Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Evan Hull Replace Moss?

atapcl

I think both.

I really liked the look of Hull before he got injured last season, I think he takes a step up into that #2 role, or at least a timeshare with whoever #3 is until he is fully back up to speed if he isnt already.

And i think that doesnt stop us from drafting a RB in like the 4th or 5th and taking a swing on someone. Though i do hear that this is a bit of an iffy draft for RBs, so maybe we find one in FA still, but i think the aim here is for Hull to be RB2. 

Hull and Tyler Goodson will handle the 2/3 spot depending on down, distance and game flow.

A rookie will be brought in as well and should be ahead of Zavier Scott for the final spot should we elect to keep 4 backs. Could be Frank Gore Jr. so we may get a former Colts off spring just not the one most really want.

• Like 1

Hull is a different kind of RB than Moss.  Sermon was more in the Moss style.  

He was decent last season, I’d go with him again.  

But 2nd and 3rd tier RBs are a dime a dozen in the draft.  Moss was a 1a, I doubt we’re drafting a guy that good.  

45 minutes ago, Creekside said:

Having a very good #2 running back is going to be important...I question letting Moss get away because he is better than just another guy...But I understand the decision.

I'm sure we would of paid that amount to bring him back. At least for camp body 

We just couldn't give him a starting RB opportunity. We already have that.

47 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Hull is a different kind of RB than Moss.  Sermon was more in the Moss style.  

He was decent last season, I’d go with him again.  

But 2nd and 3rd tier RBs are a dime a dozen in the draft.  Moss was a 1a, I doubt we’re drafting a guy that good.  

I would be surprised if Sermon isn't brought back.

Never know what you might end up with in the draft, they could end up being better than JT. Probably not but just saying.

59 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Hull and Tyler Goodson will handle the 2/3 spot depending on down, distance and game flow.

A rookie will be brought in as well and should be ahead of Zavier Scott for the final spot should we elect to keep 4 backs. Could be Frank Gore Jr. so we may get a former Colts off spring just not the one most really want.

Frank Gore could be intriguing.

Not too worried about the RB position.

• Like 3

If there is a position that is replaceable, it is the #2 RB position. From UDFAs to mid season acquisitions to bench guys filling in, the #2 RB position is not a position I worry about unless they have fumble issues or serious pass protection issues. JT doesn't have a contract dispute to start this year and I expect him to hit the ground running as a full go when the season starts. I think we will be fine there.

Kenny Moore, I want back.

• Like 3

We should draft another RB to replace Moss. We need someone that can legit start if Taylor is injured. Which he's a rb in his second contract. It's definitely expected.

2 minutes ago, KB said:

We should draft another RB to replace Moss. We need someone that can legit start if Taylor is injured. Which he's a rb in his second contract. It's definitely expected.

Day 3 - Round 4, I like Ray Davis of Kentucky, Rounds 3 to 4 is when a run on RBs happens, IMO.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/ray-davis-kentucky-2024-nfl-draft-three-down-skill-set-running-backs

I would prefer Marshawn Lloyd of USC but he most likely goes in Round 3, IMO.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Day 3 - Round 4, I like Ray Davis of Kentucky, Rounds 3 to 4 is when a run on RBs happens, IMO.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/ray-davis-kentucky-2024-nfl-draft-three-down-skill-set-running-backs

I'd be ok with a day two pick. I'm expecting the normal wheeling and dealing and we end up with about 3 our 4 more picks. If it's just our amount of current picks then day 3 all the way.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I was just going to mention Davis...I'd love it if the Colts got him in the 4th round..

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Creekside said:

I was just going to mention Davis...I'd love it if the Colts got him in the 4th round..

Kinky!   (You’re probably too young to get the joke)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, krunk said:

I think Evan Hull is good. I like what I saw from him.

I liked him in the combine when he finished his drill all the way to the end zone when he didn't have to. Shows he's driven. I think he'll be an excellent backup to JT.