Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game reaction

GoColts8818

20 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

If Minshew hadn't crapped the bed today this would've been a game. Are there other things to point fingers at? Of course, but teams only win games while giving away 4 turnovers once in a blue moon.

Yeah Minshew had a bad day against a good defense that’s frankly in a groove right now.  Maybe it was just that and things will get better?  Note better doesn’t mean I think Minshew is going magically turn the offense into an offense that’s ready to get into a shoot out with Patrick Mahomes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

All I'll say is I hope the media tears this team a new one. Same with every commentator that's local and national, and every sports site on tv and the internet. I want Irsay to see the rage from everyone on how embarrassing this game was to watch, how every Colts fan wasted their time today, and how we have to feel about being represented by this garbage on the field.

Yes, I'm emotional and upset right now.

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Because now we don’t even get to see Richardson. Now we get a boring dunk and dunk offense. At least with Richardson the games were exciting. You really want a replay of last season that wasn’t fun to watch.

No, of course not, however it is what it is. I really think the focus now should be on.... :Nuke:

:funny:... I'm kidding. It does suck :dunno:

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Did Reich come back and to coach the colts today.

I get the thought but you just ran wild on a defense last week that is also really good vs the run.  Your strength is your ground game, especially with a backup QB.  I would have made them stop it before I went all in on the pass but maybe that’s just me.  Seems like the Colts might have over thought this one which happens.

• Like 1

Just now, OLD FAN MAN said:

ss decided to kick short for some reason that allowed a big return

Yesterday NFL network replayed the week 1 game vs Jacksonville. I watched it again. 

One thing that stood out to me was, late in the game, the Colts looked like they might come back, until Agnew returned the ball past mid field. One would think Steichen would learn his lesson? It was foolish to kickoff short to him again today. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, a06cc said:

No the hits he took were pretty average hits. Watched Matt Ryan get drilled way worse last season and got back up.

Just a silly comment. On the concussion, he hit his head on the turf. If any player on the team has his head snapped so that it hits the turf they will get a concussion. If anyone has their shoulder driven into the ground there is a good chance of a shoulder injury. This is not injury-prone (ie an injury for no reason) these were football plays in which any player could be injured. 

• Like 2

Just now, 1959Colts said:

Yesterday NFL network replayed the week 1 game vs Jacksonville. I watched it again. 

One thing that stood out to me was, late in the game, the Colts looked like they might come back, until Agnew returned the ball past mid field. One would think Steichen would learn his lesson? It was foolish to kickoff short to him again today. 

100%. You make them stop it. If your Oline is good and you have two studs at RB make them stop you. Don’t just voluntarily don’t do it.

This is more disappointing then anything. We were not creative. Just dropped back and threw .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah Minshew had a bad day against a good defense that’s frankly in a groove right now.  Maybe it was just that and things will get better?  Note better doesn’t mean I think Minshew is going magically turn the offense into an offense that’s ready to get into a shoot out with Patrick Mahomes.

Yup

It's frankly a positive for the team is we scored 20 points WHILST having turnovers. That's an achievement in itself I think. The Jags scored 18 points off those turnovers.

I'm not saying that's the only bad thing this game, but take those out and....

21 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Watched Matt Ryan get drilled way worse last season and got back up.

Matt was an expert on how to not get hurt playing qb in the nfl.  Richardson is a 21 year old rookie that we all knew had things he needed to work on.  This is what the looks like now, he does need to learn how to protect himself and we knew that.

Matt was a lot more experienced when he entered the league and had a ton of experience under his belt last season.  Anthony does need to work on things and thats ok when you are one of the youngest qbs to ever start in the league

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

Just a silly comment. On the concussion, he hit his head on the turf. If any player on the team has his head snapped so that it hits the turf they will get a concussion. If anyone has their shoulder driven into the ground there is a good chance of a shoulder injury. This is not injury-prone (ie an injury for no reason) these were football plays in which any player could be injured. 

Wrong. Seen plenty of players bounce back up from those hits

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Matt was an expert on how to not get hurt playing qb in the nfl.  Richardson is a 21 year old rookie that we all knew had things he needed to work on.  This is what the looks like now, he does need to learn how to protect himself and we knew that.

At age 21 he shouldn’t be this beat up 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, a06cc said:

At age 21 he shouldn’t be this beat up 

Well he is so whats your point?  He has a lot to learn and this is him learning it

He should never be compared to Matt Ryan who was about experienced as you can get and was an expert at avoiding injuries.  You compared one of the most experienced qbs ever to one of the least

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Now we see if he learns or it’s just coach speak. Reich never learned.

I mean the coach can only do so much when it comes to a players play.  Shane did what Frank or any other coach would do, took the heat for his player.  Still it’s ultimately up to Minshew to play better and make better decisions.  Minshew’s quote shows he knows that too but if Minshew keeps playing like today (and for the record his history suggests he won’t) that’s more on Minshew than Shane.

Now if we want to talk game plans to start with that’s a different story…

2 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Well he is so whats your point?  He has a lot to learn and this is him learning it

He should never be compared to Matt Ryan who was about as experienced as you can get when he entered the league and was an expert at avoiding injuries.

Lots to learn? When you came to a franchise to fill in for a young qb who also needed to protect himself… Just stop with the excuses 

2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Lots to learn?

