Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chappell reports sprained AC joint for Richardson (MERGE)

GoColts8818

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This must be how Bengal fans felt after Burroe tore his acl. The good news I believe the went to the SB the following year.

Not entirely. We were coming off a horrible season and we had won only two games I think up to that point in the season anyway. It was awful to see that happen to him, but that season was toast already. It wasn’t like this year, where the Colts actually look like division contenders. The good thing with Burrow’s ACL is that we got Chase out of it with that high draft pick.

Having watched videos of Burrow’s recovery process from the ACL tear however, it looked grueling and incredibly painful. Seeing things like that can make you understand why guys like Luck just hang it up sooner rather than later; at some point, the pain just isn’t worth it.

Our season expectations have been already exceeded with three wins. (Last year we only won 4 games) AR is not lost for the season and Minshew is more than adequate to lead this team to more wins. AR will learn from the sidelines while Steichen will design more plays involving our strength:  Running and TE.  We lead the division and our chances of getting into the playoffs is good. I believe we have the right coaching staff and HC, but most important so does the players. This team is not all based on ONE player, even less a rookie QB. Let us celebrate our win and breaking the Titan streak.  Beat the Jags in Jax.  Go Colts!!!

• Like 1

Good news here is Oline has played well and we can run the ball even when Minshew is at QB. If Minshew can win some games there will be no hurry to get Richardson back until he is 100%. The schedule is also pretty easy. Might not be exciting as with Richardson but we should be able to win some games. Minshew isn’t a statue he can move a little. You can still do some bootlegs with him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Good news here is Oline has played well and we can run the ball even when Minshew is at QB. If Minshew can win some games there will be no hurry to get Richardson back until he is 100%. The schedule is also pretty easy.

Jags, Browns, and Saints have all looked like world-beaters at some points, and then pretty weak at other points. That will be the tough part. Bucs, Pats, and Panthers are not good teams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

we know what Minshew is.

I feel comfortable saying hes better than Sam, I doubt he'd surpass him but of course its possible.

Gardner has been pretty efficient this year, hes hitting about 68%.  Doesnt have the biggest arm but neither does Sam.

Seems like we stall a bit in the red zone with Gardner while Richarsdson was running it in from there. 

We are not the Colts of last year. Our wins this year creates confidence in me tht Steichen knows how to design plays to maximize their existing talents. Meanwhile, Ballard keeps adding new talent like JK Hamler. We have Jelani Woods on the back burner, and a happy and healthy JT.  I feel optimistic as a Colt fan.  I really like the Steichen/Minshew combination and the OL improvement.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No but they don’t seem to have too hard of a schedule.

Yeah. I agree. I think, this year, we will have more trouble against high powered passing offenses with seasoned QBs.

Seems like we match up better against more conservative "hard nosed" type teams.

Just now, 1959Colts said:

Yeah. I agree. I think, this year, we will have more trouble against high powered passing offenses with seasoned QBs.

Seems like we match up better against more conservative "hard nosed" type teams.

Seems we played the best QB early. Still have burrow and Lawrence but none of these games say no way they can’t win. Bengals are probably the toughest QB matchup left.

4 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

We are not the Colts of last year. Our wins this year creates confidence in me tht Steichen knows how to design plays to maximize their existing talents. Meanwhile, Ballard keeps adding new talent like JK Hamler. We have Jelani Woods on the back burner, and a happy and healthy JT.  I feel optimistic as a Colt fan.  I really like the Steichen/Minshew combination and the OL improvement.

With Cox sidelined, I hope to see either Woods, or Will Mallory again. both can provide a spark to the passing game.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seems we played the best QB early. Still have burrow and Lawrence but none of these games say no way they can’t win. Bengals are probably the toughest QB matchup left.

The Saints with Carr will probably be a struggle for us too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I found an article but it is long. It goes in depth about injuries. The author is a doctor in physical therapy and he said shoulder injuries are the most prevalent. I did not realize that. Anyway, here is the article.

https://www.fantasypoints.com/nfl/articles/season/2021/mobile-quarterbacks-and-injury-rates#/

Am I missing something or doesn’t that article show that injuries outside the pocket at more than twice the rate of in the pocket injuries?

