Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

Just now, chad72 said:

Wow!!! WTH Irsay!!!

You have a new chapter in Colts history and you want to muddy the waters right off the bat in sensationalist ways. I don't understand. 

He's immature man.  Always has been. It's OK, but he has the tweeting habits of a 12 year old .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

I didn’t have time to watch the presser before now, but I don’t think he was that harsh or rude to be honest. However, I would always advise that a person in front of the media should try and explain why they are not going to answer the question. There can be many reasons why but at least give the media something to work with. Never ever give a talk-to-the-hand, so i guess we can agree that Steichen could improve his media handling here. 

But we are getting way off topic…

It was not my intention to make a big deal out of it. I just didn't like it, and think he could have handled it better. It also stood out pretty strongly next to Ballard, who always finds a way to handle questions he doesn't really intend to answer. He said it last week, sometimes he's dancing, and he's usually pretty smooth at it. Steichen is more of a body slammer.

By the way, there are times when I think that kind of response is in order. I just thought his response was unnecessarily short and standoffish there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Wow!!! WTH Irsay!!!

You have a new chapter in Colts history and you want to muddy the waters right off the bat in sensationalist ways. I don't understand. 

He's trolling, just like he did at Steichen's intro presser, just like he did with the bear photo.

If the Colts draft Levis today, I'll buy you a cookie.

Just now, Superman said:

He's trolling, just like he did at Steichen's intro presser, just like he did with the bear photo.

If the Colts draft Levis today, I'll buy you a cookie.

Better be the size of an XL pizza. :) 

Just now, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Irsay is really enjoying himself these days - that is a very good sign that he is pleased with the direction the Colts are going in. :cheer:

Thanks, that's was my read as well.

People are too tense these days, he's trolling... And yes, he's a bit too much on twiter sometimes, nobody is perfect.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe colts are planning on trading the 35th to a team that wants Levis. Lmao

You know what. This actually makes sense. Rams, whose OC was Liam Coen in 2022, is Kentucky's OC now in 2023, and was Kentucky's OC in 2021 when Levis had a good year, so Rams should have plenty of inside info on him. I see the Rams as a very good fit for Levis.

Titans and the other teams might not want to wait around to see if Levis gets past #36, so they get to #35

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

You know what. This actually makes sense. Rams, whose OC was Liam Coen, is Kentucky's OC now, and was Kentucky's OC in 2021 when Levis had a good year. I see the Rams as a very good fit for Levis. Titans and the other teams might not want to wait around to see if Levis gets past #36, so they get to #35

Levis could be a good fit for Tampa, LA Rams, Titans and even Minny.

But he would be a backup in all of those situations.

Just now, PRnum1 said:

However, of all those offensive systems, Rams and Vikings probably fit him the best. Plus, Stafford is older than Cousins, so they could groom Levis behind Stafford whose retirement may come earlier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

Obvious... That is where the groupthink starts... People think something is obvious when it is not. 

People thought is was obvious that Ballard was getting fired, after Reich was let go. 

It was actually obvious to me that Ballard was staying... And I created a thread stating so. 

The consensus of what was "obvious" was wrong. 

Wow, the great Nostradamus has spoken! I agreed with you in some of your posts concerning Ballard not getting fired but there was never a consensus on the site that he would by fired but some Ballard haters did think he would or more accurately was hoping he would. Far,far, far from a consensus.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

We don't have the draft capital to get him. I read that some teams are looking to move to the first pick in the second to draft Levis. I can't see us doing it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

You know what. This actually makes sense. Rams, whose OC was Liam Coen in 2022, is Kentucky's OC now in 2023, and was Kentucky's OC in 2021 when Levis had a good year, so Rams should have plenty of inside info on him. I see the Rams as a very good fit for Levis.

Titans and the other teams might not want to wait around to see if Levis gets past #36, so they get to #35

Colts trade down with a team wanting a QB will give colts more value back.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Are Colts fans hoping that a WR is drafted?

Any interest in trading for Hopkins?

We need young WRs to build chemistry with Richardson for the future, so maybe. But important that the team is not being build to peak to early before Richardson is ready, so Hopkins doesn’t make sense to me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

We need young WRs to build chemistry with Richardson for the future, so maybe. But important that the team being build to peak to early before Richardson is ready, so Hopkins doesn’t make sense to me. 

I just saw it on NFL Network and mentioned it.

One of the announcers on NFL Network said he believes Richardson will be a Hall of Famer.

I took the day off of work today. Glad I did to follow all of this. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lol Irsay 

I've defended Irsay's trolling before but this is beyond stupid. 1 hour before you present the future franchise QB you post this nonsense. wth is he thinking. What happens when some of the reporters ask Richardson for his opinion on his teams owner tweeting this?:facepalm:

• Like 4

Just now, NFLfan said:

Hi @smittywerb how do you like the draft pick?

LOVE IT!

I don’t know if you remember but Steichen was my second coach on my preferred list I wanted and Richardson was the second qb on my preferred list.  So this off-season has been good to me.

my opinion:  we wanted stroud but the panthers messed that up by trading up.  So Richardson was always plan b.  If we didn’t have Shane as I coach I wouldn’t have liked this pick.  But with Shane and his track record for developing qbs, I LOVE this pick.  

I’m not one of the fans who thought we were going to be competitive this year.  I knew we were headed for a mild rebuild but not a full one.  One thing I said is that the colts are one of the best teams to pick in the top 5 of a draft.  I think AR is coming into a good situation.  We don’t need him to have an immediate impact.  Let him develop and soak up everything.  I expect him to be fully ready to play by year 2.  If he was thrown to the fire I think he would be able to handle himself but due to his lack of experience, he would have a bad time eventually.  

All in all, I loved the pick and I have a good feeling he’s going to become an elite qb.  Lamar Jackson 2.0 is his ceiling.  

• Like 2