Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts agree to extension of

csmopar

12 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

And he's making more than Taylor !!!

Taylor when he found out

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

The NFL's highest paid long snapper and highest paid free kicker ever, now both making more than Taylor.

That doesn't concern me too much, but I'd much rather have wide receivers and cornerbacks worthy of being paid among the highest at their positions.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

WTH is going on... why do we have Guards and kickers and long snappers as the highest paid in the league haha

They don't have the top paid Guard or the top paid kicker(this year or AAV). $1.54m is top paid LS this season currently, he might pass that number. He was 12th highest paid LS prior to deal.

Lindstrom>Nelson(4th highest paid Guard this year) (2nd in AAV)

Tucker>Gay(11th highest paid kicker this year)(2nd in AAV)

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

But the Colts won four games…

in all seriousness this is the equivalent of pocket change to NFL teams to keep one of the best in the league at his position (he was all pro in 2021).  Good deal.

$1.61m AAV

$500k over league minimum, not a big deal at all.

Really just getting him some guaranteed money. Had none on his current deal. Solid score for him, to secure one last bag in his career.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, w87r said:

$1.61m AAV

$500k over league minimum, not a big deal at all.

Really just getting him some guaranteed money. Had none on his current deal. Solid score for him, to secure one last bag in his career.

In the real world, it’s still a ton of money to snap a football and not get hit. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 1:19 PM, BeanDiasucci said:

The NFL's highest paid long snapper and highest paid free kicker ever, now both making more than Taylor.

That doesn't concern me too much, but I'd much rather have wide receivers and cornerbacks worthy of being paid among the highest at their positions.

Rhodes is not making more than Taylor.   Gay is, but not by a lot.   

FWIW,  Taylor makes $4.3m this year.  

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Rhodes is not making more than Taylor.   Gay is, but not by a lot.   

FWIW,  Taylor makes $4.3m this year.  

Gay is only making $3.08m this year, against the cap. He does get $9.08m cash in pocket this season though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Gay is only making $3.08m this year, against the cap. He does get $9.08m cash in pocket this season though.

Thanks for the accurate 411. 

Im sure you understand….   I was only going by the Ave Per Year, which I thought was $5.6m.   I think Gay’s deal is roughly 4/22+.   But on a year by year basis, your way is even more accurate.     Thanks again. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 3:03 PM, Blueblood23 said:

And now Taylor is really boiling. 

Maybe not...... maybe the Colts, JT, and his future team all know the outcome of this saga and all parties involved are satisfied with it? 

Some think  the games are scripted like that NFL commercial joking about it..... So if the season is, why not the off season too? :funny:

• Like 1