Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

10 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Man, today was nearly the perfect opportunity for us. This team just cannot get it together when opportunity knocks. 

Feels like 2021 all over again. 

That’s because they have a backup QB and they are an average team that has overachieved. What’s discounting is their highest paid players are not making plays when they should be the stars on the team. 

I hate to say it too Grover bring back hurts the pass rush because it takes Dayo off the field.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts win out they are in unless something weird happens and they end up in a two way tie with bengals. I doubt that will happen.

That's what I'm saying I have read somewhere where everyone could win out and still not make the playoffs.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is a complicated formula. There are multiple things that go into it when there is a 3 or more tie. Has to do with conference division. Standing ect.

Yes I know that. I'm saying what if there's a 5 way tie? Does Cincy make it over the Colts?

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s because they have a backup QB and they are an average team that has overachieved. What’s discounting is their highest paid players are not making plays when they should be the stars on the team. 

I hate to say it too Grover bring back hurts the pass rush because it takes Dayo off the field.

I don’t see Grover being back next year. I think they go a different direction. You cannot get suspended for ped’s for a third of the season in a contract year. The run defense needs more than just Big Grove back. 

I honestly don’t see Kenny Moore back either.

We may see big changes.  

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Right now Cincy is still behind colts. Someone would have to dig into it. My guess is no if colts win last two they would be ahead because of conference record. Bengals still have chiefs and browns.

I know but it's hard to say wins are guaranteed and it could be a 5 way tie. Just asking if it does happen how does that play out for the Colts.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

5 way tie will not put bengals in over colts. Colts are actually in a good position with tie breakers as long as it’s 3 or more. 

Okay I was just wondering. If there is a five way tie it worries me. Lol

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You just don’t want a two way tie with bengals and colts. I doubt that happens.

Yes but I'm asking about a 5 way tie. I hope colts can win out. But I read something strange that it could not matter if all other teams win out.

5 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I thought tie breaker goes with conference wins?

Yes but did you know everyone but Browns at #5 seed has 5 or more AFC losses??? Colts have only 4 losses.

So if we win out, guess what, we best every single one of them with JUST 4 AFC losses. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we had to lose one of our final 3, the Falcons game was the one to lose.  I doubt Cincy beats KC next week.  If the three AFC South contenders are 9-7 after next weekend, then I believe the Colts/Texans won't be flexed to the Sat games or Sun night.  The Colts/Texans and Jags/Titans games will be in the same time slot on Sun Jan 7th - either 1pm or 4:25pm - in order to keep the drama going for the division title.  SNF on 1/7 is shaping up to be Buff/Mia.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

If we had to lose one of our final 3, the Falcons game was the one to lose.  I doubt Cincy beats KC next week.  If the three AFC South contenders are 9-7 after next weekend, then I believe the Colts/Texans won't be flexed to the Sat games or Sun night.  The Colts/Texans and Jags/Titans games will be in the same time slot on Sun Jan 7th - either 1pm or 4:25pm - in order to keep the drama going for the division title.  SNF on 1/7 is shaping up to be Buff/Mia.

Very accurate on the Tua/Allen SNF leaning, very likely. For that to happen, Ravens need to take care of the Dolphins, which is likely. 

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What lol. What would be colts and Texans division and conference  records. That’s probably the answer.

edit:

Could the final AFC South standings between the Indianapolis Colts and Houston Texans yet be decided by the flip of a coin rather than on the field?

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/afc-south-standings-texans-colts-2023/

• Like 1