Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #8, Colts @ Texans, October 27, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Colts @Texans  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the Colts have an over-500 record (4-3), are you playing to win or to develop players?

• You play to win the game!
    • Play the young guys to develop them, even if that results in not making the playoffs.
    • Why not both? (Play young guys and play to win.)
  2. 2. JT is expected back today after being out with injury. Will he break 100 yards rushing?

3. 3. Who wins?

4. 4. Bonus Question: Would you like the Colts to be buyers or sellers before the trade deadline?

• Buyers -- we need to upgrade this team to make a playoff run
    • Sellers -- we need draft capital to continue to build this team
    • Neither -- I like this team as currently constituted.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2024 at 06:14 PM

Just now, NFLfan said:

He has tons of potential. I would love the Vikes to trade for him. Not every Vikes fan agrees. I think he can be great. I love having more than one starting-caliber QB on my team.

"Starting caliber QB"

Lmao. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Shall we look at his career stats?

Stats mean nothing to me. He is a 22 or 23 year old player. If he was 28, I would agree. The guy has a lot of time to master his craft. Perhaps he should have sat behind a veteran QB.

• Like 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

Texans are nothing special.  We would be beating them with just average quarterback play.  What a shame.

This is true. Texans look like an average team and the AFC South is once again a very weak division.

Just now, FanFromtheWasteland said:

I agree

I believe this team is a lot better than it is playing. With better coaching staff and GM. But is it really cause different players would be in place. Haha 

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

Every QB we’ve had since he was drafted has been better.

The point that was being made is that they would draft a QB to mentor him. Ballard decided to toss him in at starting right away.

None of this changes that if we want any hope of salvaging him we need to try something other than what we are currently doing. We have Flacco now. Ignore it all you’d like but it’s a valid point.

I'm not ignoring anything.  I was reacting to you saying we should have had him sit for a couple of years.  I would have supported that if that was the original plan, but it wasn't.  I asked who you would have had mentor him and you said Flacco since he's on the roster now.  He wasn't then, so you can't use that to support your answer.

4 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

As much as it sucks kind of hoping this is the beginning of the end for Ballard and co. 

Lets be real in 8 years with him constructing the team we have never been better than mid.

He put all his eggs in a very raw very inexperienced prospect that looks to be an epic fail unless we have a Josh Allen like turnaround which is pretty unlikely

I’ve been a believer that it was going to happen.  I saw the amazing things he can do.

But I’ve lost that faith.  We can’t win with a handful of amazing highlight plays and a whole bunch of garbage plays.

I’m good with playing AR until the end of the season.  But if he doesn’t get it in gear before then, I think we should draft another QB.  he’s injury prone, makes huge costly mistakes, and is just generally inefficient even when he’s not making huge costly mistakes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

He has tons of potential. I would love the Vikes to trade for him. Not every Vikes fan agrees. I think he can be great. I love having more than one starting-caliber QB on my team.

I could see him beating the Vikings next week.  If Shane wakes up.

Just now, NFLfan said:

He is!

He maybe but he’s not playing like it right now.  Starting QBs don’t go 2/15 in a half in the NFL.  Like I said before it’s not all his fault.  I am putting a lot on Shane trying to make him something he’s not in a pocket passer.  Still AR has struggled way more than not this year.

Just now, EasyE said:

I believe this team is a lot better than it is playing. With better coaching staff and GM. But is it really cause different players would be in place. Haha 

This team is doing pretty good for is young as it is.

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

I'm not ignoring anything.  I was reacting to you saying we should have had him sit for a couple of years.  I would have supported that if that was the original plan, but it wasn't.  I asked who you would have had mentor him and you said Flacco since he's on the roster now.  He wasn't then, so you can't use that to support your answer.

We can absolutely sit him now. He’s regressed. That’s the whole point. He was not ready as they thought he was hence they didn’t draft a mentor QB.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

All your hot takes trashing AR aren’t going to work this game. Some of you need to look at the play calling

It started with him making good throws that we couldn't catch... Then there were some bad play calls... And then bad throws. It's everything 

5 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

He also had a lot of yards, a 13% higher completion percentage and a ton of TD’s

just stop 

Clearly i was saying that because others like to bring that up, buckaroo 🤐

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

He maybe but he’s not playing like it right now.  Starting QBs don’t go 2/15 in a half in the NFL.  Like I said before it’s not all his fault.  I am putting a lot on Shane trying to make him something he’s not in a pocket passer.  Still AR has struggled way more than not this year.

Okay.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

All your hot takes trashing AR aren’t going to work this game. Some of you need to look at the play calling

I get it. As a fan you really really want AR to be good, and its hard to realize the reality of how bad its really been. The playcalling has been bad, but the QB play has been worse. You could have Andy Reid calling plays and if your QB has no accuracy, no ability to complete passes the offense will look bad period.

• Like 2

This is what I am talking about with Shane.  Taylor has a history of running wild on the Texans and has had a pair of good runs to start the last two drives and then Shane instantly goes back to the pass.  Stop trying to put the game on the shoulders of Richardson.  He can’t handle it yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Play calling is a weak defense. 0/8 on 3rd down isn't a play calling issue. It's a performance issue. 

As a side note, it’s interesting to contrast this Colts team (which has been built on raw athleticism in need of coaching and instruction to develop football skills) with IU’s team (which is built on game experience and durability).

Colts look like a team that is athletic, but doesn’t play football very well.

IU is having the best season that perennial cellar-dweller has ever had.