Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Needs?

JediXMan

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

So basically we need an entirely new team?   And trade our best D player?

Please don’t apply for a job with the Colts.  

There are 53 spot on a roster last time I checked. The position I’ve listed are in fact team needs. Everyone in this thread has listed similar needs. So yes I will apply for a job with the Colts and get it 

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

I’m resigning Moore, Grover and Pitt. Maybe Moss. The rest can walk.

and we need to fire the kicker

Gay has the 2nd most misses of FG kicker this season and people are trying to look at you funny. He needs to go 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Gay has the 2nd most misses of FG kicker this season and people are trying to look at you funny. He needs to go 

For once today, we agree. Haha if he wasn’t the highest paid kicker, I could look past the misses, most of which happened over the last three weeks with a known hip injury. But with him being the highest paid, he needs to be making better than 75 percent of his kicks. He should be in the 90 percent range or higher

• Like 1

I much as Minshew did for this team I think you need to spend extra to pick up a good veteran back up QB. Hopefully someone who has some wheels. I love the idea of AR and his ability but until proven to stay healthy for a year you need a solid backup who can run the offense. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

For once today, we agree. Haha if he wasn’t the highest paid kicker, I could look past the misses, most of which happened over the last three weeks with a known hip injury. But with him being the highest paid, he needs to be making better than 75 percent of his kicks. He should be in the 90 percent range or higher

Yeah should be 90% and I pointed this. People kept saying it was the baby like he actually gave birth to it and not his wife. Being tired or whatever excuse people are trying to use isn’t cutting it lol 

Colts could move up to the 14th pick with a Saints, Bengals and Seahawks win. Well within striking range for a good player especially if a few drop. This team definitely needs a playmaker badly.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Secondary is the very first need.

Yep been saying it and getting called crazy for it. But I don’t trust Ballard to pick the right players 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Colts could move up to the 14th pick with a Saints, Bengals and Seahawks win. Well within striking range for a good player especially if a few drop. This team definitely needs a playmaker badly.

I didn’t realize we could jump up that much. That’s something we could be happy about.

I figured we’d be at 18th or 19th. That’s more than a 3rd round pick in value to move up 4-5 spots. 

29 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Yep been saying it and getting called crazy for it. But I don’t trust Ballard to pick the right players 

While we do need DB help, I think we need offensive weapons first and foremost. That said, if a stud shut down CB comes our way in round one, I wouldn’t be upset to take one. But I’d prefer a WR upgrade 

Just now, csmopar said:

While we do need DB help, I think we need offensive weapons first and foremost. That said, if a stud shut down CB comes our way in round one, I wouldn’t be upset to take one. But I’d prefer a WR upgrade 

These weapons are going to be much better with Richardson. It won’t hurt to add another one but the number one need is secondary. 

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

These weapons are going to be much better with Richardson. It won’t hurt to add another one but the number one need is secondary. 

Who beside Pittman catches the ball Consistently? Heck not even pitman is all that consistent 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, #12. said:

Nothing really matters until the QB position is settled, and sadly, it's far from settled.  

I honestly thought I was the only who felt this way. AR played 4 games, and there are people who are convinced he's the next Lamar Jackson. 

• Like 1

We need…

Another productive WR Pierce can’t be counted on. Downs will be a great shot player FA ix s better option it’s more costly but we need proven experience 

Man to Man CB we let Gilmore go and we never replaced him with proven talent. We drafted Brents and Jones but they have flaws. We let every team through under on us and we need to make that better

LB we need to upgrade Leonard’s former position. Can Ballard find another gem in the draft 

1 hour ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

I much as Minshew did for this team I think you need to spend extra to pick up a good veteran back up QB. Hopefully someone who has some wheels. I love the idea of AR and his ability but until proven to stay healthy for a year you need a solid backup who can run the offense. 

I would have liked a backup like Tyrod Taylor (slight bias since he's from where I live), but with knowing we'll have AR at the helm next season, it would make sense to bring in a backup that has a similar skillset.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

We need…

Another productive WR Pierce can’t be counted on. Downs will be a great shot player FA ix s better option it’s more costly but we need proven experience 

Man to Man CB we let Gilmore go and we never replaced him with proven talent. We drafted Brents and Jones but they have flaws. We let every team through under on us and we need to make that better

LB we need to upgrade Leonard’s former position. Can Ballard find another gem in the draft 

In my book Pierce is a keeper

But......

It would be more effective if we had him coming off the bench to replace and rotate with a starter, and can give a breather to Pittman when needed

• Like 3

The difficulty in assigning the Colts' "needs" is that we can't just look at Current Deficiencies.  We also have to look at the bigger picture, long-term.  Current deficiencies include Rare Air players at WR, at DE, and CB.  However, after next year, Buckner, Grover, and Kelly will all be 31.  Kelly will have played out his contract, and may opt to retire to focus on his young family.  We'll have spent money extending Pittman and Grover in 2024 (not to mention Moore), and will have to make decisions on Zaire and Kwity in 2025.  It's gonna get very hairy very quickly.  And many of our central players we have now may not be with us two years from now.  It could be a very different team by the time we have to deal with AR's second contract.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

The difficulty in assigning the Colts' "needs" is that we can't just look at Current Deficiencies.  We also have to look at the bigger picture, long-term.  Current deficiencies include Rare Air players at WR, at DE, and CB.  However, after next year, Buckner, Grover, and Kelly will all be 31.  Kelly will have played out his contract, and may opt to retire to focus on his young family.  We'll have spent money extending Pittman and Grover in 2024 (not to mention Moore), and will have to make decisions on Zaire and Kwity in 2025.  It's gonna get very hairy very quickly.  And many of our central players we have now may not be with us two years from now.  It could be a very different team by the time we have to deal with AR's second contract.

