Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

1 hour ago, Dobbinblitz said:

This guy is missing players. For example , Payton Wilson is expected to be a 2nd rounder and is not to be found in the 100.. 

Haven't delved back through the list too much, quick scan, but my guess is he didn't forget him, just he doesn't think he will/would be on our board.

Whether that's a good take or not is a different story.

I like Wilson as well, but this person doesn't to seem to think he will be on the big board at all. I just appreciate someone putting together a projected big board for the whole draft out there to look at. 

He could've forgot him? Idk, at the end of the day at least it's something to look at analyze and be able to make a comment about who else should be on the list, if they were forgotten or left off intentionally. And what those reasons could be for if so.

I would love Cooper or Wilson personally, I think coverage LB is probably the biggest current need. So wouldn't be upset it that is a 2nd or 3rd round pick, or even one of those 4th or 5th round guys.

I like the LBers this guy has in the 4-5 round tier.

EDIT: it's not his top 152 prospects, just how he thinks the Colts board looks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

I am fired up to sit down and watch the draft with my son this week! (I realize this doesn’t add much to the discussion but it seems there is a lot of excitement and anticipation this year.) 

Enjoy. Hope my boy wants to do that in the near future. I’ve watched the draft alone since I was a kid… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Enjoy. Hope my boy wants to do that in the near future. I’ve watched the draft alone since I was a kid… 

My kid watches it, but it’s hard to enjoy it with him. He wants to be on discord with all his friends that scream and act like *s the entire time instead of just watching the damn thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShuteAt168 said:

I am fired up to sit down and watch the draft with my son this week! (I realize this doesn’t add much to the discussion but it seems there is a lot of excitement and anticipation this year.) 

I simply hope we don’t do something in the first round that makes us all scratch our collective head…you know, delayed gratification.

34 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

That would be Taliese Fuaga.

Fuaga will likely be gone before the Colts pick.  But if he’s there at 15, I’d be very happy to take him. 

Fuaga and Mitchell, the CB, are my two favorite players this year.   They’re my exception to the rule players.  I don’t expect either to be available when the draft reaches 15.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Fuaga will likely be gone before the Colts pick.  But if he’s there at 15, I’d be very happy to take him. 

Fuaga and Mitchell, the CB, are my two favorite players this year.   They’re my exception to the rule players.  I don’t expect either to be available when the draft reaches 15.  

I like both also. Fuaga is probably the best run-blocker in the class, and Mitchell is just a perfect scheme-fit for Gus Bradley and this defense. I feel Fuaga may go to the Jets at 10 (don't buy the Bowers talk unless Fuaga is gone before 10), and Mitchell could go to the Raiders at 13. Those are the major landmine for both IMO. Another one for Fuaga is if the Chargers trade down. 

Would love to get Mitchell. I could see Cooper DeJean as a wildcard pick at 15. I would love to do a trade down and get him with the Rams at 19 if they wanted to move up for an OT or an EDGE. Pick up either a 3rd or 4th and move down 4 spots. 

• Like 2

Shaping up to be an eventful 1at round.

Broncos currently have the 12th pick

Tony Pauline reportedDenver is open to floating cornerback Patrick Surtain II as a deal-sweetener, on top of, in all likelihood, at least two first-rounders — if that's what it takes to get The Guy™

‘I would just say if it’s a player that you think can change the landscape of your organization moving forward, like quarterback, then you do whatever it takes to get him," Paton said on Thursday during Denver's pre-draft press conference. "If there’s consensus in the building, a love in the building, you’re aggressive and you try to get him. It doesn’t mean you’re going to get him, but you try. So we’re open to everything. We’re wide open.”

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how the first round plays out.   The more gbs picked the better.   If I had dream pick at 15 it would be Dallas Turner.  I'm not confident he will be there.   The more qbs picked the better

Just now, jvan1973 said:

It will be interesting to see how the first round plays out.   The more gbs picked the better.   If I had dream pick at 15 it would be Dallas Turner.  I'm not confident he will be there.   The more qbs picked the better

Ballard said the same thing on Rich Eisen’s show. We need some desperate teams to make desperate moves. Definitely think Giants, Broncos and Vikings are teams to watch. 

