Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Texans post game reaction

GoColts8818

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Collins made a great 4th quarter catch against excellent coverage by Jones to clinch the game.

Great accurate pass in a critical situation, perfect placement.  It's why accuracy to the boundary is important.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Weird things always happen in week one. Hopefully this isn’t the test of the season. But it’s frustrating that colts can’t seem to figure things out and contend.

75% passing 

Only 234 yards on 32 attempts.  That’s success for the Colts.  Richardson 200 yards on 19 attempts.  Three big plays was it for him.  

12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Nope but just goes to show, Ballard does not draft well on defence.

That's nonsense.   Draft position has a huge factor on drafting defensive players.   Pretty sure he drafted a DROY and a 3 time first team all pro.  Your bias is showing.   

• Like 1

Just now, jvan1973 said:

That's nonsense.   Draft position has a huge factor on drafting defensive players.   Pretty sure he drafted a DROY and a 3 time first team all pro.  Your bias is showing.   

One player and it was a line backer. When Leonard was hurt, the defence didn't take a decline. In fact, I think they improved statistically.  Keep going and name some other gems he had drafted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

One player and it was a line backer. When Leonard was hurt, the defence didn't take a decline. In fact, I think they improved statistically.  Keep going and name some other gems he had drafted.

This defense has not had nearly the same amount of crucial turnovers since Leonard got injured and then let go. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

A gms job is to aquire talent.  It doesn't matter how that talent is acquired. He drafted Juju and Grover. If you watched the game today you saw Latu get doubled a bunch.  Those are good picks.   Kenny Moore is a damn good player who Belichick let go.   Xavier Rhodes was a very good player.  Nick Cross balled out today.   Your hatred of Ballard is silly.   Don't be here celebrating when we win the division this year or next

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

A gms job is to aquire talent.  It doesn't matter how that talent is acquired. He drafted Juju and Grover. If you watched the game today you saw Latu get doubled a bunch.  Those are good picks.   Kenny Moore is a damn good player who Belichick let go.   Xavier Rhodes was a very good player.  Nick Cross balled out today.   Your hatred of Ballard is silly.   Don't be here celebrating when we win the division this year or next

I don't hate Ballard. If one criticizes him, one is considered hateful. I find him an average GM and below average constructor and drafter of talent on D. If u can show me other wise, please do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I don't hate Ballard. If one criticizes him, one is considered hateful. I find him an average GM and below average constructor and drafter of talent on D. If u can show me other wise, please do. 

I guess this season will tell the tale

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

This defense has not had nearly the same amount of crucial turnovers since Leonard got injured and then let go. 

Agreed but he had his own deficiencies. Look at the last years with and/or without Loeanrd. I would argue that the line in terms of where they rank as a defence is pretty consistent. That would be below average.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colts89 said:

If he has 17 games just like this then he would have throw 34 TDs and ran for 17 TDs as the youngest QB in the NFL.

that is what excites me about richardson ...   He has a a lot of work to do with his mid range pocket passing accuracy but he scores a lot of touchdowns .   he played in 4 games last year but only played a quarter against the texans and titans .  So he only really played 2 and a half games last year , and 1 game this year .  After only 3 and a half games in his nfl career he has 10 total touchdowns which is absurd .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would say Grover, Paye, Dayo, Lewis, Latu, Franklin, Speed, Brents, Jones, Cross, and Blackmon are very good to great players. That's not even considering the number of defensive players Ballard has drafted that are currently starring on other teams. Ballards drafting has been outstanding. If you want to see horrendous drafting go back and review Polian's last 6 years here and the great Grigson.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I guess this season will tell the tale

Absolutely.  I expect the offense to get better as the season wears on. I really don't expect much from the defence. I do not expect play offs snd never did. I actually picked Jags to win division and the Colts 3rd

7 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Didn’t have AR having more passing than some of these guys week 1 rust is real.

