Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Help the Colts run defense by this signing

BProland85

If I were Ballard I’d be trying to bring in DT Teiar Tart, who was recently released from the Titans. I live in Nashville and trust me he was a big part of why they have been so good stopping the run. And he shouldn’t cost that much either. Indy needs a good DT behind Buckner and Grover. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-titans-moving-on-from-dt-teair-tart

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

If I were Ballard I’d be trying to bring in DT Teiar Tart, who was recently released from the Titans. I live in Nashville and trust me he was a big part of why they have been so good stopping the run. And he shouldn’t cost that much either. Indy needs a good DT behind Buckner and Grover. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-titans-moving-on-from-dt-teair-tart

First they’d have to cut him, second he’d go through waivers first where if he’s remotely as good as you think, he’ll likely get claimed, third, we are already needing to resign Grover and Buckner, both of whom are better than this guy and if he’s upset with his playing time and contract now, he’s not gonna be happy here behind those two

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

First they’d have to cut him, second he’d go through waivers first where if he’s remotely as good as you think, he’ll likely get claimed, third, we are already needing to resign Grover and Buckner, both of whom are better than this guy and if he’s upset with his playing time and contract now, he’s not gonna be happy here behind those two

Bringing him in, would be the equivalent to saying he will be here next year and Grover will not.

I've always thought Tart and was pretty solid.

Seems to be grading out pretty low.

57.6(76/132)

• Thanks 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/titans-release-teair-tart-tennessee-moves-on-from-starting-dl-over-contract-personal-issues-per-report/

Titans release Teair Tart: Tennessee moves on from starting DL over contract, personal issues, per report

...Tart, 26, hadn't practiced all week due to an undisclosed personal issue.

Now, he's parting ways "after season-long issues reached a breaking point," per Kuharsky. The discord reportedly stemmed from Tart's desire for a new contract, as well as the Titans' recent dissatisfaction with Tart's "effort and attitude."

The Philadelphia native was scheduled to hit free agency this offseason after signing a one-year, $4.3 million restricted-free-agent tender last spring. But his relationship with the Titans also soured in part due to his conditioning, per Kuharsky...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

May I introduce you to Grover Stewart?  He says hello!  

I’d guess the Colts would like to bring him back.   Do you think the Colts would prefer Tart to Stewart?!?    Not me. 

Especially with Tart not playing hard in a critical game with so much on the line.   It’s OK to sign a guy like that to a make-good contract, but not to sign him as your starting NT over Stewart.   That view is a big head scratcher to me. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I would think he would get claimed before the Colts turn.

Yeah, a team like the Bills, by virtue of being opportunistically behind so many AFC teams will like to bolster their run D for sure. It will be a team willing to take on the late season flier for a playoff push. Broncos are ahead of Bills by virtue of tiebreaker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Could possibly be an alternative if Stewart is not resigned. I honestly do not know enough about other players at Grover’s position to really have much of an opinion if it’s worth trying to find a cheaper option. 

It possible the Colts move on from Grover.   These days it sure seems like anything is possible.   

But while all of us probably don’t know enough about finding a cheaper option at NT,  what we DO know is that Tennessee, fighting for their playoff lives in mid-December,  chose to cut a decent player because of attitude and effort.  

Does that sound like a Ballard kind of guy?   

15 hours ago, csmopar said:

If we claim him do you think he will show up?

If someone else claims him would he show up?

The suggestion is that we Right Now need a better run defender backup than Johnson. There is no question about that!

It has Zero to do with next season. Unless he is seen as a less expensive replacement for Grover if we get outbid for Grove's service's.

In that regard it makes great sense to get him in the building Now to check him out up close and personal.

The guy needs a change of scenery and will likely bust his * playing to get paid.

A hungry player would fit Ballard's needs.

8 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

The suggestion is that we Right Now need a better run defender backup than Johnson. There is no question about that!

It has Zero to do with next season. Unless he is seen as a less expensive replacement for Grover if we get outbid for Grove's service's.

In that regard it makes great sense to get him in the building Now to check him out up close and personal.

The guy needs a change of scenery and will likely bust his * playing to get paid.

Holy Flipping Cow?!?    :facepalm:

I didn’t think this was even possible.    

Sometimes the surprises here are more stunning than I thought they could be.  

Wowza…. 

12 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

He will show up to whoever claims him.   My guess it will be before the Colts can get him,  if they even want him

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

@richard pallo

What are you confused about?   Maybe I can explain or clarify for you?   

I’m confused as to why you think Vrabel’s seat is so cold.  His team is in last place in the division and his team is one of the worst in the conference.  Now there are reports that there are rumbling about problems in the locker room.  That doesn’t sound like a good situation.  There are surprise firings every year.  Today I think it’s very possible his seat is far from cold.  Maybe he can finish strong we will see.  But imo his situation right now is not good.

