Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Hey in fairness to Chloe she had a dog she loved a lot and lost.  With respect to you Jskinnz I am sure you didn’t know what when you said this.  I know you meant no malice but as a pet lover losing one you love a lot can take a long time to recover from.

Bad on my part. Apologies. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 4:48 PM, RollerColt said:

lol you and AKB seem to be playing a game and you’re both winning. 

In all seriousness, I think Ballard isn’t making any “desperation” moves because he either doesn’t cave to being on the hot seat, and or Irsay has basically told him he has a few years to rebuild. 

In all seriousness, I agree

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I imagine he’ll talk about the goal of bringing Pittman, Stewart and Moore back, and he and Steichen will compliment the WR room and backfield and talk about being young but learning. To be truthful, I’m not expecting too much to be gained that we already don’t know, unless someone directly asks him about the Sneed stuff and so on. 

Even then he’s going to say something like you have conversations with teams all the time about players it doesn’t mean you are engaged in trade talks for all of them.

Id be much more interested if someone asks him if he feels they are set in the secondary or should we expect some moves?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Even then he’s going to say something like you have conversations with teams all the time about players it doesn’t mean you are engaged in trade talks for all of them.

Id be much more interested if someone asks him if he feels they are set in the secondary or should we expect some moves?

Listening to the local media podcast thiis last couple weeks I think the questions about secondary are coming. If not this week it will be asked in his pre draft presser. Boyd already said he has his questions ready because it’s not acceptable what he is doing right now.

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Boyd already said he has his questions ready because it’s not acceptable what he is doing right now.

Pretty sure irsay is the only one who can make that determination

• Like 3

7 hours ago, #12. said:

He does, but for whatever reason, no one uploads the video.

It appears there won't be much of anything new to talk about.

No one uploads the video?   Sorry, but it’s always uploaded.  But it only stays on the front of the website a few days to a week.   Then it gets archived. 

But even then, you can go on YouTube and look up Ballard’s combine presser conference.  They’re all there, as are all the year end news conferences ever January.   YouTube has tons of great Colts videos.   Check them out!   

15 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Any University of Georgia football fans here? The Vikes drafted former Georgia Bulldog safety Lewis Cine in the first round two years ago. He missed the first year with injury and did not play much last season. He is likely to be cut, as Camryn Bynum, Harrison Smith, Josh Metellus and maybe others are ahead of him on the depth chart.

Is he worth trading a 7th round pick for?

I'm a huge UGA fan.

Cine was a hechava player at his time in UGA and was instrumental in the Bulldogs winning their national championship. 

It's a shame he tore his ACL.

But if he's healthy he's as good as any FS coming out in the draft this year.

I'd love for the Colts to invite him to camp and let him compete

• Like 3

16 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Hey in fairness to Chloe she had a dog she loved a lot and lost.  With respect to you Jskinnz I am sure you didn’t know what when you said this.  I know you meant no malice but as a pet lover losing one you love a lot can take a long time to recover from.

I can understand the pain.

I had a chihuahua that I loved with all my heart who passed away last summer at the age of 11.

Me and the family were completely devastated. 

Someone once told me that "When a pet you love passes away you will have a hole in your heart forever"

I completely believe it as I'm still not over her passing 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

I'm a huge UGA fan.

Cine was a hechava player at his time in UGA and was instrumental in the Bulldogs winning their national championship. 

It's a shame he tore his ACL.

But if he's healthy he's as good as any FS coming out in the draft this year.

I'd love for the Colts to invite him to camp and let him compete

That is the kind of move I can see Ballard making. I hope that he can salvage his career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

https://nfltraderumors.co/top-eight-worst-value-contracts-in-free-agency/

Decent article on worst valued FA contracts this way.

Ridley's contract got a comparison to Pittman, not in a good way, at least for Ridley.

Lot of truths in this article 

So basically the new Titans GM could be doing something similar to what the previous GM did. 

On 3/23/2024 at 5:14 AM, indykmj said:

This may well be a stellar, well thought out post. But I stopped reading when I saw 

Okereke and Hall of Fame used in the same sentence,

Guys am just reliving Pat McAfee’s NFL Draft day and still being slighted by the orangutan but his vibrant calling Oke a future HOF.  I like Oke rather kept him tbh than Speed as our starter.  

Remember I said not to overpay Leonard.  Wasn’t worth it not a true MLB and coming off injury was high risk.  Rather saved the money and paid Oke instead.  Now neither is on the team. 

On 3/23/2024 at 6:30 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Props to you KMJ….   I had the exact same thought.    

And I’m a Stanford guy and I was very happy when the Colts drafted Oke.   But I never once thought of him as a HoF level player.   Oke is a very good player that every team would love to have.  But HoF?!?    Not for my money.   Otherwise, there were some good observations in the post. 

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

So basically the new Titans GM could be doing something similar to what the previous GM did. 

Spot on post of the month! lol ......the one good thing I can say about Ballard, he is not leaving a wake of bad contracts for the next GM to have to navigate......LOL       

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is the kind of move I can see Ballard making. I hope that he can salvage his career.

