Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

54 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I agree. Ballars can’t have wanted him if he wouldn’t match that price. 

Ballard has consistently undervalued WRs in my opinion. 

Ballard isn't working in a vacuum here. They just hired a new coach that most seemed high on and I am !00% sure the new coach has a great deal of influence in the offense decisions being made. Many point to Campbell's small contract but 30 other teams had a shot at him and passed. I really was hoping  we would resign him but they are the ones getting paid to make these decisions and I have faith they have a plan.

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

@RollerColt - good signing with Orlando Brown Jr. for the Bengals from a run blocking point of view. He does well upright vs bull rushers but struggles against speed rushers with bend. Ossai of Bengals handily beat him several times, and one has to be scared of that vs Ravens and Steelers who have those kinds of rushers. Hopefully it works out for Burrow.

Orlando Brown was offered a 6 year $139 million contract with the Chiefs with more guaranteed money during the season that would have made him the highest paid tackle. He refused it and he ended up low balling himself in the process now while the Chiefs moved on. The same thing will happen to Lamar Jackson too, and other players if they think a team would be SO DESPERATE to sign them that they can refuse that team's best offer, and that team will even exceed their best offer several times to bend over backwards to sign them.

This is a good signing as it allows the team some options at the line. Collins will be ready by mid season it sounds like so it will be interesting to see what happens. The Bengals are at a similar point that we were at with Luck’s career. Let’s hope Joe stays healthier…

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I’m 

This is a poor take.  Last year was the only year he wasn’t injured.  And when he’s finally healthy the new poster boy receiver comes in in Pierce.  Our new deep threat.  They never even tried to target Campbell deep.  We didn’t have a quarterback who could hit anyone deep regardless even if they had the time which they didn’t.   Good grief.  Zach you don’t know what you’re talking about.  You look like a Shane apologist.  

• Like 2

Me i would have kept Campbell as the versatle slot bc of the cheap contract and gotten a true #1 speed receiver to play on the outside. I think Pierce is a solid #2. Problem is what to do with Pittman. Dulin would be #4 and whoever else #5

25 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I'm not drinking any kool-aid, buddy. I'm just not stating a personal opinion as fact, when it's obvious that Campbell when healthy and having an actual QB that can push the ball downfield consistently is a good receiver.

Well, he in NY now, so?

1 hour ago, El Potro said:

Chark, Pascal, Hardman, or Zaccheaus 

Pascal?    Pascal?!?

I’d like to think that chapter is closed.

People here want a more explosive receiving group and some float the name Zack Pascal?!?  The opposite of explosive.

Strange.   

• Like 2

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Pascal?    Pascal?!?

People here want a more explosive receiving group and some float the name Zack Pascal?!?  The opposite of explosive.

Strange.   

Pascal was a good blocking receiver for us. That's all.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Paris isn’t a vertical threat? SMH

Any receiver can have a deep reception. The question is what dominates his film. His yards per reception is about 10, which is well below average for the league.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Pascal?    Pascal?!?

Strange.   

Welcome to year 6 of Ballards 3 year rebuild. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What do Texans do if panthers take their guy?

'I think Bryce Young is to the Panthers, what Mac Jones was to the 49ers when they traded up.'

So... the guy they told everyone they wanted only to draft someone else?

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It’s day 4 and we still haven’t signed a FA OL who is not one of our own.  I find that surprising given the need.   

Don't worry. Ballard exercises his trademark patience farther into the free agent period before he plucks gems like Dennis Kelly and Julien Davenport. 

1 minute ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Don't worry. Ballard exercises his trademark patience farther into the free agent period before he plucks gems like Dennis Kelly and Julien Davenport. 

I think we traded a 5th for Pryor and now we have an extra 5th from the Gilmore trade.  Look out!  He has the ammo.