Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Waiver wire pick ups discussion (MERGE) Title Updated pg 10.

GoColts8818

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I hope to god we don’t rely on French as Kelly’s backup.

I think I am the only one here who likes French? Like Danny Pinter, French is better at center than guard. I posted yesterday, how he seems to play well at center, but then they tried switching him to G and he struggled in the preseason game. then when Pinter went down, French stepped in at center and did well. I just don't get why French seems to always be the forums whipping boy? ala Mark Glowinski (before he left in FA)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

What is the story with Dalton Risner? Is he a head case or something? Why has no team touched him?

The forum seems to be enamored with Risner, but there is always a reason why he is unsigned. I remember reading, during the free agency period, where his tape does show, hes not all that great.

Just now, 1959Colts said:

The forum seems to be enamored with Risner, but there is always a reason why he is unsigned. I remember reading, during the free agency period, where his tape does show, hes not all that great.

I’m not saying he’s an immediate top tier level starter if signed, but I’d have to think he’s better than some of these 2nd and 3rd string guys that teams like us are going to roster.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Most likely money at this point in the season.

Makes the most sense.

1 hour ago, MacDee1975 said:

If that was the case he'd have an injury settlement right now instead of being waived outright.

No.....this guy isn't NFL material.  Simple as that.

He had the bad knee coming out of college.   He didn’t get it with the Colts.  That’s why no injury settlement.  

Let’s see if the kid gets claimed and put on a practice squad….   Perhaps even with the Colts. 

• Like 2

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

I’m not saying he’s an immediate top tier level starter if signed, but I’d have to think he’s better than some of these 2nd and 3rd string guys that teams like us are going to roster.

Yeah, but I learned, sometimes these late free agent signings turn out to be no better than who we already have. Kenyan Drake?

1 hour ago, IndyColtsFan411 said:

Updated cut list:

DB Aaron Maddox

WR Zavier Scott

RB LaMichael Pettway

RB Michael Tutsie

WR Tyler Adams

WR Kody Case

G Emil Ekiyor

TE Nick Eubanks

K Lucas Havrisik

TE Michael Jacobson

T Matthew Vanderslice

RB Kenyan Drake

S Teez Tabor

WR Breshad Perriman

LB Donovan Mutin

2 more:

WR James Washington

OL Dakoda Shepley

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MacDee1975 said:

Or.....he's not good enough.  Just like is the case for the thousands of undrafted players that weren't good enough to make it in all the prior NFL seasons.

Possible.. but how would you say that he's not good enough.. teams have to cut 37 players and bring 10+ players from that list or from other teams so it's not straightforward to say that a cut player isn't good enough, as there could be many more reasons behind those decisions. 

You said "as simple as that".. if you have a gift of knowing a player not being good for NFL even in one position group, your talent is being missed out by NFL teams in their scouting team, as avoiding drafting non-NFL talents will automatically improve success rate of GMs. 

46 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Possible.. but how would you say that he's not good enough.. teams have to cut 37 players and bring 10+ players from that list or from other teams so it's not straightforward to say that a cut player isn't good enough, as there could be many more reasons behind those decisions. 

You said "as simple as that".. if you have a gift of knowing a player not being good for NFL even in one position group, your talent is being missed out by NFL teams in their scouting team, as avoiding drafting non-NFL talents will automatically improve success rate of GMs. 

Because he wasn't drafted, didn't look good in the preseason on the field, couldn't crack 2nd string of an incredibly weak group of guards even when 2 of those guards got injured, he already got cut.  Those are 4 reasons I say he's not good enough.

I mean, I don't understand your stance.  The Colts, a team in desperate need of guards, got rid of him......even though he's an NFL caliber player?

3 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

talking about all these posters really brings back memories of the good ole days. I was fortunate as I got to grow up watching the best QB of all time, however I am proud to say I’ve stuck it out all the way through these horrible QB years. I’m not naive enough to say these days are as bad as it used to be pre-1995. 

Once a Colts fan always a Colts fan! 