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Probably Mallory. Not sure what is going to happen with woods since fox injury is most likely just a one game thing.  

Pretty sure it's safe to say Cox will miss the Jags game. One of those two TEs (Mallory or Woods) should be active. If it is Mallory, he might be a good target for Minshew. Love what I have seen from Ogletree. but IMO, thus far, Cox and Kylen
Granson have been a bit underwhelming as receivers.

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Pretty sure it's safe to say Cox will miss the Jags game. One of those two TEs (Mallory or Woods) should be active. If it is Mallory, he might be a good target for Minshew. Love what I have seen from Ogletree. but IMO, thus far, Cox and Kylen
Granson have been a bit underwhelming as receivers.

Woods hadn’t even practiced. I doubt they would open the 21 day window and play him right away. We are ok at TE. That’s one position where they have all contributed and will be fine.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Also hopefully Bradley blitzes the heck out of Watson because colts always had success on the past by blitzing him.

I'm sure Watson will kill us too. If we blitz, as I remember, he always finds a way to just swivel his hips and miraculously escape anyways.

6 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Am I missing something or doesn’t that article show that injuries outside the pocket at more than twice the rate of in the pocket injuries?

I thought so too until I read the whole article. I will read it again after I am off from work.

The point was that QBs that run are not more likely to get injur d than those that don't.

27 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bucs are pretty good.

I’ll take your word for it. I talk as if I know a ton about each team, but I’m really just going off of the limited amount I’ve seen of each team lol. I saw the Bucs get shellacked by the Eagles a couple weeks ago and assumed they were bad.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Don't see the point in watching anymore. While I acknowledged Minshew looked good yesterday, there's only two reasons to watch him for the next month or more if you're a fan. 1.) If you think he has a chance to be our starting QB one day over Richardson or 2.) You want to help win enough games with him to make the playoffs and that's all you're rooting for with him until Richardson returns later in the year. 

This goes back to the situation where now, instead of Richardson's development, the only thing I really care about is the win now with Minshew. There's other player development, but it'll be stunted because the offense won't be as explosive. The only selling point is if we win, it may help us make the playoffs down the road when we get Richardson back. 

Feel bad for Richardson, feel bad for Steichen and Ballard for having to put up with this garbage, bad luck. I feel bad for all the fans who paid good money to see these games that have to go through this again. I don't care if Minshew is a solid, high-end backup. What's the point in investing in watching 4 or more games with him as the starting QB when he's not the long-term starter, and he may not even be on this team past this year? The only reason to care is to win for the long-term. It's not good enough of a reason for me. 

You have your Broncos with Russell Wilson to fall back on.

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Woods hadn’t even practiced. I doubt they would open the 21 day window and play him right away. We are ok at TE. That’s one position where they have all contributed and will be fine.

Not saying we have a need there. I simply would like to see more of what Mallory can do. In the limited snaps he has had, he was a factor in the receiving game. We need a dependable guy like Jack Doyle... Cox and Grandson have played extensively, yet neither has really looked to me as a "go to option" in say a critical 3rd down situation. One of our biggest weakness is lack of sure handed receivers that can get open

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Stop being positive or you'll never fit in here. You need to be all gloom and doom and be on board with the 3 year rebuild philosophy.

I do agree with you BTW.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Go look at the injuries. I saw. Tweet last week and every one was a pocket QB.  It was a list of QB injuries. Not just pocket passsers.  Top five was all pocket passsers.

To your point, Daniel Jones left his game yesterday with a neck injury. He was injured as he was sacked in the pocket. He had a similar injury two years ago.

Van Ginkel flew off the edge virtually untouched by left tackle Joshua Ezeudu and hit Jones in the back. Jones' body curled up as he went to the ground.

Daniel Jones injury

• Like 1