Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Jags post game thread

GoColts8818

2 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Drake is better than Jackson. Career 4.5 carry, seldom fumbles. Hunt available. They would have helped Colts win today. I won’t concede that small improvements don’t matter.  

Well Ballard and most Colts fans who watched the pre-season disagreed.

I also said I wouldn’t be shocked if Hunt was brought in.  I am not saying they shouldn’t try to get better.  I am just saying more happened today to lead to the Colts being in the position they were in at running back than Ballard just ignoring the running back position.

Can we agree on that?  If we do then I really have no issue with wanting improvement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well Ballard and most Colts fans who watched the pre-season disagreed.

I also said I wouldn’t be shocked if Hunt was brought in.  I am not saying they shouldn’t try to get better.  I am just saying more happened today to lead to the Colts being in the position they were in at running back than Ballard just ignoring the running back position.

Can we agree on that?  If we do then I really have no issue with wanting improvement.

Agreed, sir! Go Colts! 

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yep if nothing else the Colts are going to be run to watch which is an improvement over last year.  

I am just looking for good adjustments and learning from week to week. We should be able to beat Texans if this defense plays like today. They made Lawrence look average. Imagine what a rookie QB will do. Colts are a better team then Texans. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am just looking for good adjustments and learning from week to week. We should be able to beat Texans if this defense plays like today. They made Lawrence look average. Imagine what a rookie QB will do. Colts are a better team then Texans. 

Well the offense has to play like what we saw in the first half today and not what we saw after halftime too.  That’s going to happen with a rookie QB, it’s going to be up and down, but the offense can’t just go three and out all game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Very disappointed in Steichen. Up 21-17 with ball at midfield and huge momentum after fourth down stop and we call run by Jackson who stinks and run by a practice squad guy. Predictably 3rd and long. Have to punt, special teams collapse and Jax TD. Ballgame. Horrible play calling. 

How long has Bubba been gone? Seems like our ST have sucked since he's been gone.   Rigo seemed to have a bad game imo.

It was about what I expected it to be. 

Hopefully Richardson isn’t injured.

Jackson was not my favorite today at all. Hopefully Hull doesn’t miss any time. 

I don’t mind the 4th down decisions, but I was not impressed with the play calling there. 

There was enough to be encouraged with today. 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well the offense has to play like what we saw in the first half today and not what we saw after halftime too.  That’s going to happen with a rookie QB, it’s going to be up and down, but the offense can’t just go three and out all game.

I think Steichen was a little to blame for the offense getting stagnant. We will see how he improves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KB said:

They played well for 3.5 quarters. Pierce invisible today. Richardson is playing better than expected. The interception was more of a good play by the defender than a bad pass from Richardson. Biggest thing for him is to limit how often he throws high.

If he would of lobbed the pass (not sure if he can do that) I think that int. would have been a completion.

Just now, Chucklez said:

I think the Colts as an organisation lost some negotiating ground with Taylor today.

Look me in the eye and tell me we don't win that game if Taylor was playing.

They did. Taylor gained some leverage.

Just now, compuls1v3 said:

If he would of lobbed the pass (not sure if he can do that) I think that int. would have been a completion.

Steichens play calling with 6 minutes left wasn’t very good when that int happened.

Just now, Chucklez said:

I think the Colts as an organisation lost some negotiating ground with Taylor today.

Potentially. It all depends on the cost, as it always has.

Is losing one game where Taylor COULD have made a difference enough to justify the hit to our cap when we have so many other offensive needs?

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

Idk why everyone is impressed. AR was inaccurate(as expected) but all his passes were dump offs. Idk why that’s all his throws were. When he threw more then 10 yards all his balls are way to high. He had a dump off in the beginning of the game that was even super high luckily the te caught it. Decision making was good but I was expecting them to have him actually trying to throw down field more. Didn’t expect a win but that game was so winnable it hurlers even more knowing that. Does the line suck or is it just our rbs?

Everyone is blaming the backs but I didnt see many holes.  The fumbles were on the backs though.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

If your profile pic is your actual photograph I’m not sure I can look you in both eyes at the same time. Lol

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

Idk why everyone is impressed. AR was inaccurate(as expected) but all his passes were dump offs. Idk why that’s all his throws were. When he threw more then 10 yards all his balls are way to high. He had a dump off in the beginning of the game that was even super high luckily the te caught it. Decision making was good but I was expecting them to have him actually trying to throw down field more. Didn’t expect a win but that game was so winnable it hurlers even more knowing that. Does the line suck or is it just our rbs?

What game were you watching AR set.  Was over 60% completion. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

This team needs JT or a back with a similar skill set. If Taylor plays we probably win that game. You need to be able to run the ball between the tackles to win in this league.

This team needs a qb that has the a ability to throw deep and make the defence play off. We haven't had that for ever even  going back to Brissett.

4 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Are you saying if it was more of a high arc? I could feel that. It was still a good play by the DB. It wasn't a pre accuracy type of interception 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

This team needs a qb that has the a ability to throw deep and make the defence play off. We haven't had that for ever even  going back to Brissett.

Richardson already has one of the best arms in the league. Throwing deep is also on the playcalling and OL. But you can’t set up the deep passing game if you have no run game.