Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

On 4/27/2023 at 7:41 PM, GoColts8818 said:

Hope I am wrong but I am sticking with what I’ve said all along B.U.S.T.

Richardson  draft age 20,  that alot upside  only pay 11 games in college   Career

Richardson's completion percentage of 53.8 percent last season ranked 13th out of 14 SEC quarterbacks

. josh was draft at age 21,  4 years  of college  Allen completed 152 of 270 passes (56.3 percent) for 1,812 yards 

It seems that by 2025 at bare minimum, we will find out where these QBs stack against each other and which team made out as Stroud, Levis, and Richardson are all in same division now.

I'm normally very vocal with my opinions where the Colts transactions or lack there-of comes into play. In this case, however, I'm going to abstain. 

It's feel good season so 2 things I can't wait for us to see is the first huge gain after he takes off when the pocket breaks down and his first big gain/td when he flicks it 60 yards over a CB who thought there's no way he can get it that far and kind of let the wr go..

• Like 1

okay i was mad when the colts didnt select levis   but since then i watched a lot of film break down videos on youtube of richardson .   i am now all in on richardson  i think kurt warner did a great job breaking down his film .   it seems like his low completion percentage was from a deep shot passing offense and from his wrs dropping passes at record levels .     i see patrick mahomes throws on his film  his movement inside the pocket feeling pressure is elite .     i still think he struggles his first year but i think he has the chance to be elite .    

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

okay i was mad when the colts didnt select levis   but since then i watched a lot of film break down videos on youtube of richardson .   i am now all in on richardson  i think kurt warner did a great job breaking down his film .   it seems like his low completion percentage was from a deep shot passing offense and from his wrs dropping passes at record levels .     i see patrick mahomes throws on his film  his movement inside the pocket feeling pressure is elite .     i still think he struggles his first year but i think he has the chance to be elite . 

If it makes you feel any better, we get to see Levis twice a year kicking his butt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That would both be surprising but nice.  I am interested to see the Colts schedule.  If they have an early bye week that will make it easier to start Minshew at the start of the year if they want and then go to Richardson after the bye week.

57 minutes ago, CR91 said:

If it makes you feel any better, we get to see Levis twice a year kicking his butt

The hate some of you have for a dude who did nothing but dare to be in the draft is unreal.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

now i hope levis is a bust ,i hope ballard was right.

Levis is nothing more than a backup at this point.

33 other teams passed on levis. 

Why would you draft a backup at #4 overall ?

16 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

well see you cant write off a QB just because he fell to the second round  .   plenty of second round or later picks turned into probowlers .    its a roll of the dice we dont really know at this point who will be good or not .   plenty of high first round picks turned into busts .    i just hope everything works out and richardson is that guy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

well see you cant write off a QB just because he fell to the second round  .   plenty of second round or later picks turned into probowlers .    its a roll of the dice we dont really know at this point who will be good or not .   plenty of high first round picks turned into busts .    i just hope everything works out and richardson is that guy

The titans GM said if the Oline guy hadn’t been there at eleven they would of taken Levis at 11.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The titans GM said if the Oline guy hadn’t been there at eleven they would of taken Levis at 11.

levis has great talent big arm he is mobile has elite traits .   he and richardson are both semi projects and i think the colts chose richardson because he is younger and has better traits .    they feel like richardson has a higher ceiling

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Im listening to Irsays conference right now.  He just said if Anthony wasn't there at 4 they probably take Levis because we liked him.  Or trade down.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Luck wasn’t accurate because of the offense he was running.   Pagano and Arians and Pep and Chudzinski believed in big chunk play offense. 

Reich came in with a more West Coast passing attack and Luck’s percentage went way up, and the offense took off.   It’s the offense he ran successfully in college and it’s the offense the Colts should have been in when they drafted Luck.   Short passing game with play action plus a solid running game.   Luck didn’t have that until 2018 — his best year and his last year. 

A short passing game probably would've given him a chance to be healthier as well as he took all sorts of huge hits waiting for big plays to develop behind a mediocre OL. He did run the deep pass game pretty well though for what it's worth 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

for those that wonder what would have happened.

Talk about being thrifty with your resources.

They loved AR and would have took him at #1 But didn't move up one position to #3 to secure him and nervously waited and hoped no team leaped them to take him. 

Fortunately, it worked out. 

We still got the Best Player and QB, imho, at #4.

• Like 1

I had a feeling about us picking Richardson over Stroud and Young for a bit. Ballard caring about RAS isn't a new thing, and AR is top 5 all time potentially in regards to an all around athlete in the NFL. And Streichen mostly has a NFL HC gig now for his work in running an offense with a mobile QB in the NFL at an elite level.

4 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Why do you think all 32 teams see the same thing the same way.   They don’t.   That’s proven every year.   

If Levis is a backup this year — who cares?  He looks like the Titans QB of the future.   

You seem to think getting picked 33rd overall makes him a career backup.   It doesn’t.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why do you think all 32 teams see the same thing the same way.   They don’t.   That’s proven every year.   

If Levis is a backup this year — who cares?  He looks like the Titans QB of the future.   

You seem to think getting picked 33rd overall makes him a career backup.   It doesn’t.   

I never said levis was a career back up. Not once.

In fact look at my post you quoted. I said levis is a backup "at this point".

My broader point is levis is unworthy of the #4 overall pick. And 33 other teams agree with me by passing on him

And how do we know levis is the Titans qb of the future ? Maybe he falls to 3rd on the depth chart behind Malik willis

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

My broader point is levis is unworthy of the #4 overall pick. And 33 other teams agree with me by passing on him

I think that's overly simplistic. The Panthers, Texans, and Colts all wanted QBs early. It's possible any of those three teams would have drafted Levis, and Irsay's comment supports that theory. The Colts didn't because they preferred Richardson, not because they think Levis was unworthy. Same might be true of the other two teams. 

I think it's very interesting that other teams that were rumored to want a QB passed on him. It's obvious he wasn't as highly sought after as pre-draft chatter suggested. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

That would both be surprising but nice.  I am interested to see the Colts schedule.  If they have an early bye week that will make it easier to start Minshew at the start of the year if they want and then go to Richardson after the bye week.

The hate some of you have for a dude who did nothing but dare to be in the draft is unreal.

It's not hate. He's a titan now. You want them beating us?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think that's overly simplistic. The Panthers, Texans, and Colts all wanted QBs early. It's possible any of those three teams would have drafted Levis, and Irsay's comment supports that theory. The Colts didn't because they preferred Richardson, not because they think Levis was unworthy. Same might be true of the other two teams. 

I think it's very interesting that other teams that were rumored to want a QB passed on him. It's obvious he wasn't as highly sought after as pre-draft chatter suggested. 

This is just my personal opinion. I think teams saw too much Carson Wentz in terms of being undisciplined in his game and how he took to interviews as from what I've read made him out to be extremely arrogant and a poor leader.

28 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's not hate. He's a titan now. You want them beating us?

That’s not what I said and you know it.

if you want him to fail because he’s a Titan yeah I can buy that and just didn’t take it on the first read of your post.

Probably because it comes on the heel of a few people seemingly taking glee out of him free falling in the draft like he had done something to them.  That was just weird.  Some seemed to be happier watching him fall than they were that the Colts drafted the guy they wanted.  

Don’t get me wrong I could care about Levis but again I could care what happened to him after the Colts didn’t draft him either.