Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which team besides Colts are you looking forward to seeing what they can do?

Boss7894

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I think Sean Payton gets Russell back on track. 

I agree. I think he'll be used a bit less to pass the ball as Payton runs the ball a lot more, but Wilson will be more effective in the pass game. The O-Line is revamped, and Payton has already brought in a lot of his old staff to help him. IMO, Wilson will be used a lot like Drew Brees was. 

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree. I think he'll be used a bit less to pass the ball as Payton runs the ball a lot more, but Wilson will be more effective in the pass game. The O-Line is revamped, and Payton has already brought in a lot of his old staff to help him. IMO, Wilson will be used a lot like Drew Brees was. 

Drew threw the ball A TON with Payton 

• Like 1

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Drew threw the ball A TON with Payton 

I know. That offense was explosive in NO though. Lot of screen passes to Kamara, and Drew was one of the most accurate passers in history. I think that it'll be run heavy as the O-Line is specifically built for run-blocking. We'll see how much the run/pass ratio is on plays. 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I know. That offense was explosive in NO though. Lot of screen passes to Kamara, and Drew was one of the most accurate passers in history. I think that it'll be run heavy as the O-Line is specifically built for run-blocking. We'll see how much the run/pass ratio is on plays. 

Either way,  I think he gets Russell back on track

15 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Drew was one of the most accurate passers in history.

True but it was Payton's offense that allowed for that. He was a lot more accurate in Payton's offense than in the Chargers offense (68% versus 62.2%). Wilson's career completion percentage is 64%; it was a solid 65% when he played with the Seahawks. I expect him to play a lot better under Payton.

The Broncos may be the surprise team this year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jets. If more players were like my main Aaron taking a 35 Million dollar pay cut to help their team, the NFL would be way more enjoyable to watch to the diehards. After all he is 7th greatest QB of all-time only behind Elway - #6, Mahomes - #5, Unitas - #4, Peyton - #3, Montana - #2, Brady  - #1. = my rankings The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Go Jets, I hope Aaron gets that 2nd ring if we are out of it.

• Like 1

1.  Commanders:  I don’t think they’ll have a chance to win their division, but I want to see what Eric B can do with that offense.

2.  Broncos:  I credit last year to their inept coach.  Let’s see what they can do with a healthy squad and a HOF coach.

3.  Bears:  I’m interested in Fields development.  They got him some weapons and had a good offseason.  Want to see what he does this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jets. If more players were like my main Aaron taking a 35 Million dollar pay cut to help their team, the NFL would be way more enjoyable to watch to the diehards. After all he is 7th greatest QB of all-time only behind Elway - #6, Mahomes - #5, Unitas - #4, Peyton - #3, Montana - #2, Brady  - #1. = my rankings The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Dalvin Cook leaning toward the Jets per ESPN, Aaron takes a 35 Mill dollar pay cut which is unheard of and the Jets will pay Cook IMO because they want to win. 

JT is better than Cook and we have a QB under a rookie contract and can't even give JT a nice 3 year deal. I have to be honest, I am getting fed up with our FO. I have never said that in my 40 year fandom (84-2023) so that says a lot and I couldn't stand Grigson.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, w87r said:

You don't even know what has been offered.

I have no idea, you are 100% correct. I do know I have gave my heart and soul as a fan to this team going on 40 seasons. I get nervous during close games and it ruins my week when we lose. It is just my opinion but I seriously doubt that we have offered him anything. After Irsay's tweet yesterday and the way Taylor is acting, just an opinion I have. I have stood by this team forever win or lose but this situation with Taylor looks bad to me. It also sends a negative vibe to the rest of the players if Taylor is wanting a deal and we are poo pooing it. 

Like I said, I am not here to debate this because it is just my opinion and how I feel. You or many may feel differently and that is 100% fine. Irsay is an owner that I have always respected, I have even been on record calling him a top 10 owner in the league, I didn't care for his tweet at all though, that is just me.

The way I look at it, why should we even draft a RB at all in the 1st 4 rounds. Lets just pick up a RB off of free agency every year and if we draft one, draft one in rounds 5-7 if they aren't important. If we don't offer a Taylor a deal or haven't, what was the purpose of even wasting a 2nd round pick on him then? We should have just drafted a WR with that 2nd round pick instead of Taylor by the way this is going and the way most people's logic is.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dalvin Cook leaning toward the Jets per ESPN, Aaron takes a 35 Mill dollar pay cut which is unheard of and the Jets will pay Cook IMO because they want to win. 

JT is better than Cook and we have a QB under a rookie contract and can't even give JT a nice 3 year deal. I have to be honest, I am getting fed up with our FO. I have never said that in my 40 year fandom (84-2023) so that says a lot and I couldn't stand Grigson.

But JT Might be the difference between us winning 5 games or seven.

I will be Shocked if Cook gets Paid $10M. 

JT is a class act and certainly extremely good of course. But some might think we would have a productive enough run game without him. 

I know I look forward to developing a passing game that can compete with the best.

