Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl LVII, Feb. 12, 2023

NFLfan

Super Bowl LVII picks (for bragging rights)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which two teams will make it to Super Bowl LVII?

• Bengals and Eagles
    • Bengals and 49ers
    • Chiefs and Eagles
    • Chiefs and 49ers
  2. 2. Who wins Super Bowl LVII?

3. 3. Which team would you like to see win the 2023 Super Bowl?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/29/2023 at 08:00 PM

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Chiefs won it, Mahomes won it.

I watched the first possession, Eagles went up 7-0, my daughter turned it on a tad prematurely for Rihanna's half time show after the first half and I saw 21-14 Eagles. I said screw it, no way am I watching the Chiefs get creamed.

I turned it off. Just saw on ESPN ticker that the Chiefs won 38-35. I did everything right to reverse jinx the team I wanted to win all along, the Chiefs, Mahomes. I could not be happier.

Now, I go back to watch the SB in rewind now as to how it happened.

Chad, taking that jinx seriously.  :)

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, buccolts said:

The Eagles don't seem to do anything offensively unless Hurts is running, and I hate that offense.

I'll try to concentrate on his work with Rivers, and Herbert, instead.

I also REALLY hope he gives up play calling anyway.

The RBs seem kind of small to me.  Didn’t seem like power running.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Part KC fan I guess??

Guess we'll have to hear nonstop now about Mahomes is the new Brady...uggh

I wouldn't have felt bad if the Chiefs lost but would have felt bad for Mahomes if he got blown out like the previous SB because I love Mahomes as bad as I loved Peyton and Luck, that is the truth. Just don't love the Chiefs like I love the Colts. I do like them because of Andy Reid and because I like the AFC to win.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I wouldn't have felt bad if the Chiefs lost but would have felt bad for Mahomes if he got blown out like the previous SB because I love Mahomes as bad as I loved Peyton and Luck, that is the truth. Just don't love the Chiefs like I love the Colts. I do like them because of Andy Reid and because I like the AFC to win.

I'm a one team guy but to each their own of course.

No denying it's better being a KC fan nowadays.. Lol

Just now, #12. said:

What were you doing during the second half in Minnesota?  :)

Oh, that was over Thanksgiving weekend, wasn't it? My sister-in-law hosts Thanksgiving on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Didn't have any hopes for the game till I saw my church small group guy saying something about the Colts looking good that I checked later but we were in the middle of a meal. So checked back later and was glad I didn't watch any of it. It was all over by then.

28 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Needed help from the refs to win.

Bradbury always holds. What he got caught at was the everyday crap Belichecks CBS did to beat Manning so many times. He grabbed the shirt on the inside first to prevent getting smoked. Cheating and got busted.

I had no favorite in this game, I'm just glad it was competitive to the end.

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s what makes that offense good. That’s why it is so unpredictable. Imagine getting a QB that can do those things and having Taylor in the back field. We would be unstoppable. Now I don’t know if we will get one like hurts but I think Levis and Richardson can do similar things.

That's fine if that's what you want. That's not what I want.

"Unstoppable"? How many times have we said that and it worked out for us?

7 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Bradbury always holds. What he got caught at was the everyday crap Belichecks CBS did to beat Manning so many times. He grabbed the shirt on the inside first to prevent getting smoked. Cheating and got busted.

He just said I pulled his jersey I hoped  refs would let it slide.

New York Giants probably wondering why they let go of Kadarius Toney now, just like the Titans have been wondering all year why they let go of A J Brown. This is why I don't want the Colts to let go of Pittman and cling on to JT if they can't retain both. With a good QB, Pittman would be Tee Higgins like productive, if not JaMarr Chase productive, IMO.

I don’t even give a % about the holding call. 

What in the name of all that is good and holy was that Hail Mary attempt? This dude is an MVP candidate QB making the biggest throw of his life and that is the result?

I made a director’s cut of it and overdubbed a fart noise while the ball was on its way to well short of anyone and it’s the most appropriate thing I’ve ever seen. 

