. So maybe the Colts are going to play with him in that role.

Let's just wait and see. Also for the people who say we did nothing to upgrade the defense Look at most of our free agent moves we made, we signed vet defensive guys. It looks like they are going to free agency to fix the defense in the short term and let the offense grow with Luck. Not a bad plan. Other than the o-line which is the other area they really addressed in free agnecy moves.

No this team is probably not a playoff team right now but they aren't supposed to be. They are just starting a rebuilding process that is probably going to take till next year at least if not longer.

As for the corner spot, which is where people seem to be the most upset about as a whole, we need to remember the Colts have admited they had some guys they wanted and just missed on them. It happens in the draft. That should tell you the Colts fully understand it's an area of weakness. WIth that said Pagano's strength is coaching the secondary so if he's going to coach up undrafted free agents I trust him to do it in the secondary. Also we should have our top three already on the roster. Powers is good and Rucker and Thomas need to keep developing. Don't forget they are both young players. If they develop the way the Colts hope maybe corner wont be as big of a hole as people are making it out to be. If they don't well that's what free agency and the draft are for next year.

DBs!!!! DBs!!!! Roy Anderson...Grigson, Pagano and Anderson KNOW! Every single one of them were better than draft choices.....Janoris Jenkins is 3 hours away. Watch out Indy!

I've set it a few times, being positive is good but not at the expense of neglecting what needs to be improved and Grigson clearly recognizes we need a Corner and a shutdown Corner at that, Im encouraged by that, yes we missed out on alot of talent and it sucks but now he has a better idea of what he needs to do to get the players he wants, Ill say it again, sometimes reaching isnt a bad thing as long as its a reach for a need for good talent and not just someone thats gonna fill out depth

People keep forgetting/denying we are rebuilding. WE AREN'T LIKELY CONTENDERS FOR THE SB! We have another year or two of experience and offseason acquisitions to become a force to be reckoned with. Pushing too hard to get everything you need, when you need as much as INDY does, leads to mistakes, reaches, and disappointment. We've been good for so long that fans have come to expect 10-12 wins/yr, even when it's not wholly realistic. Let's temper our expectations and understand that we have a rookie qb that needs our patience to help mold his mostly revamped team.

Rome was not built in a day.

I agree so much! My problem is we had a 53 man roster who essentially gave up! Number 18 went down and they were like children.

Bill Parcells said this gave the Colts an "Excuse to lose." That comment kicks me in the butt EVERY day, 0-13 sucked...62-7 made me ill!!!

I've set it a few times, being positive is good but not at the expense of neglecting what needs to be improved and Grigson clearly recognizes we need a Corner and a shutdown Corner at that, Im encouraged by that, yes we missed out on alot of talent and it sucks but now he has a better idea of what he needs to do to get the players he wants, Ill say it again, sometimes reaching isnt a bad thing as long as its a reach for a need for good talent and not just someone thats gonna fill out depth

Gavin,

Sometimes, a reach is just that a reach. If the talent isn't there, you don't pull the draft trigger IMO. I agree 100%. We desperately need a shutdown corner, but there's always next year too. Our rebuilding project will take 3 years 2 & a half if our squad is lucky no pun intended.

Gavin,

Sometimes, a reach is just that a reach. If the talent isn't there, you don't pull the draft trigger IMO. I agree 100%. We desperately need a shutdown corner, but there's always next year too. Our rebuilding project will take 3 years 2 & a half if our squad is lucky no pun intended.

I agree, we actually did well in the draft, very well actually, I am looking forward to seeing what happens this season, also next years draft class I even looked up, its looking pretty good as well

Gavin.....it is hard...really hard....to say.....OK no it is not. Grigson drafted OUR board. We have DBs who played in the Tampa 2 defense! (Thanks Lolly) Rucker and Thomas WILL get better under Pagano...all DBs are young! GIVE them a remote chance to play real football!

Larry Coyer destroyed what is called defense! Grigson saw....Rucker and Thomas have skills....LET them PLAY! Not 10 yards off of the ball!

Edited by shecolt
inappropriate content

Gavin.....it is hard...really hard....to say.....OK no it is not. Grigson drafted OUR board. We have DBs who played in the Tampa 2 defense! (Thanks Lolly) Rucker and Thomas WILL get better under Pagano...all DBs are young! GIVE them a remote chance to play real football!

Larry Coyer destroyed what is called defense! Grigson saw....Rucker and Thomas have skills....LET them PLAY! Not 10 yards off of the ball!

