Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Titans at Colts plus injury reports

Absolutely SHOULD get after Tannehill in this game. No excuses not to with their porous OL. Need our outside corners and safeties to also come up big to shut down Hopkins and their average WRs at best. Also really hoping Kelly and Raimann are back as the Titans DL is legit.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen said he wasn’t injured it was just the rotation when asked.  He was asked point blank.

weird... and Bradley said Leonard saw limited snaps due to the Rams offensive scheme

Maybe he pulled his groin today? during the walkthrough?

6 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Absolutely SHOULD get after Tannehill in this game. No excuses not to with their porous OL. Need our outside corners and safeties to also come up big to shut down Hopkins and their average WRs at best. Also really hoping Kelly and Raimann are back as the Titans DL is legit.

I still don’t understand why they didn’t go after a lame Stafford more.  I know they were probably afraid of the depleted secondary giving up big plays.  But they did that anyway.  

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I still don’t understand why they didn’t go after a lame Stafford more.  I know they were probably afraid of the depleted secondary giving up big plays.  But they did that anyway.  

They tried the blitzes were getting picked up.  Credit where credit is due the Rams protection really stepped up late in that game. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

First time in a long time, they are healthier than us.  

I saw this AM they are getting two starting OL back this week when we remain injured on the DL.  Not good.  

Means we have to come out scoring

9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Means we have to come out scoring

Yes. Into the 3rd qtr last week, the game was looking a lot like we did under Frank Reich. Slow starts... Where we defer the coin toss, then the other team marches down the field methodically for a td. Then we get the ball, our drive stalls, and we punt ( or we turn it over?)... Repeat.

Next thing you know we are down 21 - O

AR 5 was great leading us back, but certainly can not be expected to do this week in, week out.

Last year’s game, JT carried 20 times for 40 yards. Titan’s are a better team at this point. I look forward to AR throwing and him running up to 40 times this game with Granson, Ogletree having big games. Huge game because it’s the next one, Home field (8) losses in a row and Titan’s have beaten us 5 straight. Game will be decided in the trenches and the turnover battle. Everyone understands what we have to do to win, start fast and get the Advantage and play 4 great quarters of football! I’m so over the Titans! 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Last year’s game, JT carried 20 times for 40 yards. Titan’s are a better team at this point. I look forward to AR throwing and him running up to 40 times this game with Granson, Ogletree having big games. Huge game because it’s the next one, Home field (8) losses in a row and Titan’s have beaten us 5 straight. Game will be decided in the trenches and the turnover battle. Everyone understands what we have to do to win, start fast and get the Advantage and play 4 great quarters of football! I’m so over the Titans! 

I hope we get Ogletree involved early with some deep plays to open up the defense. 

23 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Defiantly need to blitz more. Tannehill won’t handle blitz’s well.

I still don't understand why people/teams want to do this. Tannehill has the pocket awareness and escape ability of a newborn. 

Stacking the box and blitzing only leads to one things, explosive plays. Tannehill is more than willing to let you beat his face in to get a pass off and is top tier in throwing deep. In the run game the last thing you want is Henry getting past the first line of defenders with only one guy in the secondary to beat. You may give up more consistent yardage but force us to move the field don't let us do it in chunks, it's what we do best.

• Thanks 1