Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF Scores **Updated, complete team scores Page 2**

Peter Nova

30 minutes ago, Peter Nova said:

Firstly, great game yesterday and if your not optimistic after yesterdays game, that's on you. 

So, could someone post top 5 and lowest rated 5 Colts from yesterdays game. I was unable to watch.

Lastly, how did B. Raimann play at LT?

Thanks

Haven't released full grades yet, but 2 Colts made week 1 All PFF team

Buckner 

Franklin

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-1-pff-team-of-the-week-player-awards-2023

• Like 8

Missed the last few minutes, but it seemed to me the oline was solid in pass protection. The sacks seemed to be more of AR not being able to find anybody. Run blocking was bad though obviously, but if they can protect AR like this game, I'd be happy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Nova said:

Firstly, great game yesterday and if your not optimistic after yesterdays game, that's on you. 

So, could someone post top 5 and lowest rated 5 Colts from yesterdays game. I was unable to watch.

Lastly, how did B. Raimann play at LT?

Thanks

Haven’t won an opener for a decade. The Colts lost again so not a great game in my mind. Moral victories will get nothing. Will things get better certainly hope so, but just start winning and stop the great losses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Haven’t won an opener for a decade. The Colts lost again so not a great game in my mind. Moral victories will get nothing. Will things get better certainly hope so, but just start winning and stop the great losses. 

Be ready for a long season. Only thing we can hope for this year are moral victories. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I don't think anyone expects to see a lot or more W than L this season. All I want to see is progress at the QB position and a few young players getting experience. I wait until 2024 for sour grapes. . Richardson has exceeded my exceptions, and only after playing 13 college games. Be patient and enjoy the season for what it is. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

LOL, Franklin was "random" drug tested after his monster game yesterday.  NFL be like "Hey, how did you get that good??!", haha.

Franklin is looking good. I love how well he has developed. Him and Grover are great stories.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Peter Nova said:

I don't think anyone expects to see a lot or more W than L this season. All I want to see is progress at the QB position and a few young players getting experience. I wait until 2024 for sour grapes. . Richardson has exceeded my exceptions, and only after playing 13 college games. Be patient and enjoy the season for what it is. 

I just don’t get it at this time. The Colts were something like 2-12 on third downs and didn’t push the ball downfield yesterday. Until that improves, hard to get excited about Richardson at this point. Hope he can consistently do it in the near future.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I just don’t get it at this time. The Colts were something like 2-12 on third downs and didn’t push the ball downfield yesterday. Until that improves, hard to get excited about Richardson at this point. Hope he can consistently do it in the near future.

I think SS is trying to bring AR5 along really slowly.  I believe it was mentioned that he said the Jags were playing to take away the deep threat? Could be that he didn't want to call many downfield plays to prevent AR5 from throwing into certain coverages?  Stay with the short intermediate throws and gain some confidence.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

WOW!  Lol. Maybe Braden played so bad because he was trying to block for Fries too lol

Good to see Top Raimann putting up a respectable grade.

idk, the eye test says to me the line looked bad but pff says outside of fries we were solid.  Idk what to make of it.  We played a tough defense so hopefully against a weak one with the Texans we’ll see something different.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

SHEESH!  Speed with the 94 and Franklin with the 92?!  When Maniaq get back to being him, our linebackers going to eat good.

the duo of buck and Grover is going to be something to behold.

good to see kwitty putting up respectable grades, he just has to stay healthy

and I believe Granson and downs grades.  Once Jacksonville keyed in on them, they were gone.  They’re young, so they’re going to have to figure out how to still impact the game when the defense figures them out.  That will help the rest of the offense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

WOW!  Lol. Maybe Braden played so bad because he was trying to block for Fries too lol

idk, the eye test says to me the line looked bad but pff says outside of fries we were solid.  Idk what to make of it.  We played a tough defense so hopefully against a weak one with the Texans we’ll see something different.

