Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Eagles post game thread

GoColts8818

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Okay so here is what you do with the QB spot.

Play Minshew on 1st and 2nd down to move the ball down the field.

Play Richardson in 3rd down and in the redzone and when you want to take a shot down field.

Play Sam in the 4th quarter.

For the record yes I am kidding.

Kombucha No But GIF

37 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They are clearly just practicing deep shots in the preseason. He has god hands last year. Hopefully that won’t be a problem.

Richardson and Pitt looked good together. 

I think we should give Pierce a little time to adjust to Richardsons ball. He throws some lazers.   I do think Pickens should have been our pick though. I don't hate Pierce though. Reggie liked him better for whatever reason.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think we should give Pierce a little time to adjust to Richardsons ball. He throws some lazers.   I do think Pickens should have been our pick though. I don't hate Pierce though. Reggie liked him better for whatever reason.

Pickins had something in his background that took him off a lot of teams boards. Rumor was it was pretty bad.

• Thanks 1

Like I said we've got a pretty nice TE room. Wait until Woods gets back. I'm sure Shane is going to scheme up some nice stuff for AR with these boys. I'd turn on the Lamar Jackson film and steal some of his TE plays. Incorporate in the Colts offense.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, krunk said:

Like I said we've got a pretty nice TE room. Wait until Woods gets back. I'm sure Shane is going to scheme up some nice stuff for AR with these boys. I'd turn on the Lamar Jackson film and steal some of his TE plays. Incorporate in the Colts offense.

yeah i can see TEs being a big part of what we do 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, krunk said:

The Colts didn’t even have a choice on Pickens.   He was literally picked right before the Colts in the 2nd.   Pickens went 52, Pierce went 53.   

And yes, FWIW,  there were also rumors that Pickens would likely not have passed the Colts character requirement. 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts didn’t even have a choice on Pickens.   He was literally picked right before the Colts in the 2nd.   Pickens went 52, Pierce went 53.   

And yes, FWIW,  there were also rumors that Pickens would likely not have passed the Colts character requirement. 

Very correct sir, you are on a roll. Pickens was picked before our pick so he wasn't available.. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Very correct sir, you are on a roll. Pickens was picked before our pick so he wasn't available.. 

yes but the Colts also traded back before they picked.  They could have taken Pickens are their original pick if they wanted him.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

yes but the Colts also traded back before they picked.  They could have taken Pickens are their original pick if they wanted him.

True….     But…..

Even removing any possible character issues…. 

The trade back was the whole key to the Colts 2022 draft.   The Colts added a 2, 3 and a 5 for their 2 and a 4.  

Those picks turned into Pierce, Woods or Raimann (?) and Johnson.    I don’t think the Colts were passing on that opportunity. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Man I really like our TE group, MAC I feel has to be the odd man out and that’s nothing against him I just like the young players we have Granson as a starter followed by Woods, Ogletree and Mallory. 

I think I would keep MAC over Pharaoh Brown. I think MAC would be better in the passing game and he is an okay blocker. I'd keep everybody except Brown. Richardson may have more deep passes to his TE up the seams, over routes and other stuff this year than the WR in some games. This is where all our freak talent is. It's not at WR, although I like Downs and McKenzie for some RAC on the quick throws and crossers in space..  I still don't think we found any other deep threats at WR during this preseason despite the couple guys we added. Pierce I'm only so so on but there's still time.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I think I would keep MAC over Pharaoh Brown. I think MAC would be better in the passing game and he is an okay blocker. I'd keep everybody except Brown. Richardson may have more deep passes to his TE up the seams, over routes and other stuff this year than the WR in some games. This is where all our freak talent is. It's not at WR, although I like Downs and McKenzie for some RAC on the quick throws in space..  I still don't think we found any other deep threats at WR during this preseason despite the couple guys we added. Pierce I'm only so so on but there's still time.

I would too but it’s possible they keep four tight ends and cut both Mac and Brown.  I don’t see a world where they keep five.  So if they keep Mac, which is possible, one of the young guys has to go.

• Like 1

I'm trying to train myself not to pay as much attention to AR completion percentage as long as the chains are moving somehow. I'm not sure if he is ever going to be a high completion, high accuracy guy. But his overall impact on the game may make up for what he lacks. He is going to extend a lot of possessions for us and have teams gassed chasing him around. And the way teams have to play him it leaves holes in the defense to exploit.

