Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time to get Adonai more involved

danlhart87

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Anthony just needs to get acclimated to AD’s speed. Once they gel more during the season look out.

1st Mitchell has to run the right route, 2nd AR needs better pass pro, then he has to has to anticipate better.

Manning was still throwing flutter balls and int's through year 5, and Luck couldn't lead a receiver (okay pokey Doyle) his 1st 3 years.

At 19 throws a game AR could take 2-3 years to throw like Josh Allen Jr., if ever of course.

Watching JT Sullivan's breakdown showed Mitchell open deep many times.

Sullivan was laughing hysterically at numerous great positives that we put on tape.

Mitchell was doing in college what Pierce did Sunday, and Mitch did also on Sunday. AR missed it because Fries and Smith were getting knocked back so quick.

It was hilarious listening to Sullivan. Especially the Pierce bomb in cover 2 when it was 2 middle fingers because AR is going to (did) out throw the deep coverage. UNICORN stuff. Mitchell being faster than Pierce... oh it's coming.

We will be putting up 50... one day soon.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

So that huge missing the end zone was Mitchell‘s fault. Seriously it was a simple pitch and catch. But it was emailed that’s on Richardson.

Or AR didn't plan to pump fake it but to throw it, but Mitchell changed his assignment so AR's quick reload and quick throw was a miss. It's okay, Pittman ran some lame routes today in year 5.

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

They tried him and Richardson don’t have their timing down yet.  It’ll come.

I'm surprised  about that considering  Mitchell  is one of our best route runners. Wonder how he clicked with Downs so fast

6 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Downs is undoubtedly the best route runner we have , AD might be second. 

He knew how to sit in zones in the lanes of the QB vision, fast. AR, in his combine, had weaknesses shown in sideline throw accuracies, for placement and timing, I felt.

However, his underneath throws in the middle of the field seemed better than the sideline throws. It was witnessed last year with Downs and Ogletree. 

Pre-season pick last year, sideline throw. Pre-season pick this year, outside the numbers towards the sidelines too. There are clearly selective areas he struggles with. One thing is for sure - bad things happen when he goes to Granson more often than not :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, krunk said:

The Texans didn't have a soul out there that could cover that man one on one for real. He would smoke all them. Stingley included!

Yeah, his short area separation burst, folks compared it pre-draft to CeeDee Lamb and I can definitely see that. I just hope Reggie or HC makes AR work with all wideouts on timing, comebacks etc. giving specific areas of WR (numbers, left shoulder, right shoulder, helmet level, knee level etc.) to improve chemistry, accuracy and timing after every practice. Getting WRs to know down and distance so that they don't run 9 yards on a 4th and 2 etc. - I am not sure if it is on the WR coach or HC, but I would think it falls on Reggie too.

58 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He knew how to sit in zones in the lanes of the QB vision, fast. AR, in his combine, had weaknesses shown in sideline throw accuracies, for placement and timing, I felt.

However, his underneath throws in the middle of the field seemed better than the sideline throws. It was witnessed last year with Downs and Ogletree. 

Pre-season pick last year, sideline throw. Pre-season pick this year, outside the numbers towards the sidelines too. There are clearly selective areas he struggles with. One thing is for sure - bad things happen when he goes to Granson more often than not :) 

Thats exactly what Lamar Jackson struggles with. Defenses learned to take away the middle of field and funnel everything outside. Hopefully AR gets better with it   

10 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Or AR didn't plan to pump fake it but to throw it, but Mitchell changed his assignment so AR's quick reload and quick throw was a miss. It's okay, Pittman ran some lame routes today in year 5.

Pay close attention to the play and we see AD look at the coverage and signal with his hands to AR. The corner was off with no safety help. AD is pretty much telling AR via the hand signal "we got us one". "I'm changing the route to a double move and going for 6". I think it was a bit of a miscommunication somewhere in there. Not sure if AR saw the hand signal.

On 9/11/2024 at 1:21 AM, Stephen said:

I'm surprised  about that considering  Mitchell  is one of our best route runners. Wonder how he clicked with Downs so fast

Last year Downs and AR were often working together in the off hours, including being spotted by local reporters in a hotel parking lot one evening tossing the ball. Not sure if AR and Mitchell did that this year or not.