Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you see any progress with Richardson?

Smonroe

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Do you understand what development means? If you wasn't impressed with his play today then you are not a fan of his. 

Shame.

What are you the say all for every fan? Fan since 72. Can be fan of team as whole but doesn't mean if a player is not playing well don't have to automatically think is so. Shame on you for not being objective.

Edited by JColts72
Update
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

What are you the say all for every fan? Fan since 72. Can be fan of team as whole but doesn't mean if a player is not playing well don't have to automatically think is so. Shame on you for not being objective.

I don't speak for anyone but myself. 

Objective thinking is paramount.  

1 minute ago, compuls1v3 said:

LOL.  2 opposite  answers.  I hope he got benched.   He needed to slide there.   Got to keep him accountable. 

I had no issue with Shane going the rest of the game with Flacco. Flacco was doing exactly what he was brought in to do.  

Win a game when called upon 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

LOL.  2 opposite  answers.  I hope he got benched.   He needed to slide there.   Got to keep him accountable. 

I am probably on Budweiser #15 by now after this big win so whatever I say just go with it Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV- It was Shane though that kept him out. AR's injury is like a week or 2 injury. 

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I said I would allow him to run out the year before being  critical of him. However, the injuries are really starting to worry me. Only 2 years in the league and he is losing valuable reps and he needs to be much better and learn to go down.

Just my "crazy" eyes of course, but AR does not look 6'5 255# to me, although I'm sure the combine measurements are correct.  Comparisons to Josh Allen physically just isn't there, IMO. 

And, he kinda looks too much like a rag doll when he gets tackled for how big he's supposed to be.  Very un-Allen-ish.  Even un-Levis-ish.  Lamar looks more athletic and in control of himself when he gets tackled, and he's fairly small.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Just my "crazy" eyes of course, but AR does not look 6'5 255# to me, although I'm sure the combine measurements are correct.  Comparisons to Josh Allen physically just isn't there, IMO. 

And, he kinda looks too much like a rag doll when he gets tackled for how big he's supposed to be.  Very un-Allen-ish.  Even un-Levis-ish.  Lamar looks more athletic and in control of himself when he gets tackled, and he's fairly small.

Levis has more muscle mass, AR is tall, so he is built different. AR looks 6'6 to me so he comes off looking less muscular if that makes sense.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen pretty much said if colts hadn’t had the 17/0 lead he would have kept playing. It’s not that serious 

Hope that is the case. We are going to win too many games to draft Manning.  lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen pretty much said if colts hadn’t had the 17/0 lead he would have kept playing. It’s not that serious 

If he’s not really hurt, then he needs to be in there for his development. They don’t hardly play him in preseason games, so when does he get experience?

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

If he’s not really hurt, then he needs to be in there for his development. They don’t hardly play him in preseason games, so when does he get experience?

It appears the Colts were fooled by his physical stature and ability to absorb hits. I know many of you and the coaches think his major value is running an RPO offense. But the coaches and Colts management have to be wondering if he’s the guy they think he is. All QBs get painful hits but this guy is either really unlucky or he is unable to play with the pain that goes along with the job.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, azcolt said:

It appears the Colts were fooled by his physical stature and ability to absorb hits. I know many of you and the coaches think his major value is running an RPO offense. But the coaches and Colts management have to be wondering if he’s the guy they think he is. All QBs get painful hits but this guy is either really unlucky or he is unable to play with the pain that goes along with the job.

Totally agree, he has been unable to take a hit so far considering his physical gifts.

6 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Totally agree, he has been unable to take a hit so far considering his physical gifts.

He’s taken quite a few big hits this year.  The issue is getting him to NOT take quite a few big hits.  On the play he got hurt, pretty much every other QB would have gotten down before contact.  And I don’t believe any of them would have been able to take that same direct hit to the hip.  

10 hours ago, DougDew said:

Anthony’s size/athleticism combo is a double-edged sword.  It brings some very uncommon and major benefits.  But it also clearly contributes to him sustaining injuries.

Lamar Jackson’s smaller size probably means he’s less likely to sustain a bone bruise when he lands like AR did.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, azcolt said:

Now I can somewhat agree to that. 

7 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Anthony’s size/athleticism combo is a double-edged sword.  It brings some very uncommon and major benefits.  But it also clearly contributes to him sustaining injuries.

Lamar Jackson’s smaller size probably means he’s less likely to sustain a bone bruise when he lands like AR did.

One of the concerns with AR is that the injury causing collisions don't look all that viscous.  At the point he got hurt in the Pitt game, he should have been sliding, but landing on a hip should not cause a bone bruise....unless AR has just been very unlucky in seemingly always taking the perfect shot with such high frequency.  There are a lot of NFL players his size or bigger that hit the turf all of the time.  And again, most have some sort of ability to fall correctly, while it looks like AR just gets whipped and tossed somehow.