41 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

But JT Might be the difference between us winning 5 games or seven.

I will be Shocked if Cook gets Paid $10M. 

JT is a class act and certainly extremely good of course. But some might think we would have a productive enough run game without him. 

I know I look forward to developing a passing game that can compete with the best.

I have no clue about how many games we can win. I can't remember the last time I have said that going into a season without at least feeling good about my prediction. JT could be a huge difference maker, then again maybe not? I know without him in 2021, we would not of sniffed 9-6 through 15 games.

So many teams made so many big changes this past season. I'm intrigued by a lot of them, but I'm a football fan in the general sense. 

Bengals because they're my 2nd favorite team and the fans have waited long enough for a Super Bowl win.

Jets for ARod and how that all plays out with super high expectations the size of NY City itself. 

Panthers for seeing how Reich and Young work together (they seriously could win the division with how weak it is...)

Lions for them making the next step after last season's strong finish (and ending the Rodgers era)

Packers for Jordan Love taking the reins officially. 

Saints for the Derek Carr experiment. 

49ers for if they ever figure out their own QB question. 

Raiders for witnessing McDaniels imploding and taking the team down with him. 

Houston because I actually really liked CJ Stroud and I'm curious how he'll do. 

Vikings because their fans like the Bengals have also waited long enough and deserve a Super Bowl. 

Bills for same reason as Cincy and Minnesota. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

So many teams made so many big changes this past season. I'm intrigued by a lot of them, but I'm a football fan in the general sense. 

Bengals because they're my 2nd favorite team and the fans have waited long enough for a Super Bowl win.

Jets for ARod and how that all plays out with super high expectations the size of NY City itself. 

Panthers for seeing how Reich and Young work together (they seriously could win the division with how weak it is...)

Lions for them making the next step after last season's strong finish (and ending the Rodgers era)

Packers for Jordan Love taking the reins officially. 

Saints for the Derek Carr experiment. 

49ers for if they ever figure out their own QB question. 

Raiders for witnessing McDaniels imploding and taking the team down with him. 

Vikings because their fans like the Bengals have also waited long enough and deserve a Super Bowl. 

Bills for same reason as Cincy and Minnesota. 

It would be hard not to put the Bengals as 1 of the 3 teams in the league along with KC and Philly. The 49ers QB situation is going to be interesting. Aaron with the Jets is either going to be a huge hit or a team that goes down the toilet, I don't see a middle ground there. If Aaron is rolling, look out.

10 hours ago, w87r said:

I'm intrigued with the Vikings.

Looking forward to year 2 for Kirk in O'Connell's system.

Kirk has nothing to complain about now. There is continuity in the offensive system. He has very good receivers in JJ, Hock, KJ Osborn, Addison and Nailor. The OL is much improved. Alexander Mattison is a competent RB. He is not Cook but hopefully he will contribute at least 65% of what Cook gave us. I'm intrigued by rookie RB DeWayne McBride out of UAB.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2023 at 11:33 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Broncos, I live in Colorado, so I watch every game with my parents or friends when the Colts aren't on at the same time on TV.

Payton is Box office and would.win anywhere he went. The Broncos are a upper tier franchise and I expect them to win soon and strongly challenge KC for most likely AFC dominance..... with.or without Wilson.

I don't know if your a.fan of theirs but you.will be watching.winning.football for the.foreseeable future.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Payton is Box office and would.win anywhere he went. The Broncos are a upper tier franchise and I expect them to win soon and strongly challenge KC for most likely AFC dominance..... with.or without Wilson.

I don't know if your a.fan of theirs but you.will be watching.winning.football for the.foreseeable future.

Maybe? Maybe not either.  

21 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

They are my 2nd team behind the Colts. My parents and best friend is a fan of them, so I generally watch them whenever I don't get the Colts games. Sean Payton should be a massive improvement at HC. Not sure if they catch the Chiefs this year, but I think they can get a wildcard spot.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2023 at 7:36 AM, NFLfan said:

I'm intrigued by the Lions.

I wrote this ^^^ well before the Lions signed Teddy. He signed a contract with the Lions today to back up Jared Goff. I don't know if he makes it past training camp but I'm always happy to see Teddy in the NFL.

On 7/27/2023 at 5:29 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Besides the Jets, I will add another team. That is the Ravens. Reason being and everyone remember that I posted this, I think they will win the AFC. I think Lamar plays his rear off, they win the North and get a high seed, etc.. Lamar and Harbaugh are just due and actually kind of have something to prove after they have had a few down years. I like their overall roster now as well.

On 7/27/2023 at 2:56 PM, RollerColt said:

Same. I was actually rooting for us to grab Stroud and was upset when we didn’t. But I’m happy about all the positivity from the fans and team surrounding AR so far and am looking forward to seeing how he will perform for us.

Will certainly be keeping my eyes on Stroud all season though! Really hoping for that, “He’s had an amazing year but somehow Houston still sucks” kinda thing to happen lol