Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

34 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t get it either. He had one limited practice. 

This whole concussion process seems to be evolving...

I remember posting a while back, how it was almost a certainty, that after a concussion, that player would have to miss the following game. Now it's like in the majority of cases, they are back in action just in time for the next game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

I remember posting a while back, how it was almost a certainty, that after a concussion, that player would have to miss the following game. Now it's like in the majority of cases, they are back in action just in time for the next game.

I am wondering if earlier in season teams were just sitting players a game although they can clear. Now at the end of season with everything on the line they are not.

Colts  will move to six temporarily if Steelers can win this game. At least until tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Just now, 1959Colts said:

I remember posting a while back, how it was almost a certainty, that after a concussion, that player would have to miss the following game. Now it's like the majority of times, they are back in action just in time for the next game.

Seems that way but then we have Stroud now missing two games in a row.  The Lawrence thing is really puzzling.  I guess the rules aren’t out there her after all.  He apparently has cleared with very little practice.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

100% not happening in the majority of cases. 

Extreme majority of the time, a concussion on Sunday has meant missing the next week’s game. 

Recent examples have involved an injury on Thursday (Watt) or Saturday(Pittman) and cleared the following week. The extra day or two makes a difference. 

If Colts would happen to lose tomorrow and Steelers win this game Steelers would be ahead of bengals in the division. Would  this effect anything with the head to head with colts and Steelers. I mean wouldn’t that put  Bengals ahead of colts in the standings. Steelers would have tie breaker over bengals and bengals have the head to head over colts.

4 minutes ago, cbear said:

Does it matter who wins Pitt vs cinny? 

We need Steelers to win. Colts will move to 6 temporarily if they do.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Seems that way but then we have Stroud now missing two games in a row.  The Lawrence thing is really puzzling.  I guess the rules aren’t out there her after all.  He apparently has cleared with very little practice.

It may just depend on the severity of each as well. 

18 minutes ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

And Pittman is out symptoms today

Drat.  I thought he had emerged ok out of the protocols.  Welp, next week.  In the meantime, receivers have to pick up the slack.  I’m thinking, especially Pierce and the TEs.

• w87r changed the title to AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 36 - post Saturday 4pm game week 16
On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, w87r said:

AFC South Standings:

Jags 8-6, 4-1, 6-5(@Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

Colts 8-6 , 3-2, 6-4(@Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

Texans 8-6, 2-2, 5-4(Browns, Titans, @Colts)

Titans 5-9, 0-4, 3-7(Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

AFC Playoff Picture:

x-1. Ravens 11-3, 3-2, 7-3, .520, .506 (@49ers, Dolphins, Steelers)

2. Dolphins 10-4, 4-1, 7-3, .393, .321 (Cowboys, @Ravens, Bills)

3. Chiefs 9-5, 3-1, 7-2, .495, .444 (Raiders, Bengals, @Chargers)

4. Jaguars 8-6, 4-1, 6-5, .577, .509 (@Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

5. Browns 9-5, 3-2, 5-3, .536, .524 (Texans, Jets, @Bengals)

6. Colts 8-6, 3-2, 6-4, .485, .429 (@Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

7. Texans 8-6, 2-2, 5-4, .469, .464 (Browns, Titans, @Colts)

Still in the Hunt:

8. Bills 8-6, 2-2, 4-5, .495, .500 (@Chargers, Patriots, @Dolphins)

9. Steelers 8-7, 4-1, 6-5, .520, .531 (@Seahawks, @Ravens)

10. Bengals 8-7, 0-5, 3-7, .561, .527 (@Chiefs, Browns)

11. Broncos 7-7, 2-2, 4-5, .515, .500 (Patriots, Chargers, @Raiders)

Not Officially Out:

12. Raiders 6-8, 2-2, 4-5, .469, .369 (@Chiefs, @Colts, Broncos)

13. Chargers 5-9, 1-3, 3-6, .510, .371 (Bills, @Broncos, Chiefs)

Eliminated:

Jets

Titans 

Patriots 

Updated OP 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I want to see us win out, but it looks like tomorrow is the game to lose of the 3 left, if we had to choose. Much more important to win the two conference games. Someone correct me if I am wrong. 

Broncos schedule looks easy. Bills have to play dolphins but I see them winning. Colds  can’t afford to lose because broncos and Bills are right there. Would be huge if Miami beat cowboys tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Broncos schedule looks easy. Bills have to play dolphins but I see them winning. Colds  can’t afford to lose because broncos and Bills are right there. Would be huge if Miami beat cowboys tomorrow.

if we lose tomorrow, but win the last two weeks, how would the broncos leap us if they win out? We have less conference losses. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Have you noticed every time you type "colts" it comes out "colds"

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

If the Bills sneak in and get the 7th they could face the Chiefs again. Seems like those teams are always destined to play each other.

Dolphins ain't beating the Ravens on the road even if they beat the Cowboys at home tomorrow. 

Bills facing Dolphins on the road for the last game most likely with Dolphins at 11-5 and Bills at 10-6, for the division title. If Bills win the AFC East, they are #3 or #4 seed. I can definitely see them beating the Dolphins on the road.

Just now, chad72 said:

Dolphins ain't beating the Ravens on the road.

Bills facing Dolphins on the road for the last game most likely with Dolphins at 11-5 and Bills at 10-6, for the division title. If Bills win the AFC East, they are #3 or #4 seed. I can definitely see them beating the Dolphins on the road.

One of the huge reasons colts  can’t lose another game is dolphins finishing with 6 losses but losing the division.