Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

Lawrence injury looked bad, I would think he's out at least 3-4 weeks, if he's lucky. 

That injury definitely hurt the Jags chances of winning, but the Bengals legit outplayed them most of this game. Take away the stupid double pass turnover and the Bengals might have been in position to put the game away even before Lawrence's injury. 

I still don't see the Colts making up a two game deficit on the Jags.

100%. I am not confident of a win Sunday as I was before tonight’s game. Maybe jags defense  is that bad but bengals looked good and still have great weapons. Jags are pretty close to bottom  in sacks and colfs are second so hopefully that makes a difference. I still think this game tonight hurt colts playoff chances.

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

Lawrence injury looked bad, I would think he's out at least 3-4 weeks, if he's lucky. 

That injury definitely hurt the Jags chances of winning, but the Bengals legit outplayed them most of this game. Take away the stupid double pass turnover and the Bengals might have been in position to put the game away even before Lawrence's injury. 

I still don't see the Colts making up a two game deficit on the Jags.

Burrow's sprain put him out for the year. If Lawrence's sprain is bad, he's gone for season as well.

So, no way for either of us to pass Jags if there is a 3 way tie, as there is only 1 more game between the 3.

Our game with the Texans, so one team will likely be 2-2, still behind Jags 3-1.

Easier to read AFC South schedules:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

So, no way for either of us to pass Jags if there is a 3 way tie, as there is only 1 more game between the 3.

Our game with the Texans, so one team will likely be 2-2, still behind Jags 3-1.

This is exactly what Destin Adams just posted too about a 3 way tie.

All I know is the Titans games for the Texans (x2) and the Jaguars (x1 on the road), are going to to be tough games.

We experienced it yesterday. They are different team at home.

They are still well coached. Never count on them giving up, they will be playing hard through the final whistle of that week 18 game at home against the Jaguars m

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

100%. I am not confident of a win Sunday as I was before tonight’s game. Maybe jags defense  is that bad but bengals looked good and still have great weapons. Jags are pretty close to bottom  in sacks and colfs are second so hopefully that makes a difference. I still think this game tonight hurt colts playoff chances.

Yea that bengals game is going to be a fight

• Like 1

4 hours ago, w87r said:

If Lawrence misses a couple weeks. The Jags could lose 2 games like if Jags lose to browns next week with a backup and lose against Ravens. While we beat the Bengals and Steelers. We could take a 1 game lead on Jags. 

it’s a lot of ifs but this Lawrence injury could change who wins the South. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colt fans need to be concerned if they can beat bengals Sunday not looking ahead. If colts lose one more jags would have to lose 3 more. Texans are playing jets Sunday so probably a win got Texans 

Why would fans need to be concerned? Did I miss a letter from Ballard or something? Are we playing Sunday?

Gotta trust in the process and believe. I don’t see Steichen overlooking the Bengals. 

As a Bengals fan, I’ve seen this team do this stuff before. They get very hot and then very cold. They are a week to week kind of team. Last week for example they lost 16-10 against the Steelers. 

Could we lose? Absolutely. It’s any given Sunday. And when you’ve got back up QBs all over the place across the league, all bets are off. 

But I think the Colts will do enough to win. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zoltan said:

If Lawrence misses a couple weeks. The Jags could lose 2 games like if Jags lose to browns next week with a backup and lose against Ravens. While we beat the Bengals and Steelers. We could take a 1 game lead on Jags. 

it’s a lot of ifs but this Lawrence injury could change who wins the South. 

I doubt the Jags lose to the Browns,  they have a backup QB too.  The Colts need to worry about the Bengals, if the OL and especially Minshew don't play a lot better, the Colts will get beat by the Bengals.  Bengals have a good defense and Browning looked better than our QB lately.  Colts can't be a turn over machine and they have to get TD's in not FG....  Grover back will help the D, but they aren't the source of the problem!

Supposed to be a rainy/windy mess Sunday in Cleveland for Jags game.

47 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

I doubt the Jags lose to the Browns,  they have a backup QB too.  The Colts need to worry about the Bengals, if the OL and especially Minshew don't play a lot better, the Colts will get beat by the Bengals.  Bengals have a good defense and Browning looked better than our QB lately.  Colts can't be a turn over machine and they have to get TD's in not FG....  Grover back will help the D, but they aren't the source of the problem!

Except Browns backup has won a SB. I found they will put Robinson back in with the day Flacco looked.

6 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

The colts should be trying for the division. Until they mathematically ruled out why aim for the wild card spot? The Colts are in the mix as much as anyone else in the AFC. 

They obviously are? What makes you think they arent trying for the division? They are trying to win every game obviously.

• Like 1

Health will be a big key in this race: not only who’s out for opponents but us staying healthy and getting pieces back like Ju Ju, Taylor, Smith and Woods (not to mention Grover).

Although these players are out, their respective backups have been getting playing time.