• Like 1

I wonder how far Ballard trades back and what he might get..... Based on his comment of 19-21 First round talents and  having a deep draft it seems like he will be looking to slide to round 2 and stockpile selections....I cant see him trading "big boy" assets to move up it would smack against his were good enough as is mentality he has espoused by signing his own.......I will be disappointed if he does, but just trying to read the tea leafs.....

2 minutes ago, Crunked said:

I wonder how far Ballard trades back and what he might get..... Based on his comment of 19-21 First round talents and  having a deep draft it seems like he will be looking to slide to round 2 and stockpile selections....I cant see him trading "big boy" assets to move up it would smack against his were good enough as is mentality he has espoused by signing his own.......I will be disappointed if he does, but just trying to read the tea leafs.....

Zero chance he trades up in the first round.  If a guy he really likes is there at 15 he will make a move.   I think he trades back for more picks 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Zero chance he trades up in the first round.  If a guy he really likes is there at 15 he will make a move.   I think he trades back for more picks 

I guess I need to clarify, I said I dont see him trading up....and at the end I said I would be disappointed if he does ( was directed at trading BACK) sorry that wasn't super clear....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crunked said:

Based on his comment of 19-21 First round talents and  having a deep draft it seems like he will be looking to slide to round 2 and stockpile selections....

He won’t trade out of the first round. If he trades back, the first pick will still be high enough to get a first round talent. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Ballard said the same thing on Rich Eisen’s show. We need some desperate teams to make desperate moves. Definitely think Giants, Broncos and Vikings are teams to watch. 

The more players who play positions the Colts care less about (like QB) who get picked before Indy’s turn at 15, the better.  

Then the players the Colts do care about slide down to the us.   So if somehow 5 QBs get taken up high, that’s great!   We know 3 WRs will get taken.  A handful of tackles.  Maybe Bowers, maybe a corner or two.    Suddenly, the Colts are in the clock with lots of good choices!   

If Ballard trades back, it’s hard to see him moving lower than 19-20-ish.  He’s telegraphed the first round more than any other.    

FWIW:  the teams after the Colts:

16. Seat

17. JVille

18. Cin

19. Rams

20. Pitt

21.  Mia

22.  Phi

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The more players who play positions the Colts care less about (like QB) who get picked before Indy’s turn at 15, the better.  

Then the players the Colts do care about slide down to the us.   So if somehow 5 QBs get taken up high, that’s great!   We know 3 WRs will get taken.  A handful of tackles.  Maybe Bowers, maybe a corner or two.    Suddenly, the Colts are in the clock with lots of good choices!   

If Ballard trades back, it’s hard to see him moving lower than 19-20-ish.  He’s telegraphed the first round more than any other.    

16. Seat

17. JVille

18. Cin

19. Rams

20. Pitt

21.  Mia

22.  Phi

Philadelphia, Miami and Pittsburgh seem like the trade partners that make the most sense to me. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Philadelphia, Miami and Pittsburgh seem like the trade partners that make the most sense to me. 

Can probably add the Rams. They might be motivated to move up to draft a QB. Next years QB class is weak and  Stafford is 36.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

16. Seat

17. JVille

18. Cin

19. Rams

20. Pitt

21.  Mia

22.  Phi

Hard to see 5 QB's going before P 15. 4 yes but IMO 5 is highly unlikely. So I'm thinking there aren't going to be "desperate " teams making moves that enable a great player falling to P 15. The more realistic hope is that a couple teams really are enamored with an OT and the highest rated CB or 2 drops from 12-13 to 15. Bowers is a possibility but I think for Turner or one of the top 3 Wrs falling to 15 is a pipe dream . It will take a trade to around P 8 to get Turner or one of those WRs.

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

Hard to see 5 QB's going before P 15. 4 yes but IMO 5 is highly unlikely. So I'm thinking there aren't going to be "desperate " teams making moves that enable a great player falling to P 15. The more realistic hope is that a couple teams really are enamored with an OT and the highest rated CB or 2 drops from 12-13 to 15. Bowers is a possibility but I think for Turner or one of the top 3 Wrs falling to 15 is a pipe dream . It will take a trade to around P 8 to get Turner or one of those WRs.