Perhaps so. We shall see

11 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

Seems to be the SAME needs on a yearly basis after ALL this time with Ballard. Same ol same ol with nothing new but unfulfilled years mounting under his tenure as gm.

biggest need a gm who uses all avenues to fill the roster, not just the draft and low tier free agents

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

biggest need a gm who uses all avenues to fill the roster, not just the draft and low tier free agents

Ballard has drafted some gems but we have so many needs so FA and the draft needs to be solid 

• Like 1

Let's face it, the only high priced FA's Ballard is going to sign (I hope) are MPJ, Kenny and Grove.  We may get a few roll players, and as others have said, secondary depth and experience is a must.

The draft may give us 2 impact players if we're lucky.  And even though we had a lot of sacks, is there one guy that the D's have to worry about on the edge?  So I'm hoping we get an edge rusher.

Speed is needed on offense.  There are a few really good WRs that will be there at our pick.

And, I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be upset if we took a QB early in the draft.  I love AR, I love his potential, but there are two things we really don't know about him - durability and accuracy.   Too small of a sample size IMHO.

I think for me, I think I would roll into this draft really targeting 2 players. Those players for me would be Malik Nabers, and would trade 2024 and 2025 1st round picks to move up. And hope that that would be good enough to go from say 15 to 7. And then would target Cooper Dejean with hoping that he falls due to broken leg. And would trade 2024 and 2025 2nd round picks.

I know people will hate missing those "precious" picks but at some point premium players is what is needed. And I feel the Colts have some good depth and some really promising youth. And at this point, got to give your QB of the future, everything to make him successful while on that "cheap" contract. And I think WR and S are the positions holding them back

The time to surround Richardson is this offseason. A stretch the field WR is a must. It remains -art of the reason the team is so bad on 3rd down conversions  - teams can commit additional players near the line of scrimmage without a consistent long ball threat. Had been and continues to be a problem.

WR and CB BPA should be the first 2 picks. Ballard needs a departure from a singular method of building a roster. Would rather have one difference maker in Free Agency than 5-6 roster depth fillers.

2 hours ago, harrisoncolts88 said:

I think for me, I think I would roll into this draft really targeting 2 players. Those players for me would be Malik Nabers, and would trade 2024 and 2025 1st round picks to move up. And hope that that would be good enough to go from say 15 to 7. And then would target Cooper Dejean with hoping that he falls due to broken leg. And would trade 2024 and 2025 2nd round picks.

I know people will hate missing those "precious" picks but at some point premium players is what is needed. And I feel the Colts have some good depth and some really promising youth. And at this point, got to give your QB of the future, everything to make him successful while on that "cheap" contract. And I think WR and S are the positions holding them back

Respectfully I would disagree a bit…maybe alot

Nabors is amazing but  what You are really giving up is 3 first round picks to get him….

That would be way WAY WAY too much

What we need is a separation speedy wr to open up the run game and stop getting the 8 man box defense that we always see

There are 4 or 5 that fit this criteria that we wouldn’t have to trade up for and might be available in round 2

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

The time to surround Richardson is this offseason. A stretch the field WR is a must. It remains -art of the reason the team is so bad on 3rd down conversions  - teams can commit additional players near the line of scrimmage without a consistent long ball threat. Had been and continues to be a problem.

Agree 100%

11 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Respectfully I would disagree a bit…maybe alot

Nabors is amazing but  what You are really giving up is 3 first round picks to get him….

That would be way WAY WAY too much

What we need is a separation speedy wr to open up the run game and stop getting the 8 man box defense that we always see

There are 4 or 5 that fit this criteria that we wouldn’t have to trade up for and might be available in round 2

3 first round picks? 2024 and 2025 are just 2 picks. So it would be this years 15th and then whatever next season is. I think I see the confusion as you might be thinking the 2024 season, but I was more talking about the 2024 "draft" picks

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Let's face it, the only high priced FA's Ballard is going to sign (I hope) are MPJ, Kenny and Grove.  We may get a few roll players, and as others have said, secondary depth and experience is a must.

The draft may give us 2 impact players if we're lucky.  And even though we had a lot of sacks, is there one guy that the D's have to worry about on the edge?  So I'm hoping we get an edge rusher.

Speed is needed on offense.  There are a few really good WRs that will be there at our pick.

And, I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be upset if we took a QB early in the draft.  I love AR, I love his potential, but there are two things we really don't know about him - durability and accuracy.   Too small of a sample size IMHO.

Agree with some of this

but

This is an interesting draft

I see the Colts trading back 5-6 spots to 20-25 and getting additional picks in round 2 or 3

all of these guy run 4.4 40 or better……just what we need

Brian Thomas  

X Worthy

Leggette

A Mitchell

Troy Franklin

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, harrisoncolts88 said:

3 first round picks? 2024 and 2025 are just 2 picks. So it would be this years 15th and then whatever next season is. I think I see the confusion as you might be thinking the 2024 season, but I was more talking about the 2024 "draft" picks

Oh. Sorry. I thought you meant this year and the next 2

My mistake.  

I STILL think giving up 2 first round picks for a WR in this draft is too much

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

In 2020 we traded the 13th pick for Buckner.  We now have the 15th pick.  The time is perfect for Ballard to do a similar deal for another playmaker.  Time for Ballard to get AR that proven receiver.  

Who would you have in mind?

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Oh. Sorry. I thought you meant this year and the next 2

My mistake.  

I STILL think giving up 2 first round picks for a WR in this draft is too much

Yea no worries. And yea totally can see why waiting for a WR later would appealing too. I watched a lot of Nabers this year. The way he plays and separates, just something I truly like about him. To me he's not better than Marvin Harrison Jr but in a normal year, this guy is better than a lot of the WR's in prior years. Again, thats just the way I feel about him