My biggest concern is Minshew; sometimes, he’ll make great plays and sometimes, he’ll cough the ball up or look skittish or unaware of the situation (for instance, he slides out-of-bounds, instead of staying upright). 
      My biggest confidence is Stiechen, pretty impressive so far’and can perhaps offset Minshew’s weaknesses.

28 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

My biggest concern is Minshew; sometimes, he’ll make great plays and sometimes, he’ll cough the ball up or look skittish or unaware of the situation (for instance, he slides out-of-bounds, instead of staying upright). 

That was a maddening decision, IMO. Third down, the marker is right there, and he slides short of it. I don't know if it was a lack of awareness, or if it was a business decision, but for a guy who is supposed to have all this swagger, sliding in front of the first down marker was not what we needed.

1 hour ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

The colts should be trying for the division. Until they mathematically ruled out why aim for the wild card spot? The Colts are in the mix as much as anyone else in the AFC. 

Of course. But it still doesn’t mean jags losing last night does not mean colts playoff chances just got hurt. I saw the playoff chances this morning and it actually went down.  We should be rooting for teams behind us to lose to give us the best chance to make it.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Of course. But it still doesn’t mean jags losing last night does not mean colts playoff chances just got hurt. I saw the playoff chances this morning and it actually went down.  We should be rooting for teams behind us to lose to give us the best chance to make it.

As of now per the Kevin Bowen show, we have a 56% of making the playoffs. Jags losing keeps the door open for winning the division. We at least now have a 25% chance of winning the division, I heard that on the NFL Newtork this morning. If we beat Cincy, that pretty much takes care of them, winning last night won't matter for them. It is in our hands which I like. We control our destiny to the playoffs. That is all you can ask for through 12 games.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As of now per the Kevin Bowen show, we have a 56% of making the playoffs. Jags losing keeps the door open for winning the division. We at least now have a 25% chance of winning the division, I heard that on the NFL Newtork this morning. If we beat Cincy, that pretty much takes care of them, winning last night won't matter for them. It is in our hands which I like. We control our destiny to the playoffs. That is all you can ask for through 12 games.

After seeing bengals last night I do not like colts chances. We will see.

14 hours ago, Superman said:

Jake Browning is locked in. I was thinking the defense would have a favorable matchup next week, now I'm thinking otherwise.

Jake (WHO?) Browning 34-37 not too shabby considering teams that struggle to find a QB with ten fingers like the Colts and the present day Jets. Giants have a promising back up as well.

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

Jake (WHO?) Browning 34-37 not too shabby considering teams that struggle to find a QB with ten fingers like the Colts and the present day Jets. Giants have a promising back up as well.

Minshew has had a good year, nothing spectacular but this Minshew hate from some is ridiculous. He is better than Browning and will prove it Sunday. 

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Minshew has had a good year, nothing spectacular but this Minshew hate from some is ridiculous. He is better than Browning and will prove it Sunday. 

Minshew has been aggressively mediocre this year. The last time he played as well as Browning played last night was at least two years ago.

18 minutes ago, Superman said:

Minshew has been aggressively mediocre this year. The last time he played as well as Browning played last night was at least two years ago.

Minshew on Sunday = 26-42, 312 yards, 2 TD's, no INT's and a game winning drive in OT against a rival team that was 4-0 at home. Never said Minshew is very good or great but he has played some good football this year.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A high ankle sprain is bad. Average recovery time for that injury is 6 to 8 weeks. There are only 5 games left. We will see.

Guess you forgot about Wentz who had a low in one and a high in the other. Mahomes also played on one last season.

I was looking up Brownings  stats. He had had 4 games this year and yesterday was the outlier. Hopefully it isn’t a trend for Sunday.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am telling you what doctors say - google it. Yeah, he may be able to play in a week or 2 but he won't be near 100%. 

I don’t think he will play Sunday against browns with Garrett. But we will see about any significant time. Colds need browns to lose too. So this kind of sucks.

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think he will play Sunday against browns with Garrett. But we will see about any significant time. Colds need browns to lose too. So this kind of sucks.

Trust the process and don’t overreact to every thing that happens. All the Colts have to do is win. Everything else will fall into place one way or another. This Colts team has talent, they just needed coaching which I believe is why they have improved as the season goes on. Don’t be surprised if next year this colts team Is at the top of the AFC standings. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well you know how it goes around here, expecting Peyton results from a guy picked 178th in his draft class ... Lol

18 minutes ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

Trust the process and don’t overreact to every thing that happens. All the Colts have to do is win. Everything else will fall into place one way or another. This Colts team has talent, they just needed coaching which I believe is why they have improved as the season goes on. Don’t be surprised if next year this colts team Is at the top of the AFC standings. 

A lot of people overreact to 1 game. Jake Browning plays out of his mind for 1 game and now people think he is legit. It was 1 game! Minshew has played good in several games this year and was actually arguably great on Sunday, yet he gets overlooked. Levis played great in 1st start and some in here already had him as the next coming. His last 5 starts have been doozies to say the least. Levis did beat the Panthers.

• Like 4