Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most affordable and LEGAL way to watch Colts games for out of market fans

kymd82222

16 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Ha.   While I did have some beers watching that awesome game last night.

Anyway  Huckle Bearer is the original term for pall bearer.    Most people think it Huckleberry   

I decided to play a game where I drank a Michelob Ultra every time a Chiefs WR dropped a pass. I was feelin' pretty good by the 4th quarter LOL.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Ha.   While I did have some beers watching that awesome game last night.

Anyway  Huckle Bearer is the original term for pall bearer.    Most people think it Huckleberry   

The first half was amazing.  Going for it on their own 17 was sick!

For the second half I was in dream land.

Love the Hucklebearer term.  I'm a big fan of etymology and phraseology if that is a word.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I decided to play a game where I drank a Michelob Ultra every time a Chiefs WR dropped a pass. I was feelin' pretty good by the 4th quarter LOL.

Here's a game NOT to play - Take a drink every time Collingsworth says "I gotta tell you".  Your wife would be calling for an EMT by the second quarter.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-youtube-and-youtube-tv-are-only-place-to-subscribe-to-sunday-ticket

YouTube and YouTube TV are only place to subscribe to Sunday Ticket

...On Friday morning, the NFL issued a clear, unambiguous reminder of that fact.

“YouTube and YouTube TV are the only place to go for fans at home wanting to subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket,” NFL executive vice president of communications Jeff Miller said in a statement. “We are aware of consumer confusion resulting from advertising in the marketplace. The NFL wants its millions of fans to know where to get NFL Sunday Ticket and that we stand against deceptive advertising.”

The deceptive advertising to which Miller refers is, indeed, the commercials from DirecTV in which Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce says, “DirecTV Sports Central gives you access to every game.”

The NFL, we’re told, is concerned that this campaign has confused NFL fans and consumers. How can DirecTV offer access to every game if it no longer offers Sunday Ticket?

...Bottom line. If you’re thinking about subscribing to Sunday Ticket, YouTube and YouTube TV are the two services that directly provide it for in-home use...

...DirecTV still has a relationship with the NFL, making Sunday Ticket available to bars and restaurants.

On 9/7/2023 at 12:28 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have Uverse and they can't come to agreement with Nexstar. Fox and CBS are currently not available. That is what most the games are on. They are about to lose half their customers, tons of people are mad about it. A bunch of greedy millionaires fighting over 2 channels. Angry Homer Simpson GIF by FOX TV. If they don't come to an agreement by Friday, I am canceling Uverse and going to Xfinity. I guess they have received 1000's of calls regarding this. Homie isn't playing that game.

Yep, I have UVerse coming over shortly. I am done with it, so I have to use my phone to post here shortly until tomorrow. Sorry about their luck! I have already called Xfinity, they will be here tomorrow. Xfinity is giving me all the local channels = Fox, CBS, ABC, WTHR + I have will have ESPN 1 and 2, my Cubs Channel, NFL network Channel, NBA network Channel, MLB network Channel, The Fox channel that the Pacers play on, and just the key basic cable like TBS, TNT, TruTV - great channel, CNN News, Fox News, Weather Channel, etc.. for just 150 a month. + lightning Internet speed!

Mess with Homer, you get the horns Homer Simpson Smile GIF

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

I have DirecTV with Indy as my local stations. However channel  4(cbs) and 59 (fox) are in contract dispute and are not being broadcast :flaming::argh:

Yep see my above post, I have UVerse, same thing as DirecTV. I am even paying them 200 dollars a month for the channels I have, their loss. I live in Indianapolis and can't even watch the Colts because of UVerse and Nexstar being babies. I am going with Xfinity. See above.

On 9/4/2023 at 8:14 PM, Smonroe said:

Here are four LEGAL items:

Firestick (around $50) with the following apps

Paramount Plus App (between $5-12/ month)

Fox app - free

VPN -  anywhere from free to $5/month. Make sure it has the right locations.

I’m reiterating, these are all legal.  Do your research.  

We talked about this a few weeks ago.  I had no idea Paramount had CBS.  That’s even a little cheaper than NFL+ and VPN.  Of course you'll get NFL Network and primetime games with NFL+.

It's getting easier than it was a few years ago, that's for sure.  

• Like 1

Ok, I've seen some mention the Paramount+ app. Paramount+ is offered as part of the walmart+ account. I haven't tried it yet. Does paramount+ offer live sports games? Would I bet able to watch Colts games with paramount if they are not on my local channel here? I guess I'm just kind of confused as to how it works.  LOL.

2 hours ago, JlynRN said:

Ok, I've seen some mention the Paramount+ app. Paramount+ is offered as part of the walmart+ account. I haven't tried it yet. Does paramount+ offer live sports games? Would I bet able to watch Colts games with paramount if they are not on my local channel here? I guess I'm just kind of confused as to how it works.  LOL.

I watched a pre-season game that way.  Not sure about regular season games.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep see my above post, I have UVerse, same thing as DirecTV. I am even paying them 200 dollars a month for the channels I have, their loss. I live in Indianapolis and can't even watch the Colts because of UVerse and Nexstar being babies. I am going with Xfinity. See above.

Get a digital antenna and watch them over the air.  

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 5:14 PM, Smonroe said:

Here are four LEGAL items:

Firestick (around $50) with the following apps

Paramount Plus App (between $5-12/ month)

Fox app - free

VPN -  anywhere from free to $5/month. Make sure it has the right locations.

I’m reiterating, these are all legal.  Do your research.  

Can someone let me know which Fox App I need to download?  There are a bunch of them.  There is one from Indy, a Fox Sports app etc.