50 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I’m confused as to why you think Vrabel’s seat is so cold.  His team is in last place in the division and his team is one of the worst in the conference.  Now there are reports that there are rumbling about problems in the locker room.  That doesn’t sound like a good situation.  There are surprise firings every year.  Today I think it’s very possible his seat is far from cold.  Maybe he can finish strong we will see.  But imo his situation right now is not good.

Well….    Off the top of my head,  this would be a rare poor season for Vrabel, though I’d guess they weren’t great last year either.   And he’s now using a rookie quarterback.   Could Vrabel be fired?   Sure.   But you’d think ownership would have his back in this kind of situation.   If they fired him, I think he would be in huge demand.   And if he goes elsewhere and does well, wouldn’t Tennessee management and ownership look as bad as possible.   I think Vrabel has a great reputation in NFL circles.   I wouldn't say Vrabel’s seat is cold, but I’d guess it’s no worse than a little bit warm.   

As for kicker-room unhappiness?   I’ll believe it when there is more credible info and sources.   I’ve yet to see that.    

8 minutes ago, AKB said:

grove was gone for 6 games, now people wanna sign his replacement

He is a free agent at years end.  There is no promise he will be back.  Also, even with Grove they need depth.  With that said I be very leery of this guy because of the reasons he was released.  

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He is a free agent at years end.  There is no promise he will be back.  Also, even with Grove they need depth.  With that said I be very leery of this guy because of the reasons he was released.  

im sure he will be back. pillar colt

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

May I introduce you to Grover Stewart?  He says hello!  

I’d guess the Colts would like to bring him back.   Do you think the Colts would prefer Tart to Stewart?!?    Not me. 

Especially with Tart not playing hard in a critical game with so much on the line.   It’s OK to sign a guy like that to a make-good contract, but not to sign him as your starting NT over Stewart.   That view is a big head scratcher to me. 

The post says BEHIND Buckner and Grover. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It possible the Colts move on from Grover.   These days it sure seems like anything is possible.   

But while all of us probably don’t know enough about finding a cheaper option at NT,  what we DO know is that Tennessee, fighting for their playoff lives in mid-December,  chose to cut a decent player because of attitude and effort.  

I don’t know. Are guys who get caught roiding up Ballard’s kind of guys? 

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No it doesn’t. Hard to read intent on a message board but meant it more anything is possible bc I have no clue about replacement options. . I honestly think they will resign Grover to a team friendly deal for him to end his career a Colt. 

• Like 1

Effort and attitude often reflect leadership (or lack thereof).

24 years in the military proved that to be true over and over with Soldiers. Under good leadership even the quirkiest of Soldiers thrived. Under * poor leadership they pull away and "shrink" in the moment. Human nature that when you don't feel the love you do what you can to leave that situation.

And when you go to criticize this post, remember that you have civilian jobs that you had poor leadership at, and you likely 'quit' too and moved on to 'greener' pastures.

Otherwise, if you want to debate the issue then bring it on!

This guy has shown great effort and ability to clog up lanes in the past - I would take him over Taven Bryan every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 3:39 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Read the comments in this thread.   Some are suggesting he could eventually replace Grover.   

Do you misread or misunderstand a post?  I just checked all posts in this thread and didn't notice any that suggested Grover should be replaced by Tart.  One suggested he might be an alternative if Grover decides to sign elsewhere (at least that's how I took it).

38 minutes ago, ponyboy said:

Do you misread or misunderstand a post?  I just checked all posts in this thread and didn't notice any that suggested Grover should be replaced by Tart.  One suggested he might be an alternative if Grover decides to sign elsewhere (at least that's how I took it).

I misread or misunderstand posts from time to time, like most of us.    I just misread a post yesterday.   It happens.   

So allow me to restate my position.   Whether as a starter, a backup, or anything else, I wouldn’t want Tart on my roster….  Period.   Bad attitude and effort in a meaningful game in mid-December is never acceptable to me.    And if he came here and wasn’t happy with his role isn’t it fair to think he’d be disruptive for the Colts as well?  

Too much downside, not enough upside for my comfort level.   Hope that clarifies.  

19 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Surprised he fell that far he’s still a good run defender.

Texans' DeMeco Ryans is not waiting to get better. Giving up next year's 1st rounder for Will Anderson, getting Tart, that team is going to turn things around fast as long as Stroud is healthy, over any other AFC South team. It is going to be fun competing with them as long as we win our fair share. :) 

I thought he might go to the Bills, a team for a playoff push but he went to the very next one in the standings. He was very close to falling to us.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/conference/2023/REG

Texans also claimed Derek Barnett. Man, they are loading up.