Yes, he is one of the youngest starting qbs in league history.  He does have a lot to learn and this is him learning it.

He should never be compared to Matt Ryan who is among the most experienced QBs in league history.  The Colts knew starting such a young qb would come with risks too

Just now, BlackTiger said:

Yes, he is one of the youngest starting qbs in league history.  He does have a lot to learn and this is him learning it.

He should never be compared to Matt Ryan who is among the most experienced QBs in league history.

I think you’d be better off telling him that AR has reached his ceiling after 4 games in the NFL and will never improve or learn how to avoid hits.  He’ll sleep much better.

• Like 1

Just now, Breeze said:

I think you’d be better off telling him that AR has reached his ceiling after 4 games in the NFL and will never improve or learn how to avoid hits.  He’ll sleep much better.

Yes and no.  I get the idea that AR still has a lot to learn about protecting himself but people can’t have it both ways and say the injury vs the Titans was a freak injury and that’s why he was hurt because no one can take that kind of hit and not hurt their shoulder and then say he will be fine once he learns to take care of himself.  

I stand by what I’ve said before there is very much reason to be cornered about AR’s tendency to get hurt this short into his career.  However, concerned is just that concern.  It’s not panic and you don’t give up on Richardson over it but it does mean that until he proves he can stay healthy you prepare like he can’t, which the Colts did by bringing in a very high end backup QB.  Yes I know today was a bad game from Minshew but I still think he’s what you want as a backup QB and I’d like to see the Colts extend him to continue to be AR’s backup.  

37 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Did Reich come back and to coach the colts today.

Didn't i say the Jags would do this? They were going  to play tight and make it hard to run. It was up to the Colts to back them up. For the last 3 years, the qb, no matter who it was, has not been able to back up the D. The Oline  takes a lot of  heat but they are up against it every game. AR has taken a lot of heat off them with his running ability. Now that they are back to Minshew, I said get ready for a tough patch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Didn't i say the Jags would do this? They were going  to play tight and make it hard to run. It was up to the Colts to back them up. For the last 3 years, the qb, no matter who it was, has not been able to back up the D. The Oline  takes a lot of  heat but they are up against it every game. AR has taken a lot of heat off them with his running ability. Now that they are back to Minshew, I said get ready for a tough patch.

That’s not the point. You melt them stop you before you quit doing it. If they stop it and so be it you try something else. You don’t just stop what you do best.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I stand by what I’ve said before there is very much reason to be cornered about AR’s tendency to get hurt this short into his caree

This comment chain started when someone tried to compare Matt Ryans longevity to Anthony's.  Thats an unfair comparison that shouldnt be made.  

Matt was as experienced as anyone can possibly get and AR is literally one of the least experienced nfl qbs ever.  We need to give him time to learn before declaring hes not going to make it.  A shoulder sprain is not a career ender

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

This comment chain started when someone tried to compare Matt Ryans longevity to Anthony's.  Thats an unfair comparison that shouldnt be made.  

Matt was as experienced as anyone can possibly get and AR is literally one of the least experienced nfl qbs ever.  We need to give him time to learn before declaring hes not going to make it.  A shoulder sprain is not a career ender

People have been debating AR’s health in this thread long before that comment.  I don’t think most who have concerns about the injuries he’s taken really feels like AR’s career is over or that means he’s not going to make it.  I think most that have concerns about it are just going hey this is a potential warning sign that shouldn’t be ignored or just dismissed.  

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Browns defense is much better then jags. Sunday won’t be pretty. 

this might be a good thing . listen with minshew we have zero chance of making the super bowl so i rather get a premium wr in the top ten and then have a high second round pick for a corner .   i dont feel like the roster is that far off from being good .   add a true number 1 wr and good corner i think we are a playoff team  with richardson .

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes and no.  I get the idea that AR still has a lot to learn about protecting himself but people can’t have it both ways and say the injury vs the Titans was a freak injury and that’s why he was hurt because no one can take that kind of hit and not hurt their shoulder and then say he will be fine once he learns to take care of himself.  

I stand by what I’ve said before there is very much reason to be cornered about AR’s tendency to get hurt this short into his career.  However, concerned is just that concern.  It’s not panic and you don’t give up on Richardson over it but it does mean that until he proves he can stay healthy you prepare like he can’t, which the Colts did by bringing in a very high end backup QB.  Yes I know today was a bad game from Minshew but I still think he’s what you want as a backup QB and I’d like to see the Colts extend him to continue to be AR’s backup.  

I’ll buy that, but…all injuries are a fraction of a second from the body being in a different position that would have resulted in no injury.  The key is to statistically bring down the odds of any injury occurring.  If AR learns to NOT take on 2 players and immediately go down, then we’re not even talking about this.  He finishes the game, moves on to another week, and everybody talks about whatever occurred today.  All QBs are injury prone if they repeatedly put themselves in those positions, which AR has.  He’s walked away from most of the hits, but statistically, the odds aren’t good.  He can still run, but he should not be out there trying take on defenders and/or breaking tackles. 

7 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

this might be a good thing . listen with minshew we have zero chance of making the super bowl so i rather get a premium wr in the top ten and then have a high second round pick for a corner .   i dont feel like the roster is that far off from being good .   add a true number 1 wr and good corner i think we are a playoff team  with richardson .

Playoff experience no matter if it’s the superbowl is important.