We need to draft worthy. He is the next tyreek Hill. His speed truly jumps off the tape especially  after watching  adonai  Mitchell  beforehand.  Mitchell  is a more polished  route runner, but his top end speed doesn't  compare. Plus worthy is better at yards after the catch. Pair him with Richardson  arm and continue to improve his  route running  and it will be like manning to Harrison. 

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

I do think 5 QBs is unlikely,  but not impossible.   I think 4 is a lock.  Then, if one team lives Penix or Nix, there’s your 5th.   

So 4 QBs…. 4 OT’s….   3 WRs…. 1 TE….  2 DEs….     There’s 14, and the Colts are on the Clock with pick 15.  

Do the Colts stay and pick, or do they trade down a little?   Perhaps 6-7 picks?   

Thursday is going to be fun!   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I do think 5 QBs is unlikely,  but not impossible.   I think 4 is a lock.  Then, if one team lives Penix or Nix, there’s your 5th.   

So 4 QBs…. 4 OT’s….   3 WRs…. 1 TE….  2 DEs….     There’s 14, and the Colts are on the Clock with pick 15.  

Do the Colts stay and pick, or do they trade down a little?   Perhaps 6-7 picks?   

Thursday is going to be fun!   

Broncos like Bo Nix a lot, and the Raiders like Penix. There's a decent chance one of them bites and takes a QB at 12 or 13. Especially the Broncos, who don't have a 2nd round pick. So their options are a lot more limited. I hear the Broncos are trying to trade up for McCarthy, but that's going to be near impossible to do without giving up Surtain, and they have to beat the Vikings. So that can work to our advantage if they can't do it and just decide to take Nix at 12. 

I'm going to guess one of the Broncos or Raiders take a QB at 12 or 13 and five QBs go before us at 15.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Broncos like Bo Nix a lot, and the Raiders like Penix. There's a decent chance one of them bites and takes a QB at 12 or 13. Especially the Broncos, who don't have a 2nd round pick. So their options are a lot more limited. I hear the Broncos are trying to trade up for McCarthy, but that's going to be near impossible to do without giving up Surtain, and they have to beat the Vikings. So that can work to our advantage if they can't do it and just decide to take Nix at 12. 

I'm going to guess one of the Broncos or Raiders take a QB at 12 or 13 and five QBs go before us at 15.

From your lips to Gods ears.   I hope something like that happens.   

NFL.com just had their final mock with Jeremiah and Brooks.  And they had Mitchell falling to the Colts and we take him.   I don’t even want the Colts to use a first on a corner, but if it’s Mitchell, I’ll be over the moon!  

Mitchell was voted the top corner of the Senior Bowl.  Then he tested thru the roof at the combine.  In 2.5 seasons at Toledo he has over 50 pass break ups!  That’s not a typo, over 50!    The only negative are his 31 inch arms.  But the exception is that’s what Gilmore has, 31 inches.  If you can play, you can play.   He screams Ballard pick!  

I’m worried some team will grab him early thinking he’s on the level of Sauce Gardner.  Sure hope not.  We will find out soon!  

:colts:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

From your lips to Gods ears.   I hope something like that happens.   

NFL.com just had their final mock with Jeremiah and Brooks.  And they had Mitchell falling to the Colts and we take him.   I don’t even want the Colts to use a first on a corner, but if it’s Mitchell, I’ll be over the moon!  

Mitchell was voted the top corner of the Senior Bowl.  Then he tested thru the roof at the combine.  In 2.5 seasons at Toledo he has over 50 pass break ups!  That’s not a typo, over 50!    The only negative are his 31 inch arms.  But the exception is that’s what Gilmore has, 31 inches.  If you can play, you can play.   He screams Ballard pick!  

I’m worried some team will grab him early thinking he’s on the level of Sauce Gardner.  Sure hope not.  We will find out soon!  

:colts:

It will be what it will  be but we better not draft another  quincy wilson. 

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

It will be what it will  be but we better not draft another  quincy wilson. 

Wilson was drafted for Pagano's system, I don't hold any defensive picks from the first draft against him.

Like I said, he was drafting for a coach he was forced to keep and drafted for a defensive system he didn't want to use. Then switched coach and systems the following year, when he was able to. Just is what it is, at least in my eyes.

