Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Raiders at Colts plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

7 hours ago, teganslaw said:

The Colts have trouble stopping the run so expect the Raiders to utilize Zamir White. He got over 100 yards last week, and the Chiefs are suppose to have a good defense. 

Chiefs have a bad run defense for what it's worth. Their pass defense is top notch.

43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is amazing how a team will play for a coach they love and respect. That is what the Raiders are doing right now.

Just going to be interesting what they do.

Last time their Interim Coach told them to the playoffs, they moved on and brought in McDaniels.

Do they do the same this time?

Let Pierce go and go for Harbaugh or whatever other big fish that might be out there.

17 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Doesn’t really matter who’s in at RB Colts got to a much better job at defending the screen game. It’s so damn annoying seeing them get screen to death every game.

Rewatching the first half of the Atlanta game Franklin and Speed either couldn't get off their blocks, were to slow reading the play, misjudged the speed of their opponents, took bad angles, just didn't get to the spot, and missed the tackles. And Rodney Thomas is stuck out in the middle of nowhere, what the phk Gus?

Pierce should come up with a game plan that makes Minch look bad. Or maybe with Pittman and Smith and playing at home we do find a way to outscore them. A toss up.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

I don't know if the Raiders are a case of an inept Head Coach (McDaniels) not getting the best from his team or a team overachieving out of embarrassment. The latter tends to wear off after a week or two though and the Raiders have played a lot better than at any point McDaniels was their coach.

3 hours ago, w87r said:

Consider their opponents, though. Giants, Jets, Vikings with Nick Mullens at QB, Chargers. They gave up 31 to the Chiefs in their first meeting. They held Miami to 20, which is good but they couldn't score enough to win. Then the Chiefs took a dump on Christmas day. Most of their opponents have not been offensive juggernauts 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is amazing how a team will play for a coach they love and respect. That is what the Raiders are doing right now.

The last time when Rich Bisaccia took them to the playoffs after they fired Jon Gruden, they turned around and hired Josh McDaniels. Hopefully, this time around they actually keep Antonio Pierce and not make the same mistake again by hiring a guy who doesn't have the pulse of the locker room. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The last time when Rich Bisaccia took them to the playoffs after they fired Jon Gruden, they turned around and hired Josh McDaniels. Hopefully, this time around they actually keep Antonio Pierce and not make the same mistake again by hiring a guy who doesn't have the pulse of the locker room. 

I’m a big fan of Antonio Pierce.  Liked him as player and now as a coach.   He always has had a reputation as a leader of men.  And I say that as highest praise.  

If the Raiders didn’t have Pierce as their HC I’d feel much better about our chances Sunday.   But with him leading the way, I think this game is pretty much a toss-up.  

Hoping our home field advantage is the difference.   

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 1:41 PM, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Kevin Bowen mentioned when the Colts had their oline fully healthy the team had its best 2 games of the season. Idk which games those were. 

imo, if Gus Bradley’s defense can’t stop O’Connell then he needs to be gone. I’ll lose my % as O’Connell is not good and a rookie. 

O'Connell is a rookie, but dang he can ball.  He is smart, accurate, and has touch at just about any range.  Minshew can scramble, but O'Connell has much better range.  In a few years, he will be scary.  He won the Big Ten B league without much help.

14 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

O'Connell is a rookie, but dang he can ball.  He is smart, accurate, and has touch at just about any range.  Minshew can scramble, but O'Connell has much better range.  In a few years, he will be scary.  He won the Big Ten B league without much help.

You must be a Purdue fan. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

he has the potential to do a lot. But right now he’s not those things. Shows a flash here or there, but this defense shouldn’t struggle vs him and if they do it’s an indictment on Gus Bradley. I’ve been a Purdue fan for years. He CAN become a good starter. Doesn’t mean he will or has proven any of what you say at the NFL level. Just look at his last 3 qtrs of football. 

6 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

He's done a good job for them.  I don't know that I agree his upside is very high though.  I figure he'll be a mediocre starter level player which is fantastic for where they picked him.

Prediction time. Last week I hit the nail on the head with my prediction of a loss to the falcons which was made in a historical context. This week will be more of the same. We will make a rookie who completed no passes in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th quarter of his game last week look like Dan Marino and fall again to a team that is no where near our talent level. Wow, over and over and over again, nothing but dismal and pathetic failures with the season on the line. I'm ready to watch the triple vanilla, super soft zone defense give up tons of yards today. Why aren't we allowed to play aggressive, attacking, fast defense when the season is on the line. We've seen what happens when we stay in the soft zone against inferior opponents, let's try something new today. I sense a repeat of 2021 and Reich isn't the coach this year. Fifty years of this crap. P.s., I hope I'm wrong.

17 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

He didn't complete a pass beyond the 1st quarter last week