Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Saints post game reaction

GoColts8818

12 minutes ago, colts89 said:

You follow the Colts well enough to know that isn't going to happen this year no matter what the record ends up

Showing   effort and losing is different then what happened today. What happened today is mostly Ballards fault.

Steichen didn’t look like some mastermind as a play caller either.

• Like 1

Leonard right now has been reduced to a play chaser. Inside he is getting thrown around like a rag doll. He is being paid at the level of an all-pro, but it is questionable as to whether he should be on field.Really hoping this changes, but Leonard is a liability right now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ShuteAt168 said:

Our Gus Bradley defense is all about giving cushions, zone, bend-but-don’t-break and then on a crucial third and 14 we line up Brown at the line in what looks like press man vs Shaheen, who we already know is much faster. A predictable 51-yard completion and class dismissed. 

Our DB kept getting beat. This wasn’t from scheme.

2 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Well.  A Colts win meant I was going over to Charlotte for next week’s game, to watch the team get to 5-5.  Think we’ll just stay home and save the $$.

The Panthers finally won a game. I think we win next week now that’s out of the way. 

7 minutes ago, #12. said:

I'll say this:  had Luck stayed, Ballard's team building method would absolutely have worked.  They would have been competing year after year.

As is, it's not working.  It's probably time to give someone else a chance.  

I've defended Ballard as long as I can.    For the O-line, getting Q was probably his biggest move but it was the most recent big one.   There haven't been significant changes to improve.    

People are complaining about the qb play, but you can’t expect a starting, let alone a back up qb, to score 30+ points a game to get wins. The defense has been awful! There have been injuries/suspension, but all teams have them. Playing zone on short yardage is too easy to find a quick open spot. Having week cb and not giving help or blitzing to make the qb uneasy are coaching issues. I would like to see more screen passes to our best weapons!

• Like 3

Amazing I think all of us had hoped that Minshew would have a great season. He’s never had a great season. And I realized today that I thought, even with his mediocre play could still win games. We start the game off running the ball with efficiency and power. We could’ve put our throat on New Orleans today if we got a touchdown to go up higher in the first half but like all season, the office takes quarters off in the Defense off the whole game off. 39 points last week 41 this week or defensive backs are too slow to be able to work man-to-man coverage. And whatever the Saints needed a 6 yard play if we gave a 10 yard cushion. I will always stand by this team as I have since I was 17 years old but this was embarrassing we were beaten by a team that lost to Green Bay and Atlanta. The people that had their hand on the polls saw this coming, but as jaded fans we didn’t listen to it. People on this side are very very knowledgeable about what’s going on with this team. But we are several players away from being truly competitive our pass  rush was abysmal today. We got gouged by deep plays and we let Hill run all over us. I would like to see Steichen and Bradley to finally say we are playing horribly. I’m tired of the moral wins and making excuses. I have

t been this disgusted in a long time. Once again a tale of disgust. So many fans left early unlike I have seen in a long time fans have no faith us us winning 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I don't think it would have been any different with Richardson the last three games if you just want to count winning. We put up a lot of points, the defense is just horrible. Couldn't stop old people at an old folks home. 

Defense play calling is so stale . When you have a terrible secondary and a good front 7 why not blitz more ?

• Like 1

One could make a believable argument that Brown single-handedly lost us this game.  Every completion, he was the defender.  Every big play, he was the guy.  We might have played better defense if we'd simply played 10 guys.  I say cut the guy today, and sign anyone.  Anyone.  From another team.  From the free agent pool.  Anyone from the stands,  You play defensive back in high school?  You're hired.  And starting.  It'll be better than the guy we had.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Brown and Brents suck.

I'm assuming you meant Baker and not Brents?

- Freeland needs Braden Smith to return. His first run as a rookie OT has been a gauntlet (Donald, Garrett, Jordan). Hopefully

the exp helps him next year. I think the rest of the OL has been pretty decent though, but nothing great.

100%. He's done much better than I expected, but easily the worst player on the line right now.

- Missing Stewart brings our run D down from elite to slightly above average.

Agreed. His absence is apparent.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SSColts said:

If this game was the zombie apocalypse, we already know who'd be the first to die.

Leonard?

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am telling you the poor depth at CB goes back to Ballard. He will not survive this if he doesn’t fix it before Tuesday.  

And how does he go about doing that in 48 hours?

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am telling you the poor depth at CB goes back to Ballard. He will not survive this if he doesn’t fix it before Tuesday.  

He absolutely will because of AR.

That said I'd REALLY like the team to actually make a move at this point. Just something that shows the brass aren't just rolling over.

I knew this was going to be an evaluation season, but we have improvements to make even with a fully healthy team - just do something.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Brown is the whipping dog today because he allowed 1 TD?   How did the Saints score the other 31 pts?

Franklin allowed one TD and another big play because of terrible coverage. Both were by Kamara I think.

Also, the defense' inability to recognize a run by Hill...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought today's loss is on Ballard with a little bit on Gus. Besides Grove's 1st year we never had another player on our DL like him. We had a big hole all day. Tony should've started nickel and Moore outside. Injuries and suspensions has hurt our D big time this year. Only positives I have is some of our back ups are getting reps. I didn't have playoff hopes this year. 

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

He absolutely will because of AR.

That said I'd REALLY like the team to actually make a move at this point. Just something that shows the brass aren't just rolling over.

I knew this was going to be an evaluation season, but we have improvements to make even with a fully healthy team - just do something.

There is a difference in losing and seeing Ballard having made improvements.  This was trash today.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Brown is the whipping dog today because he allowed 1 TD?   How did the Saints score the other 31 pts?

Because he gave up explosive play after explosive play.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is a difference in losing and seeing Ballard having made improvements.  This was trash today.

Because he gave up explosive play after explosive play.

It was trash, but he's not getting fired this offseason. AR has bought him time.

I'm on record saying he should've been fired this offseason. AR has bought him time, yes, but the leash is getting shorter every week.

• Like 1

Lawrence, Stroud in our division and now it looks like Levis is taking over in Tennessee.  AR needs to be the real deal or we are in for a long run of mediocrity I believe.  We are not in a good place right now.  That’s just the reality we are facing.  It’s a shame but all we really have is hope.

• Like 1