Well pass blocking was solid.  Run blocking grades are not great.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well pass blocking was solid.  Run blocking grades are not great.

yeah, I didn’t see the other tweet that showed both.  Makes much more sense now lol. And honestly with AR and his ability to not get sacked, I don’t want to put too much into those pass blocking grades either

2 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Here is the breakdown between pass and run block.

Bingo!!! Everyone saw that the run blocking was inferior to our pass blocking. We do have to give credit to the Jaguars' run D though but the low grades for our offensive skill position players can be a combination of scheme and talent, hopefully that improves.

@2006Coltsbestever if you want to pick an upset next week, I would suggest putting money on the Jaguars at home taking out the Chiefs. I have a good feeling that happens till Kelce is 100% and the Chiefs pass catchers make huge leaps. They are currently missing JuJu, clearly. Toney, Skyy Moore, rookie Rice, preseason darling Justyn Ross, I don't see any of them step up to the level necessary to win on the road.

Heck, Blake Bortles, in an early season victory, took down Tom Brady at home, it is very hard to win at Jacksonville (duh, we should know :)). Now, they actually have a team and AFC No. 1 seeding might come down to this early season game. Chiefs go 0-2 and then go on a streak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I think SS is trying to bring AR5 along really slowly.  I believe it was mentioned that he said the Jags were playing to take away the deep threat? Could be that he didn't want to call many downfield plays to prevent AR5 from throwing into certain coverages?  Stay with the short intermediate throws and gain some confidence.

Maybe without Paris Campbell there isn’t a deep threat receiver on the roster.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

@2006Coltsbestever if you want to pick an upset next week, I would suggest putting money on the Jaguars at home taking out the Chiefs. I have a good feeling that happens till Kelce is 100% and the Chiefs pass catchers make huge leaps. They are currently missing JuJu, clearly. Toney, Skyy Moore, rookie Rice, preseason darling Justyn Ross, I don't see any of them step up to the level necessary to win on the road.

Heck, Blake Bortles, in an early season victory, took down Tom Brady at home, it is very hard to win at Jacksonville (duh, we should know :)). Now, they actually have a team and AFC No. 1 seeding might come down to this early season game. Chiefs go 0-2 and then go on a streak.

Juju is on patriots now

2 hours ago, smittywerb said:

Smith wasn’t “credited” with at least one sack he let through, possibly two. I believe pff made a boo boo. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Fries with a 55.4 grade is atrocious, and other posters said I overreacted when I mentioned how god awful he looked yesterday. 

He got a 64 for pass blocking. If he is a 64 and the worst- and AR still was under pressure, I’m guessing the receivers weren’t open and it wasn’t the OL?

I drive a truck, so I only heard the radio broadcast, didn’t see any of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

I had the guts to put $50 on the Browns. Reason why I did it, I just figured Burrow would be rusty and for some reason he always struggles against the Browns. The Cowboys bet was relaxing lmao 

1 hour ago, jimmy g said:

He got a 64 for pass blocking. If he is a 64 and the worst- and AR still was under pressure, I’m guessing the receivers weren’t open and it wasn’t the OL?

I drive a truck, so I only heard the radio broadcast, didn’t see any of it.

The line pass protected well all game. Sacks came from holding ball too long or scrambling out of bounds behind LOS.

I think Raimann is going to be an elite level LT in due time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtsLegacy said:

The line pass protected well all game. Sacks came from holding ball too long or scrambling out of bounds behind LOS.

I think Raimann is going to be an elite level LT in due time.

About 1:10 into the game Smith got instantly smoked for a quick sack, and early into the 3rd quarter and even with a bump from the TE Smith allowed another sack from behind. AR ripped himself away from another sack when Smith was quickly beaten.

Re-watching, I agree that the pass Pro was generally solid, though they did blitz a number of times running free to AR. He was well prepared and made several really nice throws in  blitz situations.

And I too believe Raimann's ceiling is Very high.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Smith wasn’t “credited” with at least one sack he let through, possibly two. I believe pff made a boo boo. 