Williams 93 yards 14/29 0 td 0 int

Brissett 121 yards 15/24 0 td 0 int

Levis 127 yards 19/32 1 td 2 int

Nix 138 yards 26/42 0 td 2 int

Herbert 144 yards 17/26 0 td 0 int

Cousins 155 yards 16/26 1 td 2 int

Fields 156 yards 17/23 0 td 0 int

Young 161 yards 13/30 0td 2 int

Lawrence 162 yards 12/21 1 td 0 int

Murray 162 yards 21/31 1 td 0 int

Burrow 164 yards 21/29 0 td 0 int

Watson 169 yards 24/45 1 td 2 int

Smith 171 yards 18/25 1 td 1 int

Prescott 179 yards 19/32 1 td 0 int

Daniels 184 yards 17/24 0 td 0 int

Jones 186 yards 22/42 0 td 1 in

I don’t think the offense lost this game. He did enough to win with the big plays. If granson doesn’t fall we might of won the game.

if we see these same issues on defense against Willis then we have problems.

8 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Didn’t have AR having more passing than some of these guys week 1 rust is real.

Williams 93 yards 14/29 0 td 0 int

Brissett 121 yards 15/24 0 td 0 int

Levis 127 yards 19/32 1 td 2 int

Nix 138 yards 26/42 0 td 2 int

Herbert 144 yards 17/26 0 td 0 int

Cousins 155 yards 16/26 1 td 2 int

Fields 156 yards 17/23 0 td 0 int

Young 161 yards 13/30 0td 2 int

Lawrence 162 yards 12/21 1 td 0 int

Murray 162 yards 21/31 1 td 0 int

Burrow 164 yards 21/29 0 td 0 int

Watson 169 yards 24/45 1 td 2 int

Smith 171 yards 18/25 1 td 1 int

Prescott 179 yards 19/32 1 td 0 int

Daniels 184 yards 17/24 0 td 0 int

Jones 186 yards 22/42 0 td 1 in

Young was bad from play one. First throw of the game was an interception.

Jones and Watson share a tie for most overpaid while underperforming. 

I was never able to really see what Daniel Jones did so well to warrant that kind of money. 

Yeah. I think Brady is quite correct in that overall QB play is getting worse across the league. 

I hate to rehash it again but AD was wide open each time AR threw to him and each throw was a bad clunker. Man I prepared myself for his throws but those agitated me for sure. Be glad when we can get better results.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DavePSL said:

Until we get AR a decent TE, the offense will continue to be inconsistent. AR has no check down or safety valve and when he does throw to our TE's, bad things happen. They are not even average. ...............AR needs to quit trusting them or the turnovers will continue. Also dont like SS being so aggressive. Defer the kick and punt when it's 4th down on the first drive on your side of the feild. We're not good enough yet to take those chances. We mssied Downs today because he is the closest thing we have to a security blanket for AR for easy throws to keep the chains movin. Defense was just ridiculous on many levels. BTW, Pittman looked like the 4th best wr on the team today. Pass rush just like last year, getting lots of sacks but NOT when it counts to end a game or get the ball back in crunch time...What concerns me the most is the Colts got punched in the mouth today and they know it and didn't respond. Supposedly, that's what Ballard prides his players on in the trenches and the trenches cost them the game today.

I believe of the 19 pass attempts AR had today only 2 of those were attempted to the TE group… that says something to me for sure. You’d expect that to be higher. 

Just now, krunk said:

I hate to rehash it again but AD was wide open each time AR threw to him and each throw was a bad clunker. Man I prepared myself for his throws but those agitated me for sure. Be glad when we can get better results.

It should encourage us.  AD will get open.   He and AR will get it figured out

• Like 2

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Mitchell studder stepped on the first one. The good news is Mitchell was open. Once they get that chemistry it will hit.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

It was really encouraging hearing how Mitchell kept getting open. AR and AD need reps to get chemistry and timing down.

You can’t keep drafting lb’s in the 6&7 round and expect them to be a difference maker. 2019 &18 where the last years the colts used a high pick on a lb and one was Leonard. This is the most neglected position on the team, no wonder the colts can’t stop the run. All higher picks don’t work out, but that’s usually where you can get a real impact player.

Just now, husker61 said:

You can’t keep drafting lb’s in the 6&7 round and expect them to be a difference maker. 2019 &18 where the last years the colts used a high pick on a lb and one was Leonard. This is the most neglected position on the team, no wonder the colts can’t stop the run. All higher picks don’t work out, but that’s usually where you can get a real impact player.

Yep. I wonder if there’s anyone in free that they can bring in to compete? We could use linebacker  and corner Help.