• Like 1

My thoughts.....

AR5 shows flashes of elite play. He also shows, as expected inconsistency, inaccuracy, and I'm not crazy about his throwing motion. But he's definitely the future and it's just a question of how good/elite he will progress to and when. But his surrounding cast is lacking and needs to be upgraded.

The RB group is sad without JT. Hull is a decent back and nothing to get excited about. If looking forward to him getting a carry or catching a.swing pass shows how much the RB group is lacking. 

I think the Defense will be decent but not be dependable to hold a lead late with the game on the line somewhat similar to last season.

The OL is still questionable to me, especially depth. 

I'm sure the play calling will improve in regular season and have better routes for receivers to get open.....which they need lol.

JT & Leonard are much needed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

My thoughts.....

AR5 shows flashes of elite play. He also shows, as expected inconsistency, inaccuracy, and I'm not crazy about his throwing motion. But he's definitely the future and it's just a question of how good/elite he will progress to and when. But his surrounding cast is lacking and needs to be upgraded.

The RB group is sad without JT. Hull is a decent back and nothing to get excited about. If looking forward to him getting a carry or catching a.swing pass shows how much the RB group is lacking. 

I think the Defense will be decent but not be dependable to hold a lead late with the game on the line somewhat similar to last season.

The OL is still questionable to me, especially depth. 

I'm sure the play calling will improve in regular season and have better routes for receivers to get open.....which they need lol.

JT & Leonard are much needed.

i personally think Leonard will never be the s ame, i've already moved on, sad as it sounds. 

same with JT. he's gonna be gone. 

We will need our young CBs to develop. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Indeee said:

ABSOLUTELY. Hated this pick when it was made, always knew he sucked and here we are. He is terrible.

Wasted pick when all we needed to do was trade up on that day just a little and grab Pickens. 

Lol - "all we needed to do was trade up just a little and grab Pickens."
Captain hindsight over here....

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Pierce may have good hands but I’ve yet to see him get separation.  His “trick” is to beat his coverage downfield and get the 50/50 ball.  He needs to do more than that.

Montgomery looked like the best WR out there tonight.  

For transparency though, Montgomery was playing against 3rd / 4th stringers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Richardson showed some good and some bad, mostly good, despite having a very low completion percentage. There were very little to no Eagles starters in on either side of the ball, so it would have been very concerning if he didnt look halfway decent at all.

There were a few passes that absolutely should have been caught that weren't.

Also, I was a bit disappointed with Pierce today, there were a few balls he was contesting for, but he didnt look particularly effective or like he wanted it all that much.

All that said, I'm glad the preseason is over. Bring on the real football.

This is a constant thing with him like if there is any contact and it’s not a jump ball he won’t make the catch. He plays very weak and if it’s not a clean release on a vertical defender just maul him 

7 hours ago, Indeee said:

ABSOLUTELY. Hated this pick when it was made, always knew he sucked and here we are. He is terrible.

Wasted pick when all we needed to do was trade up on that day just a little and grab Pickens. 

Reggie Wayne didn’t turn into Reggie Wayne until year three. There were flashes sure. But I’m not ready to write Pierce off just yet. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

This is a constant thing with him like if there is any contact and it’s not a jump ball he won’t make the catch. He plays very weak and if it’s not a clean release on a vertical defender just maul him 

I agree, but it's just strange because he is so physical at the catch point... I honestly think that's he is thinking too much and just needs more practice/reps. I hope, anyway. Reggie to the rescue. 

On a side note, with how often Richardson misses high, I really wish he could get some time in with J. Woods... hard to miss that dude high. 

• Like 1

Good:

- AR looked good.  Some throws were off, but we know that’s going to happen.  As long as his accuracy improves through the year, I’m ok.  But I loved the decisions he made.  If the WRs didn’t play like crap last night his stats would look better

- Granson looks good.  Got open and had strong hands.  Good to see him healthy.  Hopefully Woods can get healthy.  I want to see what him and Granson looks like on the same field.

- Stuard is a DOG!  Hopefully we can develop him into something because his pursuit ability is off the charts.  He got caught on some plays but he definitely has the hustle and toughness to be a stout linebacker

- Liked the playcalling from Steichen.  Just in the preseason, the difference between Shane and Reich is evident.  Don’t know what he was going for in the 2nd quarter.  Maybe he wanted to try out some deep stuff but other than that, no complaints from me.

