Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #8, Colts @ Texans, October 27, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Colts @Texans  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the Colts have an over-500 record (4-3), are you playing to win or to develop players?

• You play to win the game!
    • Play the young guys to develop them, even if that results in not making the playoffs.
    • Why not both? (Play young guys and play to win.)
  2. 2. JT is expected back today after being out with injury. Will he break 100 yards rushing?

3. 3. Who wins?

4. 4. Bonus Question: Would you like the Colts to be buyers or sellers before the trade deadline?

• Buyers -- we need to upgrade this team to make a playoff run
    • Sellers -- we need draft capital to continue to build this team
    • Neither -- I like this team as currently constituted.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2024 at 06:14 PM

1 minute ago, runthepost said:

We were never competing this year with Richardson it was a year of growth anyway

I don’t see the growth, that’s the problem.

Its like a year of a few steps forwards and several steps backwards. One has to look for a needle in a haystack to find silver linings

• Like 2

Just now, runthepost said:

We were never competing this year with Richardson it was a year of growth anyway

It's very unlikely to see massive growth from the QB position in the NLF. For every Josh Allen, you have 20-30 Josh Rosens. This will be a losing year and so will every other year under AR. He's just not a good QB.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

Pressure with 3 guys wow 

But remember PFF has them as elite and I have said they have been over rated for years. It was to supposed great lines going against each other. The Texans Dline whipped them.  The strength  of this team, base on draft capital and money, can't even get it done.

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

Are you blind? He had guys in his face immediately

he has zero awareness the texans loaded up on the left side of the line . roll slightly to his left to buy time .  that is why teams blitz him so much he doesnt adjust to blitzes just stands like a statue

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Pierce has butter fingers today

The whole Colts team as butterfingers!! Good candy bars. But terrible for a team. Missed passes missed terrible tackling that is been a issue from the start of the season.

Gus needs to teach these grown men how to tackle. Haha 

Not going to happen, either you have it or you don't..

We’re not going anywhere with AR at QB throwing to Pittman & Pierce. They just can’t get open against man.  Either turn to Flacco or start giving AD more first read reps. Let those two start working on their chemistry now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

It's very unlikely to see massive growth from the QB position in the NLF. For every Josh Allen, you have 20-30 Josh Rosens. This will be a losing year and so will every other year under AR. He's just not a good QB.

There was never anything to suggest he was going to be a good QB. Crazy to draft a QB exclusively non athleticism. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Defense did their part. Played pretty solid. Pass interference on Moore at the end was a terrible call. 
Offensive play calling and time management by the qb was TERRIBLE when it comes to game awareness. Neither the coaching or the qb has it at the moment. Not sure if you can teach that. 

• Like 2

The INT right before the half killed us. We only loss by 3 and people acting like we lost 21 lmao . REFS didn't do us any favors either, we had way too many penalties, I thought Kenny Moore's PI was a pile of crap. Taylor played a good game, and defense played good enough. AR was lousy in the 1st half but better in the 2nd half. That sums up what I have to say.

• Like 4

Enough games going against crowd noise, enough games seeing different Ds, enough games knowing not to lose games with turnovers, enough games knowing to manage clock, enough games working on outs to pass catchers helping them get out of bounds, enough games leading WRs correctly - AR got NONE of these enough in college.

Its going to be a LONG year!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coltsva said:

When he proves otherwise, I'll retract my statement.

You're not wrong. People blaming Steichen for Richardson's * decision making are just AR apologists. 

Steichen doesn't go out and tell Richardson to bomb passes 40 yards every play. There are short and intermediate routes available, but AR just launches it. Hes completely lost. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tsarquise said:

There was never anything to suggest he was going to be a good QB. Crazy to draft a QB exclusively non athleticism. 

Okay, so let's go back to the draft.  Were you one of the ones who wanted to end the QB carousel by drafting any qb or were you in the camp of passing on a qb if it wasn't Stroud, or didn't want to draft a QB at all since we had no chance at getting Stroud.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes - Taylor will get 101.

You were close. He ran for 105. He probably should have gotten a lot more.

I saw the last play on TV. It was not a good one. AR should have thrown the ball.

• Like 2

Richardson rolling out to the right caused the last sack. The line can’t protect a qb when he isn’t where he is supposed to be. Not that it mattered, but just shows he isn’t close to being a nfl qb. He takes too long to read the defense and feel pressure. That makes the line look bad. He just shouldn’t be a nfl starting qb!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dark_Indy said:

You're not wrong. People blaming Steichen for Richardson's * decision making are just AR apologists. 

Steichen doesn't go out and tell Richardson to bomb passes 40 yards every play. There are short and intermediate routes available, but AR just launches it. Hes completely lost. 

You may be right on the routes available.  I just wonder how many of those short routes are his 3rd or 4th read?  I don't know, just offering that to the discussion.

I don't blame AR on this loss. Besides him being out of breath.

This offense call playing is been a joke recently.

Even with JT out of the lineup, we have one of the highest paid ol and can't run the damn ball??

With JT feed the man!!! Stupid coaching!! JMO 

13 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Okay, so let's go back to the draft.  Were you one of the ones who wanted to end the QB carousel by drafting any qb or were you in the camp of passing on a qb if it wasn't Stroud, or didn't want to draft a QB at all since we had no chance at getting Stroud.

Good point. Several of the Richardson detractors wanted Levis. Levis has not played that much better. If Levis was playing lights out, they would be pointing out that they wanted Levis and would post his stats. Since Levis is not playing well, they only say that the Colts should not have drafted AR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

You were close. He ran for 105. He probably should have gotten a lot more.

I saw the last play on TV. It was not a good one. AR should have thrown the ball.

I just posted a post above giving my opinions of the game. I am logging out for a while because this forum is about to become a crap show. We already lost a close game, and I am not happy as it is, so I want to avoid the negativity which will make me sick. Have a nice night @NFLfan

• Like 4