You make an excellent point Brent. It all revolves around the proper use of existing roster talent. Time, technique, repetition, & trusting what your eyes see...Don't over analyze it just react & fly to the ball!!!

This team needed everything. You couldn't possibly address it all in one draft. Two more drafts and two more years of free agency are needed to turn it around. If it goes like this, I will be pleased:

2012 - 6-10

2013 - 8-8

2014 - 10-6, Wild Card

If they are in playoff competition by 2014, we should be happy. The Polians left this franchise in a patheitic state.

This team needed everything. You couldn't possibly address it all in one draft. Two more drafts and two more years of free agency are needed to turn it around. If it goes like this, I will be pleased:

2012 - 6-10

2013 - 8-8

2014 - 10-6, Wild Card

If they are in playoff competition by 2014, we should be happy. The Polians left this franchise in a patheitic state.

I happen to agree #12!, I do believe the defense and special teams will improve (I wish I was coaching special teams!)

Why else are we drafting offensive talent? Cheer up!!!

Who is our new Coach?

Who is our new GM?

Who is the owner?

its good that Luck is working out with those guys, and if im not mistaken wayne and others got lucks contact info and address at stanford...if that is the case then wayne and the other guys will prob go there before summer camp opens up and work out with luck. to me thats classy by wayne to get the offense together to go to california and work with luck and get him ready. not many players would do that for their rookie QB's.

defensive part, i was alittle upset the colts didnt try to trade up in the second round to try to get another pick to draft Jenkins the CB from northern Alabama but at the same time made up for it by drafting Chapman from bama. defense was a major need this year for alot of teams. plus the colts were trying to give weapons to luck to make his transition into the NFL that much easier. next year i predict Te'o or Mathieu being the defensive player for the colts in the first round. Colts will concentrate on defense next years draft. i have said it since they released manning that it will be the 2013 or 2014 season when they start looking really good and being contenders again.

as far as who i think was running the draft i think it was grigs and pagano. wasnt it reported that Irsay got mad at one of the picks they made because he wanted another defensive player but the guy didnt fall to them. to me that tells me irsay would not have minded them trading up to grab someone he feels the team needs. oh well. can still wait and see who gets cut from teams and try to sign them.

its good that Luck is working out with those guys, and if im not mistaken wayne and others got lucks contact info and address at stanford...if that is the case then wayne and the other guys will prob go there before summer camp opens up and work out with luck. to me thats classy by wayne to get the offense together to go to california and work with luck and get him ready. not many players would do that for their rookie QB's.

defensive part, i was alittle upset the colts didnt try to trade up in the second round to try to get another pick to draft Jenkins the CB from northern Alabama but at the same time made up for it by drafting Chapman from bama. defense was a major need this year for alot of teams. plus the colts were trying to give weapons to luck to make his transition into the NFL that much easier. next year i predict Te'o or Mathieu being the defensive player for the colts in the first round. Colts will concentrate on defense next years draft. i have said it since they released manning that it will be the 2013 or 2014 season when they start looking really good and being contenders again.

as far as who i think was running the draft i think it was grigs and pagano. wasnt it reported that Irsay got mad at one of the picks they made because he wanted another defensive player but the guy didnt fall to them. to me that tells me irsay would not have minded them trading up to grab someone he feels the team needs. oh well. can still wait and see who gets cut from teams and try to sign them.

Nice post. My philosophy on CBs will forever remain the same.

The ONLY corner worth taking was Jenkins as of our picks. The Colts will never risk a pick on a tride and true thug! Mr. Jenkins can run wild in East St Louis if he desires.....and he is 3 hours from here. Please Janoris....you have a beautiful kid....stay home and do NOT >>> up your life.

Luck with Fleenor and Whalen...I see Whalen as sticking on the practice squad for his friends. Injuries happen...Whalen knows Luck!

Irsay can be mad all he wants to. Grigs did the BPA! If we won 2 more games....number 18 would be here. We need to embrace the new beginning.....Thanks for the reply young man!!

I've said this before and I'll say it again. This is a 2 year rebuild and the first part of the rebuild was the offense. Next year will be defense via free agency and the draft.

As far as the actual draft itself this year, I'm very happy.

-Fleener falling to us was a gift.

-Taking Dwayne Allen furthered the BPA notion within drafting for offense. We all saw how the Patriots and Steelers are doing using 2 TE's

-Hilton provides a spark on offense and on special teams, something we haven't seen since the days of Terrance Wilkins.

-Chapman, whom I expected to return to form after his injury rehab, is a very great pickup. Help plugs up the DT rotation and will be a force in the run defense.

What happend to wilkins I liked him and thought he was our future ST star