Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Select Laiatu Latu Edge UCLA

CR91

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No honestly don’t. More just wondering out loud why you’d make a post saying you’re leaving yet… here you are.

seems sensationalist to me

I mean he made a post to tell people he was leaving.  There is no reason to do that unless you are being sensational and wanting attention.  If you want to leave just leave.  That’s what most people do.  Oh well.  He doesn’t like Ballard nothing wrong with that but the twisting to make sure you can hate on him that’s been done is a little over the top for me.  

I’ll admit Ballard has made lots of mistakes and I can understand why some are tired of him.  I just find it hard for people to be mad at him tonight, he got the top defensive player on their board at 15, gave up nothing to do it, and got maybe the second hardest position to find in football to boot.  On draft night that’s a home run in terms of value at 15.  

Will Latu work out on the field?  Time will tell.  No one can answer that tonight so calling him a bust or proclaiming him a great player tonight is pointless and impossible to prove.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Very interesting that all we had was an informal conversation at the combine. Can’t wait to hear the scout who championed him. 

It was reported he works out with Paye and others on the Colts dline.  They probably didn’t need to meet with him and frankly probably didn’t think there was a chance he would be there at 15.

• Like 1

Hey All,

I'm a writer/producer for a station out in LA. We just did a feature on your newest Colts, Laiatu Latu. Link is below for anyone interested. He is a great kid, good head on his shoulders, in addition to being a stud on the field. You guys got a good one.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard did mention YAC 

There will probably be at least one more WR. Whoever bills take.

They sent a few folks to his pro day, including Jim Bob.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No honestly don’t. More just wondering out loud why you’d make a post saying you’re leaving yet… here you are.

seems sensationalist to me

I’ll stick around to see Ballard fired then toot my own horn I guess. He’s finally went big or go home with the last two picks. We shall see how they turn out but I have 0 Trust in his process over the years. I usually make one trip to Indy and one to Nashville since it’s close but I’ll save my 3k this year. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I mean he made a post to tell people he was leaving.  There is no reason to do that unless you are being sensational and wanting attention.  If you want to leave just leave.  That’s what most people do.  Oh well.  He doesn’t like Ballard nothing wrong with that but the twisting to make sure you can hate on him that’s been done is a little over the top for me.  

I’ll admit Ballard has made lots of mistakes and I can understand why some are tired of him.  I just find it hard for people to be mad at him tonight, he got the top defensive player on their board at 15, gave up nothing to do it, and got maybe the second hardest position to find in football to boot.  On draft night that’s a home run in terms of value at 15.  

Will Latu work out on the field?  Time will tell.  No one can answer that tonight so calling him a bust or proclaiming him a great player tonight is pointless and impossible to prove.  

He let the Chiefs get worthy. That's  going to be a problem  for the league

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

He let the Chiefs get worthy. That's  going to be a problem  for the league

Unless he was going to way over draft Worthy there wasn’t much he could do about that.  He’s not the GM who traded with KC to let them get Worthy either.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If we don’t trade up tomorrow I wonder how fast these other WR will go.

Well you have to remember the draft order will be pretty much the same. A lot of these teams in front of us already took a WR in Rd 1 so there probably won't be as big a run on WR before our pick. I'm hoping we can get Legette.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Panthers just treaded to 32 lol. What are bills doing.

Wow 

Bills moved back one spot.  Probably have two WRs on the board they like so move back one spot and get another pick.

13 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Or maybe you just have unrealistic expectations? 

He is entering his 4th year. He has gotten better every year. He should continue to get better.

A guy who put up 16.5 sacks last year, Trey Hendrickson, had only 6.5 sacks over his first 3 seasons combined. Kwity has 3 times that many. Hes been very good. 

People have to stop expecting guys to make the HOF in their early 20s. 

maybe I do, idk.  But we can agree Paye is not on Trey Hendrickson and we had an opportunity to possibly upgrade at one of the most important positions in our scheme.  

I’m not saying Paye is bad.  I said he’s serviceable.  But for someone like Ebukam to come in and do what he did in one year let me know we could use an upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now that the Jags drafted Thomas I think we are the prime team to trade for Aiyuk tomorrow.  The receivers left won’t make a big impact for the Colts as a rookie this year.  Trading for Aiyuk would supplant Pierce as our starter.  

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So will SF now get Deebo or Aiyuk traded.

I think we are trading for Aiyuk tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Yup scratch Legette off the list

Lots of good corners and a few good WRs still there and that’s not including linebackers and safeties.  Colts should be in position to get another good player to fill a need tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Now that the Jags drafted Thomas I think we are the prime team to trade for Aiyuk tomorrow.  The receivers left won’t make a big impact for the Colts as a rookie this year.  Trading for Aiyuk would supplant Pierce as our starter.  

I think we are trading for Aiyuk tomorrow.

Too expensive 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Lol no way that happens. We’re not paying another Wr 25mil. The Wrs are gone. This will be a defense and oline draft.