Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Patriots post game reaction

GoColts8818

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I would like to see Steichen put Sam in there for some plays just to throw some different wrinkled in there. Maybe it could help the run game a little.  Just a few plays to find the defense something else to be worried about.

Sam I think would have done similar to what he did last year against the Pats.  I was already somewhat expecting us to lose this one bc I thought Minshew was going to get out there and get overwhelmed by the Pats defense, but he did enough to pull it out. I don't think Sam is better than Minshew. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He sounded despondent when Gay made his field goal.

No thanks...we saw how that went last year

With how bad this team fell apart I don’t think it’s fair to look at what he did last year on a pathetic team. I think everyone should be a little intrigued now Steichen I’d the HC. He could throw some Richardson plays in there fore him.

Just now, krunk said:

Sam I think would have done similar to what he did last year against the Pats.  I was already somewhat expecting us to lose this one bc I thought Minshew was going to get out there and get overwhelmed by the Pats defense, but he did enough to pull it out.

This isn’t the same team.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

With how bad this team fell apart I don’t think it’s fair to look at what he did last year on a pathetic team. I think everyone should be a little intrigued now Steichen I’d the HC. He could throw some Richardson plays in there fore him.

This isn’t the same team.

Same player.  I don't think he's better than Minshew

24 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I didn’t say bench Minshew. I said just give him some packages to throw some different wrinkles in there. The RPO game would be much better too and you do have to account for him running.

It would be like in '20 when Jacoby would come in to spell Rivers but every time he entered the game, you knew he was running it and not passing.

• Like 1

That was Thursday night ugly. Just like I knew it would be. But we won and I’m always glad to beat Belichick and the Pats. 

I think my big reaction coming away from this one is Belichick benching Jones the way he did when he did. 2 minutes to drive 80+ yards for a winning score and you throw the backup QB you’ve cut from your roster once this season already out there?

The only thing Bill could have done to disadvantage Zappe any more today was trip him on his way into the game and then * on him since he was down there. 

Talk about thrown to the wolves…

And I’m not saying he was wrong to bench Jones, but there wasn’t anyone who stood to benefit from the timing today. That one came about a quarter too late, or 2 minutes too early. Take your pick. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Julian Blackmon has really settled into SS these past few weeks. Being playing really well and making plays. Himself and Kenny Moore have been doing a great job leading an inexperiened and banged up secondary. 

Always thought he was a better SS then Fs. He is better when playing closer to the line of scrimmage. That puts him in the best position to be the play  maker he is.

• Like 6

If we had just one more run stopping DT, i think our defense would be even better. 

I do understand the philosophy of let our young guys play, but I feel like we mostly have pass rushers outside of grove and johnson. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I believe today was the deadline to extend any players. Now it has to wait until after the season.

Guys I would extend 

Grover 

Pittman

Blackmon 

Lewis 

moore 

I was wondering if we'd extend Pittman or Moore. I guess we are waiting until Matt Ryans salary comes off the books.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I would like to see Steichen put Sam in there for some plays just to throw some different wrinkled in there. Maybe it could help the run game a little.  Just a few plays to find the defense something else to be worried about.

I know its an outdated play design but I want to see Taylor and Moss in backfield at same time. Now that'd be a wrinkle from time to time

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Myles said:

I didn't watch the game.   I had to listen to the recap on the radio.   Let me know if what they said was wrong:

The defense played very well.  Minshew did better than his numbers show against a good defensive effort.

That's an accurate recollection of the game.

• Thanks 1

The colts offensive line was getting great push the scoring drive and Taylor was getting good gains, then for most of the rest of the game the line wasn’t getting that push. It’s mostly the same players, what happens? That’s the most frustrating thing I have about this offense. If the line can get the push, the colts have the best backs to take advantage of that and the qb wouldn’t have to do much. Maybe they need more physical  lineman instead of pass blocking ones that would compliment their best weapons.

The d-line getting tremendous pressure on the qb was the only real good thing I saw from the colts this game. I think the pats qb was worried about it the entire game and that is why the colts won. Offense wasn’t good or the rushing defense. Thankfully the pats didn’t just keep running the ball down the colts throat and into the end zone. I was relieved every time the pats went back to pass!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, husker61 said:

The d-line getting tremendous pressure on the qb was the only real good thing I saw from the colts this game. I think the pats qb was worried about it the entire game and that is why the colts won. Offense wasn’t good or the rushing defense. Thankfully the pats didn’t just keep running the ball down the colts throat and into the end zone. I was relieved every time the pats went back to pass!

First half pressure was good/great. Pats adjusted in the second half and it was much tougher sledding overall.

Still, I do think we may have rattled him as a result.

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

That was Thursday night ugly. Just like I knew it would be. But we won and I’m always glad to beat Belichick and the Pats. 

I think my big reaction coming away from this one is Belichick benching Jones the way he did when he did. 2 minutes to drive 80+ yards for a winning score and you throw the backup QB you’ve cut from your roster once this season already out there?

The only thing Bill could have done to disadvantage Zappe any more today was trip him on his way into the game and then * on him since he was down there. 

And I’m not saying he was wrong to bench Jones, but there wasn’t anyone who stood to benefit from the timing today. That one came about a quarter too late, or 2 minutes too early. Take your pick. 

BB just taking an opportunity to demonstrate his churlish nature.

21 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

If BB gets fired over this game, I'm going to need help with stopping the never-ending laughter. Of all the Colts teams, QBs, and performances to do that....this was the worst of all.

Some folks think that Belichick will be fired as a result of losing this game - while I think that the Pats will definitely move on from him after this year, I don't think after 9 Superbowl appearances & 6 wins that they'll fire him mid-season but if they were going to, the bye week would be the perfect time to do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

Gotta wonder if that’s Belichick’s way of tanking?

He knows he has no quarterback, and the only way to get one is to secure one of those top picks