Miss CoffeeDrinker too.  He had good football knowledge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

He’s had a lot of snaps at TE? I’m guessing that’s actually 6th lineman snaps?

He’s done well this preseason. 

148 snaps. 110 at RG. First season/preseason he’s had mainly RG snaps.

pass 66.9

run 83.3

total 77.8

Edit:

Not as impressive in ‘22 regular season, but adequate I think. 
pass 79.5

run 61.1

total 61.5

Almost all his snaps were as the 6th lineman though. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Lol, we are a sorry bunch. Salivating over o-line guys that other teams are cutting because they are not good enough. haha

Just kidding, well maybe not….

True! But then we’re looking at 2nd/3rd stringers starting for us at C and RG. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

He was drafted by the Vikings two to three years ago and cut last year. He has looked really good for the Chiefs. Chiefs seem to put anyone out there and they look great.

@chad72  

He played okay, someone who can catch the ball well in intermediate routes or occasional deep ball and play as WR4/5 in the team, but he made some really dumb mistake in a preseason game - I think he dropped a catch on sidelines that resulted in interception and he didn't properly make an attempt to stop the DB from scoring I guess. He played like he knew he was about to lose the job, and he got immediately cut after the game. His expression after the play and lone walk back to the bench showed it all. 

I thought that was unfortunate as he looked to be promising and improving until then, but his ceiling is probably pretty low.

If anyone could help his career, that'd be Reid and Mahomes, he better stay put and hold on to the rope there. 

46 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Because he wasn't drafted, didn't look good in the preseason on the field, couldn't crack 2nd string of an incredibly weak group of guards even when 2 of those guards got injured, he already got cut.  Those are 4 reasons I say he's not good enough.

I mean, I don't understand your stance.  The Colts, a team in desperate need of guards, got rid of him......even though he's an NFL caliber player?

Do you not see that there could be a medical concern...? As someone already pointed out to you earlier? Don't you think team may like to get him back, and we could wait to see for a couple of days if that's the case? Do you only think there's only one reason, that he's not good enough? 

Do you think every UDFA is worthless in NFL history? Do you think there are no HOFers, solid starters, backups and everything in between from undrafted batches? Do you think an UDFA who didn't impress in first preseason among a weak position group and got cut by his team never went on to have a solid NFL career in NFL history? 

You're the one who has been steadfast in holding on to only one stance, that he's not NFL calibre player... What do you not understand? 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Lol, we are a sorry bunch. Salivating over o-line guys that other teams are cutting because they are not good enough. haha

Just kidding, well maybe not….

It’s not that uncommon for good players to get cut.  Sometimes teams just have an embarrassment of riches in this or that position room.

The Browns’ OL room is one that probably qualifies right now.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah there is a story he kept bugging broncos for a extension when they couldn’t protect Wilson. Not a good look.

So, looks like he wants certain demands to be met, possibly guaranteed amount, to sign with a team...

Following is what PFF predicted in March as prospect match for teams

The Eagles could potentially lose Isaac Seumalo on the open market, and they would be wise to replace him with Risner, who could cost a bit less. Risner has been a consistently above-average blocker who excels in pass blocking, posting four straight years with a 69.5-plus pass-blocking grade. The Eagles' run scheme is also diverse, as they mix and match zone and gap runs well. The Broncos employed a similar run scheme under previous head coach Nathaniel Hackett, and Risner would likely be able to thrive at whatever guard position the Eagles need him to play.

Some good NFL team is gonna get him and make him look better... I guess the rich would get richer. 

34 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

He’s done well this preseason. 

148 snaps. 110 at RG. First season/preseason he’s had mainly RG snaps.

pass 66.9

run 83.3

total 77.8

Edit:

Not as impressive in ‘22 regular season, but adequate I think. 
pass 79.5

run 61.1

total 61.5

Almost all his snaps were as the 6th lineman though. 

These are all good stats..

Sometimes, the stronger OL group could make weak links look better than they are... That they would struggle with other teams when given more and individual responsibilities. But, you'd never know until you bring him in... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

These are all good stats..

