Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

Just now, HOZER said:

Pittman had one less catch,  30 more yards, and a touchdown than Pierce, how did he Pierce outplay him? Downs yes. Does anyone pay attention to anything else Pittman does, like block?

some people on here are just anti pittman, because he doesn't fit their prototypical idea of what a WR1 is.

if people want WRs that can't block, then lets hire chuck pagano and grigson again

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

MPJ had two good catches that was it. Downs out played him again, same with Pierce 

Downs is only 88 yards behind MPJ in total yards and has the same amount of TDs.  This isn't hate for MPJ, just praising Downs.  I think by the end of the year, he will be number 1 for our WRs in all categories except maybe total catches.  What a steal.  

Edited by kymd82222
  • Like 1

Did anyone else question whether the running back broke the plane with the football on forth down? The refs surely didn't waste any time on replaying to make sure. A couple of times the flags were picked up for illegal man down field that extended Cleveland drives. With all the contact between a receiver and DB on every play, why not call everyone of them and play 6 hour games instead of deciding ball games in the last two min.

I’ve watched PLENTY of heartbreaking losses with the colts but man….This one is WAY up there. Completely gutted how we lost that game with the refs. The first Flag Cooper INITIATED the contact. Im beyond p****. This game was ours! 

Need a break from watching football the rest of the day. Losing is one thing. Losing like that?? Nah. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AKB said:

it is shocking people are trying to blame shane out of all things to blame

this loss is more on ballard than shane.

Baker JR - TRASH

DT DEPTH - non existent

turnover prone backup QB

There were plenty of veterans DBs they could’ve added this offseason and on other teams but Ballard refused.

4 minutes ago, AKB said:

it is shocking people are trying to blame shane out of all things to blame

this loss is more on ballard than shane.

Baker JR - TRASH

DT DEPTH - non existent

turnover prone backup QB

To be fair we list flowers and Brent’s got injured. When your down that much in a young CB room your in trouble. I still wish he had got a vet.

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

That’s valid at least regarding the sacks, but Minshew coughed up the ball as soon a he was touched - same situation last game. He needs to improve on that. 

I knew that fumble TD would come back to haunt them.  Run the ball and go into Halftime up 21-17 and you get the ball to start the second half.

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

To be fair we list flowers and Brent’s got injured. When your down that much in a young CB room your in trouble. I still wish he had got a vet.

even with flowers, it is still a young, unproven team. we were always gonna struggle at corner, 

just like i said about DT depth, and people wanted to say 'nah we are fine'

is it fine though? I suppose its fine to have no depth in the center of your defense if you want marvin harrison jr, or maybe to have the worst graded outside corner on your team, those things are splendid when you want to draft top 3-5

Just now, BCMak24 said:

This team needs to learn how to close games out that's a major problem

Can't close out a game when the refs throw garbage flags. 

Defense forced a fumble and recovered it with 30 seconds left on the clock. Flags flew over some nonsense call. 

Can't beat the league. 

24 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen has to be better with decisions making because that killed us in the end. Refs wouldn’t of had a chance to do that if better decisions had been made.

Are you REALLY blaming Shane?! I'm just glad to see this offense score points this season!! You put up 38 on the number one defense in the NFL and that's with 4 turnovers in a game that we should've WON against an ANEMIC Brown's offense with a backup qb also. The blocked fg was huge for them also!

The problem is that OUR defense can't close on a regular. So tired of big gashing plays when it's time to make a stop! I will say this the NFL is starting to look like the WWE as in sports ENTERTAINMENT. Whether this is scripted or gambling by the refs is involved it's hard for me to believe that the officiating across the board is THIS bad league wise affecting the outcomes of games on a regular. I'm also starting to question how some gms are building non contending rosters on the yearly too.

• Like 1

Just now, bluephantom87 said:

Are you REALLY blaming Shane?! I'm just glad to see this offense score points this season!! You put up 38 on the number one defense in the NFL and that's with 4 turnovers in a game that we should've WON against an ANEMIC Brown's offense with a backup qb also. The blocked fg was huge for them also!

