Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Preseason Game 1: Colts @ Bills, Aug. 12, 1PM ET

NFLfan

21 hours ago, w87r said:

Addison is a beast, USC is my college football team.

Think both ended up in good spot.

I hope so. He reminded me of Cris Carter in the game the other day, catching the ball out of bounds while dragging his feet inbounds. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Boss7894 said:

He was a camp star last year… but in games too?

Everything was bad last year. O Line , QB and coaching included. Throw 2022 out the window. He hardly played and what WR looked good last year. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I would much rather us start Downs in the slot than McKenzie. 

I like McKenzie though.

If he don't start, we have a good backup slot, so that's good.

Rather him take the KO over Downs, as long as he doesn't continually bring it out from 8yds deep.

• Like 3

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Minshew is clearly better at this point.   We will see how the preseason goes

I wouldn't necessarily say better, but definitely more efficient. That's always been Minshew's game though. He will eat zone coverage apart underneath, but isn't a QB that can put an offense on his shoulders on a consistent basis. I'm really glad to have him on the team though. He's a great backup and mentor, especially since his strengths are where Richardson has holes in his game.

• Like 2

Just now, Shive said:

I wouldn't necessarily say better, but definitely more efficient. That's always been Minshew's game though. He will eat zone coverage apart underneath, but isn't a QB that can put an offense on his shoulders on a consistent basis. I'm really glad to have him on the team though. He's a great backup and mentor, especially since his strengths are where Richardson has holes in his game.

I'm saying right now.   Minshew is better.   AR  obviously has the higher upside.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Strachan being a preseason star again.

He's always looked good in camp and the preseason but for some reason Frank never really gave him a legit shot during the regular season to develop into something given his size and uncanny ability to make difficult catches.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Richardson pocket presence looked really good. If he had hit thst pierce shot that would of been over 100 yard quarter. That’s pretty impressive.

The NFL Network panel gave AR high marks. I thought he looked like a Vet more than a rookie which even surprised me.  It was his presence as you said. We didn't even get to see him take off and really run either. He had the INT but the pass Pierce was a TD had AP hung on to it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Rush :rock:

Dang I missed it.

It was just Lara Overton, reporting her conversation after halftime with him.

Said he thinks Richardson played good and told the guys in the 2nd half to go have fun and get the win.

Said, can't tell coach preseason games don't mean anything.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is a joke right? I know it’s windy but dang.

It wasn't Matt Gay though, our other kicker that has no chance of making team.

• Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The site I use has the Steelers -2 and you have to lay $120 to win $100. If you take the Colts + 2 you lay $100 to win $100.  Looking at the different Vegas sites , it's mostly 2 now and you lay more then the $110 to win $100. Opened at 1 , so pretty strong action on the Steelers.
    • The cool thing with Cross is he is STILL incredibly young. Only 22 or 23 I believe.
    • Your first sentence is correct.   The defense has been decent not great.  Giving up 16 points a game for 2 games straight is pretty good.  The last TD in the bears game was pretty much in garbage time.   The defense is not the problem with this team giving up only 16 points a game.     The offense is the problem in that drives cannot be sustained with the passing game.  Without JT this team would be 0-3 because he is the only spark on offense right now.   TOP is critical as well as the defense is being tired out.
    • I loved seeing the kid get pressure at an absolute critical time in the game and making a huge play. The Colts D has struggled to get pressure in key situations the last several years. Very refreshing.
    • In my opinion (which is worth 2 cents): 1.  AR himself:  The one foot superman throws have to stop.  I think teams have studied the film and are hip to it now.  Last year, it seemed when AR would attempt them, it was against 1on1 situations, but this year it’s been a safety shadowing and there to pick off the overthrown ball.  AR has to not try to depend on his athleticism and stick to the mechanics.  Use the athleticism to create but use the mechanics to execute.  Also, he needs to get comfortable with the amount of touch he puts on his throws, but that will and hopefully should come with experience and coaching.   2.  Playcalling:  last year, the playcalling for the small sample size we got is vastly different than this years.  Last year, we leaned on zack moss and the run game and utilized ARs legs with designed runs, rollouts, etc.  this year, it seems we’ve gone straight Air Raid with running sprinkled in.  Shane says it’s because of the urgency to score quick to mitigate us losing the TOP battle by a wide margin.  I think we should worry about that until it’s time to in the game.  We shouldn’t be panicking in the 1st and 2nd qtrs when it’s a one score game.  I’ve said it in other threads, AR shouldn’t throw more than 25 times.  Maybe 30 tops depending on the game.  And also, would like to see AR out of the pocket more.  Keep the defense on its heels and guessing.     3.  Not having JD and productive TE group:  downs didn’t play the first 2 games and our TE room has been abysmal.  Last year, you had guys like ogletree and even cox making some plays.  This year, it seems all we have is the one flash per game from Granson.  Not to mention, MPJ is off to a BAD year.  AR doesn’t have any safety blankets.  He doesn’t have someone he can fall back on when things downfield aren’t there.  That should be MPJ but as I said above, MPJ has been bad.  We just got downs back so they should be back cooking once downs get his game wind back.    4.  Missing time due to injury:  I stated in the offseason that the colts needed to utilize every opportunity we had to get AR reps in the preseason.  We have the youngest and most inexperienced starting QB.  Not playing him in the preseason that much held him back.  Me personally, I would’ve let AR play every preseason game until he asked to come out due to soreness or whatever.     so as you can see, I think it’s more to it than just “AR sux”.  
  • Members