6 minutes ago, Breeze said:

He’s taken quite a few big hits this year.  The issue is getting him to NOT take quite a few big hits.  On the play he got hurt, pretty much every other QB would have gotten down before contact.  And I don’t believe any of them would have been able to take that same direct hit to the hip.  

I don't think he took a direct hit to the hip from a player.  It looks like he was being tackled and then flopped around  and landed on his opposite hip.  It was the turf that gave the direct hit.  But I haven't looked that closely at the replay.

8 hours ago, azcolt said:

Big doesn't mean tough.  And I don't mean attitude or willingness, I mean body parts or pain severity.  Again, he only played 13 college games and that kind of stuff hasn't really been fleshed out yet.

37 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't think he took a direct hit to the hip from a player.  It looks like he was being tackled and then flopped around  and landed on his opposite hip.  It was the turf that gave the direct hit.  But I haven't looked that closely at the replay.

It was a direct shot.  People need to realize there’s a big difference in taking a hit while stationary or moving away from contact vs running full speed into a hit.  There’s simple physics equations to explain the difference in impact force.  The kid needs to get down…every time.  He’s not made of glass… nobody can take those kinds of hits.  You see RB’s leaving games all the time.  AR needs to quit being a running back, and instead be a smart runner as a quarterback. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Breeze said:

It was a direct shot.  People need to realize there’s a big difference in taking a hit while stationary or moving away from contact vs running full speed into a hit.  There’s simple physics equations to explain the difference in impact force.  The kid needs to get down…every time.  He’s not made of glass… nobody can take those kinds of hits.  You see RB’s leaving games all the time.  AR needs to quit being a running back, and instead be a smart runner as a quarterback. 

Direct shot is misleading.  AR may have struck a player's elbow before he hit the turf.  Direct shot, to me, implies a defender crashed into him at speed causing impact by two bodies moving in the opposite direction, like how other runners typically get tackled.  It was less than a typical hit taken by a runner, IMO. 

9 hours ago, azcolt said:

I don't think anyone was fooled.  I know most of the board midwest so they may or may not watch much SEC football but I've seen every UF game for a long time now and AR has always been injury prone.  And not the injury prone like most think from a big fast QB.  He has had a lot of soft tissue injuries.  They didn't run read options for him at UF much if at all.  All his long highlight runs were passes and he took off due to pressure.  Like someone said earlier he's a "soft" athlete who injures more than most.  That is one of the reasons he's played so few college snaps. 

Hopefully as he gets older and plays more his body becomes more durable.  For now this is what he is.

2 minutes ago, tikyle said:

I've seen every UF game for a long time now .  They didn't run read options for him at UF much if at all.  All his long highlight runs were passes and he took off due to pressure.

Interesting if true, that some seem to object with "Shane trying to turn him into a pocket passer"  It seems Shane maybe doesn't want to turn AR into the running RPO guy that he's never been.

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Direct shot is misleading.  AR may have struck a player's elbow before he hit the turf.  Direct shot, to me, implies a defender crashed into him at speed causing impact by two bodies moving in the opposite direction, like how other runners typically get tackled.  It was less than a typical hit taken by a runner, IMO. 

Looks like AR had angular momentum as well, meaning additional force.  The direct shot happens as Fitzpatrick lowers his shoulder and you see AR’s head ‘rattle’ before he lands on the ground.  Regardless, AR should’ve hit the ground into open space at about the 35 yard line, like pretty much all QB’s do.  Tua didn’t do that, and RG3 never did…as examples of what not to do.  

5 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Looks like AR had angular momentum as well, meaning additional force.  The direct shot happens as Fitzpatrick lowers his shoulder and you see AR’s head ‘rattle’ before he lands on the ground.  Regardless, AR should’ve hit the ground into open space at about the 35 yard line, like pretty much all QB’s do.  Tua didn’t do that, and RG3 never did…as examples of what not to do.  

He is a bit too tall and doesn't get down naturally fast enough. It was the same issue with Austin Collie as a tall WR, while Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison were shorter and got down faster. Mahomes does, Lamar Jackson doesn't but Lamar is faster and more elusive to change contact points. Cam Newton is who AR compares too and Cam took a lot of head shots too because he wanted to weaponize his running which he did but you can do that only so much and won't last a decade at a high level doing that without passing proficiency and using your elusiveness more to evade rushers in the pocket than to take off and run, IMO.

It was the case with Andrew Luck too. For all the smarts, he had too much bravado for his own good at times taking unnecessary hits while trying to prolong plays, like Big Ben. 

26 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Interesting if true, that some seem to object with "Shane trying to turn him into a pocket passer"  It seems Shane maybe doesn't want to turn AR into the running RPO guy that he's never been.

Also, lets not forget that you can run an RPO offense without the QB running at all.  The read-option and RPO look the same at the beginning of the play but the concepts are totally different.