On 9/4/2023 at 7:35 PM, kymd82222 said:

I recently moved from Indiana to Colorado, and I still want to be able to watch Colts games.  Some other pertinent info is that I have "cut the cord" and do not have cable.  Are there any legal streaming options that are cheaper than NFL Sunday Ticket? I would rather not pay almost $400 if I don't have to. I'll pay it if I have to, but I'm hoping there's something a little cheaper.  Keep in mind that I only care about watching Colts games and I do not need access to every single NFL game that's played each week.  I don't know if that fact will allow me to find cheaper options or not.  Anyway, I appreciate any help.  Please only provide legit and legal options to stream Colts games, as I do not want the thread to get locked.  

Best option is to move back to Indiana. Haha :peek:

21 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Here's a game NOT to play - Take a drink every time Collingsworth says "I gotta tell you".  Your wife would be calling for an EMT by the second quarter.

I play a similar game but it's when he says "Now here's a guy..." and now I'm an alcoholic.

6 hours ago, EasyE said:

Best option is to move back to Indiana. Haha :peek:

Unless you have UVerse chuckling homer simpson GIF- then you have to break out a dusty old Antenna from 30 years ago or switch to something else. I am posting from my phone now, waiting on XFinity to get here to get me going again. 

It is the principle of it, who gets rid of Fox and CBS right before the NFL season starts. Someone has to be dumb as a box of rocks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Unless you have UVerse chuckling homer simpson GIF- then you have to break out a dusty old Antenna from 30 years ago or switch to something else. I am posting from my phone now, waiting on XFinity to get here to get me going again. 

It is the principle of it, who gets rid of Fox and CBS right before the NFL season starts. Someone has to be dumb as a box of rocks.

From a heartless and soulless business standpoint, it’s a good strategy. Push for negotiations right before your main money maker sports season starts to put pressure on the provider to just begrudgingly accept the deal. 

14 hours ago, JBrad said:

Can someone let me know which Fox App I need to download?  There are a bunch of them.  There is one from Indy, a Fox Sports app etc.

Unfortunately, it looks like you still need a provider to use the Fox app.  You can, however, get a 60 minute preview, I believe.  Log on in the 3rd quarter to get the end of the game, perhaps.

You still need NFL + premium to get all the games.  You can get 70% of them with Paramount and CBS.  If you're outside of Indiana, you will need a VPN for any of it, I guess.

1 hour ago, #12. said:

Unfortunately, it looks like you still need a provider to use the Fox app.  You can, however, get a 60 minute preview, I believe.  Log on in the 3rd quarter to get the end of the game, perhaps.

You still need NFL + premium to get all the games.  You can get 70% of them with Paramount and CBS.  If you're outside of Indiana, you will need a VPN for any of it, I guess.

Thanks for responding!

2 hours ago, #12. said:

I actually have a provider and was able to get this on the Fox Sports app.  Thanks!

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 9:46 AM, Happy2BeHere said:

NFL.com - paid for the NFL+ premium. Will have to just replay the game once it’s over (30 minutes after it ends) unless it is being broadcast live in the market you are in… but it was $80 for the whole year.

And you can listen to the game “live”: (it’s actually delayed a few seconds), then watch the game, after it’s ove (full broadcast or condensed, just the plays, one after the other).

I think DTV stream has a deal where they effectively pay for your Sunday Ticket with a $400 rebate or something. They keep sending me ads for it, but since I'm in Indy I don't need it. I've got Paramount+ to watch Channel 4. Channel 59 is an issue. Fox sports app won't work because my provider isn't recognized as a FOX provider.

You tube TV let's you share nfl sunday ticket with 3 people. So you could find 2 friends or family that want to split the cost and watch that way. If you have a roku TV and a paramount+ account there a way to set your locations to Indianapolis and you'll get the Indianapolis cbs channel and you could watch for free. You can search Google and there's a video to do this. 

14 hours ago, RollerColt said:

From a heartless and soulless business standpoint, it’s a good strategy. Push for negotiations right before your main money maker sports season starts to put pressure on the provider to just begrudgingly accept the deal. 

I am enjoying my new set-up. I was paying 199.99 a month with Uverse with same channels I have now with Xfinity. I had Xfinity installed today and just paying 149.99 a month now. I have CBS, FOX, ABC, WTHR, ESPN 1, ESPN 2, TruTv, TBS, TNT, CNN News, FOX News, Weather Channel, Baseball Channel, Cubs Channel, NFL Network Channel, NBA Channel, and I have the FOX Channel the Pacers play on. I have high speed internet and 2 hook ups in my living room and bedroom.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Well that is a little easier said than done. I live 90 miles from Indy in the middle of nowhere and don't have the extra 2K to put up a tower and get an antenna which is what would be required

Try an indoor antenna and if it does not work simply return it. 90 miles may be too much for an indoor antenna.  know some are good for 50.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am enjoying my new set-up. I was paying 199.99 a month with Uverse with same channels I have now with Xfinity. I had Xfinity installed today and just paying 149.99 a month now. I have CBS, FOX, ABC, WTHR, ESPN 1, ESPN 2, TruTv, TBS, TNT, CNN News, FOX News, Weather Channel, Baseball Channel, Cubs Channel, NFL Network Channel, NBA Channel, and I have the FOX Channel the Pacers play on. I have high speed internet and 2 hook ups in my living room and bedroom.

I hope you have better experience with Xfinity than I ever have. Internet always in and out, I pay for 1GB internet speed I think they call it. I'm in the middle of moving waiting on closing and can't wait to dump Xfinity. Hopefully Xfinity is way better in your area😁

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I hope you have better experience with Xfinity than I ever have. Internet always in and out, I pay for 1GB internet speed I think they call it. I'm in the middle of moving waiting on closing and can't wait to dump Xfinity. Hopefully Xfinity is way better in your area😁

So far good but I am only 1 day in.

• 2 weeks later...