EDIT: apologies not the place for this response.

Back to #15.

It's almost here, anticipation is building.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Yep, Ballard likes to buy in bulk. 😉

If 4 to 5 QB's are drafted before the Colts select at #15 as projected. the Colts should stay right where there are.  They will be able to draft a future All-Pro player if Ballard's assessments are correct. Especially, if the selection is at one of the anchor positions. There will be no reason to overthink it. Take a Day 1 starter -high potential impact player and move on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

If 4 to 5 QB's are drafted before the Colts select at #15 as projected. the Colts should stay right where there are.  They will be able to draft a future All-Pro player if Ballard's assessments are correct. Especially, if the selection is at one of the anchor positions. There will be no reason to overthink it. Take a Day 1 starter -high potential impact player and move on.

My new favorite strategy is to hold at 15 and then trade back in the 2nd round. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think it is very likely a trade is in place with the Bears for pick 9 if the player is there who the Colts want to move up for.  The Flus connection helps out 

For what it’s worth, a few NFL analysts have mocked us to move up to 9. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think it is very likely a trade is in place with the Bears for pick 9 if the player is there who the Colts want to move up for.  The Flus connection helps out 

" Bears insider Bill Zimmerman of Windy City Gridiron turned some heads with his first mock draft. In it, he stated that GM Ryan Poles would trade down from the 9th overall pick. The team coming up was the Indianapolis Colts, seeking to land another offensive playmaker for Anthony Richardson. In that case, it was Georgia tight end Brock Bowers, knowing the New York Jets were a favorable landing spot for him. Zimmerman never mentions these things by accident, so it was interesting"

Schrager said pretty much the same thing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

" Bears insider Bill Zimmerman of Windy City Gridiron turned some heads with his first mock draft. In it, he stated that GM Ryan Poles would trade down from the 9th overall pick. The team coming up was the Indianapolis Colts, seeking to land another offensive playmaker for Anthony Richardson. In that case, it was Georgia tight end Brock Bowers, knowing the New York Jets were a favorable landing spot for him. Zimmerman never mentions these things by accident, so it was interesting"

Schrager said pretty much the same thing.

That would be the trade up that I would expect, if any.   For the same reason mentioned, to get ahead of the Jets.

Our pick 15, 46, for CHI's pick 9 and their 2025 3rd rounder.  Or, 15, 82, pick 151 and our 2025 third rounder for their pick 9.

With AP, Downs, and Pitt, I don't see a trade up for a WR.  But with our F TE's being Mallory, and Granson on a contract year, getting a shiny new F TE on a 5 year rookie deal makes more sense, IMO.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

That would be the trade up that I would expect, if any.   For the same reason mentioned, to get ahead of the Jets.

Our pick 15 and 46 for CHI's pick 9 and their 2025 3rd rounder.  Or, our pick 82, pick 151 and our 2025 third rounder.

Chicago may be a willing trade partner. They only have 4 picks in this year's draft and no 2nd round pick.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Chicago may be a willing trade partner. They only have 4 picks in this year's draft and no 2nd round pick.

Us giving up a 3rd and a 5th, or a 2nd and getting CHIs 2025 3rd, is peanuts in terms of what we get back.  A generational (by pundit prediction) Move TE......whereas if we just stood at 15 we'd probably have to settle for a Corner, A FS, a somewhat redundant WR, or a non elite EDGE.

But if Bowers is that good, I would think CHI would want him to pair with Williams at QB.  OTOH, they could get a second tier WR at 15 and maybe another piece at 46, could be what they would be thinking.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Us giving up a 3rd and a 5th, or a 2nd and getting CHIs 2025 3rd, is peanuts in terms of what we get back.  A generational (by pundit prediction) Move TE......whereas if we just stood at 15 we'd probably have to settle for a Corner, A FS, a somewhat redundant WR, or a non elite EDGE.

But if Bowers is that good, I would think CHI would want him to pair with Williams at QB.  OTOH, they could get a second tier WR at 15 and maybe another piece at 46, could be what they would be thinking.

The best move Chicago could do is get an OT to protect their new asset I think. 

• Like 1