Smith was having a go of it but i will say this.....he was often times matching up w Allen, who was an absolute game wrecker yesterday. Allen ended up w a top-10 Edge grade for the week at 86.9. So Smith had his hands full and had to also deal w the least reliable and least effective member of our line playing beside him too. 

I will also say this, on at least one of the sacks he "allowed" he did a great job of running the defender (Walker) off and past where Richardson was set up. AR should have been able to step up and dump it off.  Instead the defender looped around to complete the sack. Braden did his job and it still resulted in a sack. That is probably the type of play PFF doesn't ding him for. 

The potential is high for this unit if they can just settle RG. But I am not very hopeful about that since we have known that all off-season and have not seen moves made.

Maybe Sills can be an answer, but I am not sure. 

And there is a complete and total void of quality OL play across the league. So many teams are hurting for OL talent, so there is not much just hanging out there to solve issues sadly. 

Note: this is the video of the Walker sack on Braden.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/travon-walker-flies-past-braden-smith-to-sack-richardson

No way this is on Braden. The ball is snapped from the 19. He runs Walker past the QB back at the 8 yard line back 11 yards behind the line of scrimmage. At that point (6 second mark) Richardson steps up and has a WIDE OPEN RB in the flat to his left with no defender within 15 yards. He also has another WIDE OPEN receiver across the middle at the 24 with no defender within at least 8 yards. You do not get more wide open for either dump off. And yet he took a sack there. That is stuff that will be cleaned up in time. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

About 1:10 into the game Smith got instantly smoked for a quick sack, and early into the 3rd quarter and even with a bump from the TE Smith allowed another sack from behind. AR ripped himself away from another sack when Smith was quickly beaten.

Re-watching, I agree that the pass Pro was generally solid, though they did blitz a number of times running free to AR. He was well prepared and made several really nice throws in  blitz situations.

And I too believe Raimann's ceiling is Very high.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/braden-smith/46794

Braden Smith was not credited with giving up any sacks yesterday.

Also according to the official play by play Richardson was only “sacked” twice in the second half and both of those were the plays where he tried to scramble and just ran out of bounds.  losing no yards on one and one yard on the other.  Yes they count as sacks but I don’t think those are the sacks that bother anyone and what you have live with if you have a QB like Richardson.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay/_/gameId/401547404

9 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

Smith was having a go of it but i will say this.....he was often times matching up w Allen, who was an absolute game wrecker yesterday. Allen ended up w a top-10 Edge grade for the week at 86.9. So Smith had his hands full and had to also deal w the least reliable and least effective member of our line playing beside him too. 

I will also say this, on at least one of the sacks he "allowed" he did a great job of running the defender (Walker) off and past where Richardson was set up. AR should have been able to step up and dump it off.  Instead the defender looped around to complete the sack. Braden did his job and it still resulted in a sack. That is probably the type of play PFF doesn't ding him for. 

The potential is high for this unit if they can just settle RG. But I am not very hopeful about that since we have known that all off-season and have not seen moves made.

Maybe Sills can be an answer, but I am not sure. 

And there is a complete and total void of quality OL play across the league. So many teams are hurting for OL talent, so there is not much just hanging out there to solve issues sadly. 

Note: this is the video of the Walker sack on Braden.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/travon-walker-flies-past-braden-smith-to-sack-richardson

No way this is on Braden. The ball is snapped from the 19. He runs Walker past the QB back at the 8 yard line back 11 yards behind the line of scrimmage. At that point (6 second mark) Richardson steps up and has a WIDE OPEN RB in the flat to his left with no defender within 15 yards. He also has another WIDE OPEN receiver across the middle at the 24 with no defender within at least 8 yards. You do not get more wide open for either dump off. And yet he took a sack there. That is stuff that will be cleaned up in time. 

Agree.  I didn’t like just gambling on Fries developing.  You would have thought they would have learned their lesson on that with Pinter last year and brought in at least a serviceable vet to back up Fries if nothing else and take over if needed.  I understand all five guys can’t be pro bowl level so I was fine with not breaking the bank for a star guard but I would have liked to have seen a vet like Chris Reed a couple of years ago added.

• Like 1