Bad

-  what was going on with our wide receivers.  Drops and fall downs.  Reggie need to get on them in the upcoming film session.  Pierce does not look a second year receiver ready for that second year jump.  Last year, we could put it on the qbs, but this year no excuse.  AR is getting the ball there.  In order for this receiver group to pop off, AP has to be a vital part of it.

- offensive line:  I know we didn’t have our starting line out there at some spots but it was a lot of pressure last night and the eagles didn’t even have their 1s on the field.  Glad we have a qb who has good pocket awareness and can use his legs because if we had a statue back there again, they were going to get hurt.  I’ll reserve my judgment for opening day but our depth isn’t looking too good.  And we probably just lost a lineman last night

• Like 2

I'm just watching the game. Some observations:

- This stat line for Richardson is very misleading. I though he had a solid half of football and once again... he didn't get helped by his teammates at all. There wasn't as egregious of a drop as last week, but there were multiple balls where you would expect an NFL receiver to catch the ball and our receivers didn't. Feels like Pittman is the only truly reliable target for Richardson right now. 

- I thought the starting OL again looked solid. Not dominant like previous years, but solid nonetheless. I hope we are able to address the RG spot once teams make their cuts... 

- We are in SEVERE need of top tier pass-catching weapons. Marvin Harrison Jr would do wonders for this team and AR. Fingers crossed... :goodluck:

- Olubi is making the roster. 

- The corners were solid. 

- Minshew is a pro QB. 

- Hull might be key contributor at RB this year. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I agree, but it's just strange because he is so physical at the catch point... I honestly think that's he is thinking too much and just needs more practice/reps. I hope, anyway. Reggie to the rescue. 

On a side note, with how often Richardson misses high, I really wish he could get some time in with J. Woods... hard to miss that dude high. 

Yea I agree we need to move on from Mo and roll with the 4 young guys. Like I think ultimately if JT didn’t pull a 180 we would have been ok. But I think we gonna struggle because we don’t have a dominant guy at any offensive position and it seems like every time Richardson throws a stripe or a dime the Wrs drops the ball or slips 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I'm just watching the game. Some observations:

- This stat line for Richardson is very misleading. I though he had a solid half of football and once again... he didn't get helped by his teammates at all. There wasn't as egregious of a drop as last week, but there were multiple balls where you would expect an NFL receiver to catch the ball and our receivers didn't. Feels like Pittman is the only truly reliable target for Richardson right now. 

- I thought the starting OL again looked solid. Not dominant like previous years, but solid nonetheless. I hope we are able to address the RG spot once teams make their cuts... 

- We are in SEVERE need of top tier pass-catching weapons. Marvin Harrison Jr would do wonders for this team and AR. Fingers crossed... 

- Olubi is making the roster. 

- The corners were solid. 

- Minshew is a pro QB. 

I would add granson in there to I have been impressed with him all offseason. TBH granson, Mallory and Andrew have all look good when they have been available 

• Like 1

I liked what I saw overall, especially just in general the energy from our team. Like it was actually fun to play as a Colt again. Didn’t see that too much last season, not even in the preseason.

I get to start work next week for the school year in an optimistic mood about our team, yay! :banana: @RollerColt Happy school year to you buddy!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I liked what I saw overall, especially just in general the energy from our team. Like it was actually fun to play as a Colt again. Didn’t see that too much last season, not even in the preseason.

I get to start work next week for the school year in an optimistic mood about our team, yay! :banana: @RollerColt Happy school year to you buddy!

We've been in school since August 1st. Lol

AR looked poised and everything past 10 yards looks beautiful. Just gotta clean up some of those shallow passes.

Love him brushing off that LB, and his play speed is way faster than I thought he was. 

I LOVED the Flying Eagle celebration dance by AR. 

What's going on with Pierce? Dude looks like he forgot how to catch. 

I wish we would've signed Cook, but Hull looks pretty decent. 

If the starting O-Line goes down, it's going to be bad. 

I can't wait to see Ogletree and Woods out there at the same time. Those guys look like men among boys! 

I know it was mostly against their 2nd string, but felt good to beat a Sirianni led Eagles team. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Nice! We started our teacher workdays back at the end of July. First day was August 3rd… oh the days of being a young Hoosier and school starting near Labor Day… those days are long gone lol.

• Like 1