The problem is that OUR defense can't close on a regular. So tired of big gashing plays when it's time to make a stop! I will say this the NFL is starting to look like the WWE as in sports ENTERTAINMENT. Whether this is scripted or gambling by the refs is involved it's hard for me to believe that the officiating across the board is THIS bad league wise affecting the outcomes of games on a regular. I'm also starting to question how some gms are building non contending rosters on the yearly too.

Good play  calling does not equal situational awareness and decision making.

• Like 1

Just now, Kemisk said:

456 yards with QB2 against one of the best defenses. Can’t turn the ball over. Minshew with 8 turnovers in the last two games. 

same situation as last year, turnover prone QB killing the team

1 minute ago, Dark_Indy said:

Can't close out a game when the refs throw garbage flags. 

Defense forced a fumble and recovered it with 30 seconds left on the clock. Flags flew over some nonsense call. 

Can't beat the league. 

17 points off of turnovers......that's what I'm talking about.....those bad calls wouldn't have mattered if they played better

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s one thing to lose because your just not good enough. Then you can accept that and try to get better players. What makes this worse is we are just giving games away just like last season.

But...you don't care because you weren't going to get emotionally invested this season. Remember?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKB said:

same situation as last year, turnover prone QB killing the team

Yeah. Minshew is also trying to do too much. One of the ints he could have ran for the 1st down but decided to throw the ball across his body. 

42 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

Officiating was bad BUT that defense gave up a 30 and 17 yd pass play plus a couple of more WIDE open middle of the field pass plays on that game winning drive by the Browns!! Gus's defense STINKS!!!!! Made Walker look like Montana on that last drive BEFORE the penalties!!!! Why is Baker still on this roster anyway?

They don't stink, they was gassed lol. People still don't get it. This is not the defence  I want and I am not even hard on Gus. It is Ballard's  preferred defense to run, and he has not given him near the talent to run it. 

28 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Maybe the NFL should work on making officials more accountable for their decisions.......like releasing reports on their calls so it's more clearly understood why they make them! Then everyone could know what they're seeing when they throw a flag on an uncatchable ball.....

Add in fines for horrible calls like they do to players.

Were they covering the spread? I haven't seen that obvious an attempt to influence the outcome of a game in years. Yes, we gave them 10 points at the end of the first half which killed us, but we came back and beat their sorry *, fair and square. The taunting on Pittman was nonsense, but the PI call on the uncatchable ball that put them on the 1-yard line with a first down was nothing short of egregious. So, who made the big bucks on the outcome of this game? 

6 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

No matter how u want to slice it. Once again the defense  crumbles. Everyone wants to blame the O but I say it is the  DNA of this D to fail when the pressure is on

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm no expert, but maybe figure out a way to block Garrett. 

Terrible job of blocking Garrett. Everyone knows he's an elite player, but come on... Not only did he singlehandedly destroy our passing game, he was also constantly stuffing the inside running game. 

24 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Every team has to bend over and take it from the refs during the course of a season....this was our week 

Exactly right. The Ravens didn’t complain about the non- PI call against the Colts , or having eight starters out. We blew that game and had a million other chances. You can’t let it be close enough where the refs will *, because they always will. 

The moral to this whole situation is....  If you have a one score advantage with time running out, if you are the colts and are at home. If the visiting team can't get it done, they will get help from the refs via Vegas. This has been the case several times in the last 10-15 years. This was the most blatant display of rigged outcomes.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Hey ALL - Unfortunately I missed the game today due to a birthday party for my nephew but will watch it later.  After looking at the stats, how the HECK did we lose? We dominated total yards, passing yards, edged them out in rushing yards, had more first downs, dominated 3rd down conversion %, and had more time of possession. Also, looks like in the surface Minshew had a good game, over 300 yards, 2 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs and on 1 pick.  What an I missing? How did we lose?? How did the Browns score so many points with so little offense? It may be obvious to those who saw the game, but I missed it unfortunately.  

Their defense sucked actually.  We scored 38.  And they’re supposed to be the best.  Don’t see it.

• Like 1