Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

24 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Benjamin Albright said both they could be trying to trade him but he is going to cost a very high draft pick and needs paid soon.

Draft is full of slot guys so Ballard can’t ignore WR.

Agreed, we need to address it through a trade or draft for sure.  Pittman is coming up for a payday as well, and think Alec can fill his role just fine.  Two big outside WR's is a bit unnecessary, so maybe a swap for Jeudy would be good for all parties

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He is really good in the slot and actually put up similar numbers as Paris did this year. It would help this run game a ton. Jeremy Fowler said more WR should come off board today.

We got a team full of guys who cant run. Need some speed somewhere besides Pierce. Dont see how Pascal helps that.

• Like 2

Man... we better have something up our sleeve. This whole cool, collected "take it easy" "we'll stay the course" "we won't overpay" from CB is officially getting old. I was originally on board with his philosophy but.... that philosophy is not winning these days.

We have no elite players at any of the positions that matter today. If we don't splash at WR, TE, or QB... man... and by splash I mean Lamar Jackson, Gesicki, a D Hop trade... we are so content with average it seems... because we wont overpay... or won't bring in "questionable" character... get with the times CB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

To be fair we probably shouldn’t be mad at losing someone when the offense was that bad. But Ballard has to replace it now.

To be fair -- it could have been as simple as Campbell's agent telling him "What was the Colts record last year?  What was the Giants record last year.  Which team has a greater chance of having a winning record next year?  Well, what do you want to do?"

• Like 4

Just now, John Hammonds said:

To be fair -- it could have been as simple as Campbell's agent telling him "What was the Colts record last year?  What was the Giants record last year.  Which team has a greater chance of having a winning record next year?  Well, what do you want to do?"

If that’s the case I think Parris made a bad mistake. I think Steichen would of been a good fit for him.

40 minutes ago, stitches said:

If this makes Ballard draft someone on day 2, I'm OK with it. ...

Highest paid Colts WR right now... Ashton Dulin. Our Kicker is higher paid than any of our WRs... 

Gotta pay the guy who puts points on the board! haha

• Like 1

How do Colts fans feel about the OL? If you are drafting a QB, I think having a strong OL is even more important than getting receivers. You need to protect the QB. You have Pittman, Dulin and can add some more. How are your TEs?

What about TE Dalton Schultz?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

How do Colts fans feel about the OL? If you are drafting a QB, I think having a strong OL is even more important than getting receivers. You need to protect the QB. You have Pittman, Dulin and can add some more. How are your TEs?

I am hopeful on OL if we move on from Kelly and upgrade at RG

I am genuinely excited about Raimann and his progress and development at LT

Even with down years after getting paid, I am still high on the ability to bounce back for Quenton and Braden.

We need to upgrade at OC and RG

I am actually high on the young TEs.

Ogletree is going to be a welcome surprise if he comes in healthy this year. Woods' potential is through the roof. Granson can still make things happen. 

We need a slot WR that can separate (I don't care how big they are size-wise even if Ballard does).

But it all starts w fixing OC and RG in my opinion.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, 07dleigh said:

Man... we better have something up our sleeve. This whole cool, collected "take it easy" "we'll stay the course" "we won't overpay" from CB is officially getting old. I was originally on board with his philosophy but.... that philosophy is not winning these days.

We have no elite players at any of the positions that matter today. If we don't splash at WR, TE, or QB... man... and by splash I mean Lamar Jackson, Gesicki, a D Hop trade... we are so content with average it seems... because we wont overpay... or won't bring in "questionable" character... get with the times CB

I think Parris wanted to go to a team for a one  year deal and then sign  a big  contract next year. He  knows the Colts will have a rookie so he is not going to get a lot of targets. I think we r  going to   use the three tight ends a lot. Not really worried about wr but would be nice to have another play maker. Need to fix the Oline and fast.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

I am hopeful on OL if we move on from Kelly and upgrade at RG

I am genuinely excited about Raimann and his progress and development at LT

Even with down years after getting paid, I am still high on the ability to bounce back for Quenton and Braden.

We need to upgrade at OC and RG

I am actually high on the young TEs.

Ogletree is going to be a welcome surprise if he comes in healthy this year. Woods' potential is through the roof. Granson can still make things happen. 

We need a slot WR that can separate (I don't care how big they are size-wise even if Ballard does).

But it all starts w fixing OC and RG in my opinion.

Thanks. Would Seumalo work for Indy? I'm surprised that he has not been signed. Connor McGovern is the top center according to NFL com. Do you like him?

Or would you like these position addressed through the draft?