IDK? The Safety room is full of youth. Most experience back there is 2 years. (3) of them are 25 though, glad Cross is only 22 though.

We really need a couple vets.  Saying that their are still quite a few Safeties in the draft I like.

I think Ballard would be more inclined to salvage Daniel Scott's career after he suffered ACL in camp.

40 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Interesting read indeed. 

Forgot to mention the Hunt to Nelson comparison as well.

Thought it was interesting the talk about Miami system on the OL being one of the easier schemes, so when those players go to harder schemes it can show.

11 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I guess so?

It's like Carthon says the opposite of his actions.(said wasn't going to blow through money right away) They still have plenty of space though. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think Ballard would be more inclined to salvage Daniel Scott's career after he suffered ACL in camp.

I dont put much stock into Scott's spot on the defense, even if he does make the roster. He was projected as more of a special teams player last year before injury. That's all he would most likely provide to the team this year also. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shive said:

I missed the dog sharing, so here:

Our rottie Jax. He's 11ish (rescue) and acts like he's 5. Literally has never met a stranger and loves everyone he meets, but also has bad manners and everyone's personal space is his space.

vQPrYK4.jpeg

Old picture, but a favorite.

Chloe, who is a black lab mix (about 3 y/o, also a rescue). A whirlwind outside, but the absolute sweetest dog.

iRtzfR7.jpeg

She likes to find big sticks and smack him with them until he plays. He's twice her size for reference.

XLSjCG1.jpeg

Since Ballard thinks the FA period is for suckers , the most interesting part of this almost 130 page thread is our dogs. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, w87r said:

IDK? The Safety room is full of youth. Most experience back there is 2 years. (3) of them are 25 though, glad Cross is only 22 though.

We really need a couple vets.  Saying that their are still quite a few Safeties in the draft I like.

I meant that Ballard seems to like inexpensive moves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I meant that Ballard seems to like inexpensive moves.

But loves draft picks and his own guys, but never know, maybe he was high on Cline when he came out?

Maybe he would consider #151 for #157 + Cline?

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I just realized without Blackmon colts don’t have any playmakers that can cause interceptions on defense. We need more playmaking from the defense.

We don’t know that. Even the best vets were young rookies at one point. They had to develop. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

We don’t know that. Even the best vets were young rookies at one point. They had to develop. 

Yeah. While I think Sneads contract is crazy, the trade compensation wasn’t that bad. Basically a 3rd next year. A bit surprised but then again, not surprised 

1 hour ago, OhioColt said:

Guys am just reliving Pat McAfee’s NFL Draft day and still being slighted by the orangutan but his vibrant calling Oke a future HOF.  I like Oke rather kept him tbh than Speed as our starter.  

Remember I said not to overpay Leonard.  Wasn’t worth it not a true MLB and coming off injury was high risk.  Rather saved the money and paid Oke instead.  Now neither is on the team. 

Leonard wasn't coming off a major surgery when he signed his extention.  He was also All Pro after signing the extension 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did you make that just for us? 😊 Beautiful cat!

(Now I have Vigo, Vigo, Vigo ringing in my head. 😂)

@Solid84 has the voice of one of those voice actors that do movie trailers... "In a world ... where your GM sits on his hands while division rivals get better..." :D 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah. While I think Sneads contract is crazy, the trade compensation wasn’t that bad. Basically a 3rd next year. A bit surprised but then again, not surprised 

I never saw us getting Sneed. 

But that’s because I have this stupid narrative in my mind that Kansas didn’t want to give us a player that down the road could help beat them. For whatever reason we seem to play them well and beat them regardless how the rest of the season is going. Meanwhile the Titans aren’t viewed as a threat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

Since Ballard thinks the FA period is for suckers , the most interesting part of this almost 130 page thread is our dogs. 

Dogs > Sneed all day

• Like 4

2 hours ago, w87r said:

https://nfltraderumors.co/top-eight-worst-value-contracts-in-free-agency/

Decent article on worst valued FA contracts this year.

Ridley's contract got a comparison to Pittman, not in a good way, at least for Ridley.

Lot of truths in this article 

And it's Chris Ballard's mantra to never appear on this list.  Ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Did you make that just for us? 😊 Beautiful cat!

(Now I have Viggo, Viggo, Viggo ringing in my ear/head. 😂)

The video is a few weeks old. Heard Wiggle on the radio and made the connection to Viggo. 🤪

He’s my bestest boy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KB said:

I dont put much stock into Scott's spot on the defense, even if he does make the roster. He was projected as more of a special teams player last year before injury. That's all he would most likely provide to the team this year also. 

Is this the same thing you said when Jones was drafted? Ballard tends to hit on his lower round draft picks at times. Don't completely dismiss.

45 minutes ago, stitches said:

@Solid84 has the voice of one of those voice actors that do movie trailers... "In a world ... where your GM sits on his hands while division rivals get better..." :D 

This summer! One man has to fix the Colts! Can he do it? Or will he sit on his hands? Starring, Chris Ballard!”

• Like 1