Sometimes, the stronger OL group could make weak links look better than they are... That they would struggle with other teams when given more and individual responsibilities. But, you'd never know until you bring him in... 

These are of course just stats and I don't know if his play would pass the eye test. But they are a place to start.

47 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@chad72  

He played okay, someone who can catch the ball well in intermediate routes or occasional deep ball and play as WR4/5 in the team, but he made some really dumb mistake in a preseason game - I think he dropped a catch on sidelines that resulted in interception and he didn't properly make an attempt to stop the DB from scoring I guess. He played like he knew he was about to lose the job, and he got immediately cut after the game. His expression after the play and lone walk back to the bench showed it all. 

I thought that was unfortunate as he looked to be promising and improving until then, but his ceiling is probably pretty low.

If anyone could help his career, that'd be Reid and Mahomes, he better stay put and hold on to the rope there. 

I watched him a lot at Iowa where he excelled at kickoff returns as well.  I’m not sure if the Vikings or Chiefs ever used him as a gunner or not. I suspect not.   ST’s is going to decide the #5 spot. 

Every OLman cuts so far:

Baltimore Ravens: Jake Guidone

Buffalo Bills:  T Garrett McGhin

Cleveland Browns: T Derrick Kelly II, G Colby Gossett,  G Wes Martin

Denver Broncos: T Isaiah Prince.

Houston Texans: T Greg Little, Jacky Chen, OL Rashaad Coward, OL Tyler Beach 

Indianapolis Colts: G Emil Ekiyor, T Matthew Vanderslice, C Dekoda Shepley 

Las Vegas Raiders: T Brandon Parker, G Vitaliy Gurman

Miami Dolphins: T Geron Christian, T James Tunstall

New England: T Michael Vanderpool

New York Jets: T Greg Senat, OL Adam Pankey, T Yodny Cajuste

Pittsburgh Steelers: OL Le’Raven Clark, OL William Dunkle, 

Tennessee Titans: G Zack Johnson, C James Murray

Atlanta Falcons: OL Jalen Mayfield, T Lacolby Tucker 

Carolina Panthers: T Larnel Coleman

Chicago Bears: OL Alex Leatherwood, G Gabe Houy, G Logan Stenberg, OL Bobby Haskin, T Kellen Diesch

Dallas Cowboys: C Alex Lindstrom

Detroit Lions: OL Germain Ifedi, OL Bobby Hart, OL Obinna Eze, OL Alex Mollette, OL Darrin Paulo, OL Conner Galvin, T Ryan Swoboda, G Kayode Awosika

Green Bay Packers: C Jake Hanson, OL Cole Schneider 

Minnesota Vikings: T Christian DiLauro, OL Josh Sokol, T Jarrid Williams, G Chim Okorafor, T Jack Podlesny

New Orleans Saints: T Scott Lashley

New York Giants: T Korey Cunningham, T Julien Davenport, G Jack Anderson, G Wyatt Davis, OL Devery Hamilton 

Philadelphia Eagles: T Dennis Kelly, G Josh Andrews T/C Brett Toth,  C Cameron Tom,  G Tyrese Robinson

Los Angeles Chargers: T Nicholas Melsop

Los Angeles Rams: G Sean Maginn

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: OL John Molchon, T Michael Niese, Raiqwon O'Neal

Seattle Seahawks: T Jalen Mckenzie, T Liam Ryan

Washington Commanders: T/G Aaron Montiero

***** Updated 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, w87r said:

Anxiously waiting for 4pm to see if we have any waiver claims.

-My understanding is that for all of the players being waived....they will actually be waived on Tues 4pm.

-After that teams submit their waiver claims.

- Wed afternoon is when we will find out who was claimed on waivers.

Founds this article online which confirms my points above.....  "On the final NFL cutdown period following the final NFL preseason game and ending Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 4:00 pm EDT, all cut players subject to waivers remain on waivers through 12:00 pm EDT on Wednesday, August 30, regardless of which day they were released."

• Like 2