40 minutes ago, IinD said:

That second half eagles defense was very Colt like.. Lol... Total breakdowns several times...eessshh

The announcer said Gannon likes to play his safeties deep. Not as consistently deep as Gus I saw. Mahommes and Hurts both just picked apart the zone with quick, highly accurate passes. You take away a couple deep completions by Hurts and to a lesser degree Pat, and their passing game was much like Rivers. Smart, quick, highly accurate, no sacks. Two superb, athletic players.

Who wants to watch that?  Hahaha. Some whiners that's who.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Arizona might be thinking twice about Gannon. At least we don’t have to say that about Steichen .

With the way the league is geared towards offense, defensive HCs, are going to be a hard sell since the hiring of Sean McVay started things around the league.

28 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

“Always holds”. Only called once all game. To effectively end the game.

This is the problem.

The field being slippery caused Eagles kicker to slip after a kickoff, and pass rushers not getting home too.

In the very first game in Arizona, Chiefs kicker Butker slipped and got injured for 6 games on the same field. I don't know about you, someone has to look into this field. It was great for the offense but not so much for defense.

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The field being slippery caused Eagles kicker to slip after a kickoff, and pass rushers not getting home too.

In the very first game in Arizona, Chiefs kicker Butker slipped and got injured for 6 games on the same field. I don't know about you, someone has to look into this field. It was great for the offense but not so much for defense.

Sounds like the NFL dream.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Haha. He ran great, threw great and played like a SB MVP

And you whine. Go to bed Vanderjagt.

Would Colts fans take this over the offense they had this past year?  I know one fan would not. I wonder what others think.

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

I don’t even give a % about the holding call. 

What in the name of all that is good and holy was that Hail Mary attempt? This dude is an MVP candidate QB making the biggest throw of his life and that is the result?

I made a director’s cut of it and overdubbed a fart noise while the ball was on its way to well short of anyone and it’s the most appropriate thing I’ve ever seen. 

He slipped on the throw

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Well Brady than Brady being Brady right?! Lol we listened to Brady Brady Brady for 20 years. This is good mouthwash :lol:

Yeah because the one thing we need more of is a QB getting more credit than he deserves.

:vomit:

I won't be listening to anything about anything NFL-wise other than the draft through at least April

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I tried to tell everyone who would win, I won $200 last week picking Chiefs over Cincy, I won $200 again tonight picking Chiefs over Eagles. Kc Chiefs Football GIF by Kansas City ChiefsThe Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Your chiropractic bill must be incredibly high.  I’d guess you’re always twisting yourself into knots patting yourself on the back for how smart you are.   

That’s impressive for the man who in mid-October was also predicting the Colts were going to win the AFC South.   How’d that one work out?   

35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your chiropractic bill must be incredibly high.  I’d guess you’re always twisting yourself into knots patting yourself on the back for how smart you are.   

That’s impressive for the man who in mid-October was also predicting the Colts were going to win the AFC South.   How’d that one work out?   

Yeah I have been wrong on some predictions. I had the Colts winning the AFC South but so did you and about 80% of the media chuckling homer simpson GIF- I am not patting myself on the back for predicting the Chiefs would beat Cincy and the Eagles, just posting it because I won nice money and many in here wanted the Chiefs to lose. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I have been wrong on some predictions. I had the Colts winning the AFC South but so did you and about 80% of the media chuckling homer simpson GIF- I am not patting myself on the back for predicting the Chiefs would beat Cincy and the Eagles, just posting it because I won nice money and many in here wanted the Chiefs to lose. 

People wanting KC to lose because many were pulling for Philly and Steichen.   

As for your prediction,  please notice I didn’t fault you for predicting the Colts to win the South.   Yes, I sure did, as did many others here and many in the media.  All true.    

My fault with you was pointing out that you might’ve been the last to change your mind about the 22 Colts and finally recognize the coming train wreck.   

Archived