Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Just something I came across a few weeks back while looking at playoff percentages.

I found it.

Week 16 N.F.L. Playoff Picture: A Team-by-Team Guide https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/12/23/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture-week-16.html?smid=nytcore-android-share

The Colts would make the playoffs by winning their remaining games, all against eminently beatable opponents. They face only one team with a winning record — the Texans, who share the Colts’ 8-6 record (and a nearly identical path to the postseason).

That matchup with the Texans, in Week 18, is the most important of the three for the Colts. As long as the Colts win that, they can probably afford a loss to the Falcons in Week 16 or to the Raiders in Week 17.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It’s amazing how little coverage there is on the Colts on the football shows.  If we win today I think that will change big time.  If we lose back to the end of the line.

Not really they’ll talk about what the Falcons did wrong like the did with the Steelers. I don’t mind it though keep winning go Colts.

• Like 1

• w87r changed the title to AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 38 - post Sunday 1pm games week 16
On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, w87r said:

Updated Week 16 Standings:

* - Still to play

x - clinched playoffs 

AFC South Standings:

Jags 8-6, 4-1, 6-5(@Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

Colts 8-7 , 3-2, 6-4(Raiders, Texans)

Texans 8-7, 2-2, 5-5(Titans, @Colts)

Titans 5-10, 0-4, 3-7(@Texans, Jaguars)

AFC Playoff Picture:

x-1. Ravens 11-3, 3-2, 7-3, .520, .506 (@49ers, Dolphins, Steelers)

2. Dolphins 10-4, 4-1, 7-3, .393, .321 (Cowboys, @Ravens, Bills)

3. Chiefs 9-5, 3-1, 7-2, .495, .444 (Raiders, Bengals, @Chargers)

4. Jaguars 8-6, 4-1, 6-5, .577, .509 (@Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

5. Browns 10-5, 3-2, 6-3, .536, .524 (Jets, @Bengals)

6. Bills 9-6, 2-2, 5-5, .495, .500 (Patriots, @Dolphins)

7. Colts 8-7, 3-2, 6-4, .485, .429 (Raiders, Texans)

Still in the Hunt:

8. Texans 8-7, 2-2, 5-5, .469, .464 (Titans, @Colts)

9. Steelers 8-7, 4-1, 6-5, .520, .531 (@Seahawks, @Ravens)

10. Bengals 8-7, 0-5, 3-7, .561, .527 (@Chiefs, Browns)

11. Broncos 7-7, 2-2, 4-5, .515, .500 (Patriots, Chargers, @Raiders)

12. Raiders 6-8, 2-2, 4-5, .469, .369 (@Chiefs, @Colts, Broncos)

Eliminated:

Chargers 

Jets

Titans 

Patriots 

Updated post Week 16 Sunday 1pm games 

Updated OP

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

How did bengals not go ahead of us? I am really confused.  I am in shock.

Because with more than 2 teams tied H2H only plays in if 1 team has beat all the other teams tied.

We have best conference record of all teams at 8-7. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am shocked. Maybe I will give them a break for how bad they were today then. I imagine you knew this the entire time lol.

I knew this loss wouldn't be too bad in the grand scheme, but it helps that Texans lost to the Browns.

They don't deserve a break for how bad they played today.

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

Of course Jags are down 10. What a waste of opportunity.

Yeah, but I think Titans can get them in week 18.

Definitely blew this one though.

• Like 3

I don’t think that will happen with bengals last two games. Although if browns have that 5th seed locked up they could sit some players.

Yeah just need the Chiefs to get them, or worst case scenario be in a 3 team tie at whatever record it ends up being.

• Like 1

Taking the division would be kind of fun, this team isnt going on any kind of playoff run.

Its funny the league expanded to 7 playoff teams while giving the 7 seed a near impossible road to anywhere.  I dont think a 7 has won a playoff game yet

They face the 2 on the road and then if they win they get the 1 seed on the road coming off a bye

So colts still control their own destiny?

No, the Steelers and powers that be control their destiny. 

If the Steelers need the colts to lose, or any one else, they will. 

Reminds me of the end of season two seasons ago. The colts lost last two games and Rothlisberger made the playoffs. 

That's what made last weeks result so surprising, but it wasn't the last game of the season, so I guess it wasn't absolutely necessary?? 

Anyway, we'll see soon enough.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Did you guys see the panthers score today. GB won but panthers scored 30. Hopefully they can keep that up next week. lol

They won 1, and almost pulled this one out. Also Frank is gone, playing much better.

Hopefully they can keep it close and pull it out in the end.

If not, I have full confidence the Titans will give them everything they can handle in Nashville.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

They won 1, and almost pulled this one out. Also Frank is gone, playing much better.

Hopefully they can keep it close and pull it out in the end.

If not, I have full confidence the Titans will give them everything they can handle in Nashville.

I just don’t like week 18 games when the other team doesn’t have anything to play for. Tannehill played today. He probably gives them the better chance to win. But Levis will probably be back next week. Hopefully they can beat Texans.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We could still win the division as silly as that sounds if the Jags lose today. They still play at Titans and that won't be easy because both teams hate each other. 

It might come down to week 18.  If jags lose this game and both win next week it’s going down to last week of season.

• Like 1