Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard on official colts podcast

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Something really important coming from this is Ballard saying how demanding Steichen is with what he needs. Even on him.

He also said although the sample size is small Richardson exceeded his expectations and they have a good grasp on what they need to build and help him going into next year. 

Ballard compared Downs to TY when it comes to football instincts.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Something really important coming from this is Ballard saying how demanding Steichen is with what he needs. Even on him.

He also said although the sample size is small Richardson exceeded his expectations and they have a good grasp on what they need to build and help him going into next year. 

First, he comped Downs to Tyreek Hill from both their time in KC before talking TY. These are not small names. The great thing is most of the fans have seen this too. Happy fans abound

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

downs definitely reminds of hilton

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Something else I had a gut feeling about is when he was asked about the playoffs. He severely downplayed that. I think he knows we probably aren’t going and this team is not good enough. He just goes let’s take it one game at a time and see where  it leads us.

I would not take his comment as confirmation of your thought. I think it had more to do with no sense is looking any further than Tampa. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ballard's body language is all you need to know.  He's jumpy, squirmy, and can go right into a defensive stance if needed. His feet are going a mile-a-minute. The Colts Podcast isn't going to make him terribly uneasy, but the local media still will. He knows what we know, which is good, he's not trying to look at this through rose-colored glasses.  I just wish he would relax, but a prerequisite to that is getting a few breaks here and there, which hasn't happened lately.  He's very stubborn in his ways, but there are so many good things to like about this man, I hope the fortunes of the Colts take a major upswing by the end of 2024.

• Like 1

Unlike Bill Polian - Chris Ballard is upfront with his assessment of the team and what they need to address.

His comments about Josh Downs are amazing - and - show why Reggie Wayne was "pounding the table" for the Colts to draft him.

I like Chris Ballard and hopes he stays in Indy until he decides to retire!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The answer, Gomer, is Nabers is from LSU.

:thmup:

I'm not sure where Jim Nabers went to college,  but I'll never forget him singing "Back home again in Indiana" at the 500 every year.   I couldn't believe Gomer had such an incredible voice.   I miss hearing him

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm not sure where Jim Nabers went to college,  but I'll never forget him singing "Back home again in Indiana" at the 500 every year.   I couldn't believe Gomer had such an incredible voice.   I miss hearing him

Yup!   You’re right!

Nabers was a very good singer!   It was always a surprise at how different his singing voice was than his talking voice.   Like he was another person!    

And reportedly a good guy as well….. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1