Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl LVII, Feb. 12, 2023

NFLfan

Super Bowl LVII picks (for bragging rights)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which two teams will make it to Super Bowl LVII?

• Bengals and Eagles
    • Bengals and 49ers
    • Chiefs and Eagles
    • Chiefs and 49ers
  2. 2. Who wins Super Bowl LVII?

3. 3. Which team would you like to see win the 2023 Super Bowl?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/29/2023 at 08:00 PM

53 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

People wanting KC to lose because many were pulling for Philly and Steichen.   

As for your prediction,  please notice I didn’t fault you for predicting the Colts to win the South.   Yes, I sure did, as did many others here and many in the media.  All true.    

My fault with you was pointing out that you might’ve been the last to change your mind about the 22 Colts and finally recognize the coming train wreck.   

Matt Ryan let me down, I was wrong thinking he could carry us.  

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt Ryan let me down, I was wrong thinking he could carry us.  

Matt Ryan let you down?    You think a season of 4-12-1 boils down to Matt Ryan?

Goodness Gracious. 

I think the list of people who let you down is incredibly long.   And Matt Ryan is only one of many.  

6 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I don’t even give a % about the holding call. 

What in the name of all that is good and holy was that Hail Mary attempt? This dude is an MVP candidate QB making the biggest throw of his life and that is the result?

I made a director’s cut of it and overdubbed a fart noise while the ball was on its way to well short of anyone and it’s the most appropriate thing I’ve ever seen. 

Keep in mind, hurts has a shoulder that was injured in the NFCCG

53 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Chiefs nation is already proclaiming him better than Manning. 

Yeah, those last two TD passes were a thing of beauty, to receivers who were covered by.....nobody. Kudos to the Chiefs play design and "Fool me Twice, shame on me" to Eagles defense.

Comparing eras is always going to happen, but never going to make any sense. Can't touch the QB, can't touch the receivers. 

Manning was top 2 of his generation. Currently, Mahomes is top 1 of his generation. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Ehhh maybe in some ways but Mahomes hasn’t changed the game, Peyton did. 

Another semi-serious leg injury and he will slow a step.  He's already not the same runner he used to be, both physically and mentally (avoids it more now than he used to).  Another injury and he'll think even more about running around and holding the ball, IMO.

It's not official, but I'm excited for what Steichen could bring to the Colts.  We need a good QB and a decent draft overall. If that happens, things can only improve. 

I wagered that Jalen Hurts would pass for over 240 yards (he got over 300) and Travis Kelce would get over 79 yards (he got over 80), so they both won me some money. I made out well. 

51 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Another semi-serious leg injury and he will slow a step.  He's already not the same runner he used to be, both physically and mentally (avoids it more now than he used to).  Another injury and he'll think even more about running around and holding the ball, IMO.

I was thinking the same thing. He’s a tough nut but eventually those injuries add up.  Mahomes is a great QB for sure. But he’s still human. And those ankles, especially the right one have had repeated injuries to them. 

52 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He was already playing on a high ankle sprain and he tweaked it in the first half. That’s why he was running funny. His foot speed may not be like Allen nor Tannehill, his agility is elite

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Keep in mind, hurts has a shoulder that was injured in the NFCCG

He slipped on that awful thing they called the football field yesterday. Several players changed cleats on both teams (O and D) and one of the worst fields for a SB in recent memory, IMO.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

He slipped on that awful thing they called the football field yesterday. Several players changed cleats on both teams (O and D) and one of the worst fields for a SB in recent memory, IMO.

Yeah... I think it's a good thing that 94 year old "Sodfather" is retiring. There was no reason for the field conditions to be like that in a stadium that hosts games on nearly a weekly basis, playing host for a world viewed championship game... They spent hundreds of thousands of dollars and that was the end result? 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/the-sodfather-groundskeeper-every-super-bowl-field-history-prepares-last-game

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I can definitely see the case that the Chiefs franchise is better than us for now. 4 Super Bowl appearances, 2 wins. 

First 5 years, outside Brady, I don’t see anyone else more successful than Mahomes. Unless some camera footage allegations come out for Chiefs, they won’t have the cloud the Patriots had, IMO.

Till Mahomes, the weird arm angles were frowned upon and the athleticism with weird arm angles and accuracy with arm strength made it a top ticket in town, just like when Peyton came on to the scene with no huddle and high level of execution scoring points like a machine. That’s the similarities folks see on a high level.

Having all these attributes is what makes Mahomes a trend setter. We’ve seen athletic, we’ve seen big arm, we’ve seen rushing QBs but being able to do all of them while being accurate and reading Ds is what makes Mahomes unique.

Mahomes opened the doors for guys like Murray and soon guys like Young/Richardson to be drafted, IMO though each come with their own flaws. The new fad with mobile QBs isn’t going away but soon folks will realize Mobile doesn’t mean much if it’s not accompanied with reading Ds and being accurate. Even Burrow has started moving more, just enough to augment his reading Ds and being Uber accurate.

13 minutes ago, runthepost said:

He was already playing on a high ankle sprain and he tweaked it in the first half. That’s why he was running funny. His foot speed may not be like Allen nor Tannehill, his agility is elite

No one is questioning his current agility or speed. We’re saying that he has slow a tad bit, which he has since the ankle injuries started a couple seasons ago. That just speaks to how good and fast he was and how good and fast he still is.

eventually though, as good as Mahomes is, Father Time is unbeaten. He will eventually slow down, or worse yet, have a serious injury to those legs that will slow him down. 

it’s why mobile QBs average less than 10 years in the league and pocket passers/semi mobile QBs average 15+

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

First 5 years, outside Brady, I don’t see anyone else more successful than Mahomes. Unless some camera footage allegations come out for Chiefs, they won’t have the cloud the Patriots had, IMO.

Till Mahomes, the weird arm angles were frowned upon and the athleticism with weird arm angles and accuracy with arm strength made it a top ticket in town, just like when Peyton came on to the scene with no huddle and high level of execution scoring points like a machine. That’s the similarities folks see on a high level.

Having all these attributes is what makes Mahomes a trend setter. We’ve seen athletic, we’ve seen big arm, we’ve seen rushing QBs but being able to do all of them while being accurate and reading Ds is what makes Mahomes unique.

Mahomes opened the doors for guys like Murray and soon guys like Young/Richardson to be drafted, IMO though each come with their own flaws. The new fad with mobile QBs isn’t going away but soon folks will realize Mobile doesn’t mean much if it’s not accompanied with reading Ds and being accurate. Even Burrow has started moving more, just enough to augment his reading Ds and being Uber accurate.

Well said

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

Not just recently.  He's been avoiding contact for a few seasons now. I'm not saying it isn't the smart thing to do, but he's becoming less physical every season. 

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Not just recently.  He's been avoiding contact for a few seasons now. I'm not saying it isn't the smart thing to do, but he's becoming less physical every season. 

Yes, that is the smart thing to do. That is also because he is trusting his own ability to read Ds and because they let go of Tyreek Hill, it has actually made him a better QB to trust and spread around the ball more that teams can't take away 1 or 2 options alone and expect him to fail. Just like they did in the 2020 SB and 2021 AFCCG when Bucs and Bengals took out Kelce and Hill, and he got flustered.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Matt Ryan let you down?    You think a season of 4-12-1 boils down to Matt Ryan?

Goodness Gracious. 

I think the list of people who let you down is incredibly long.   And Matt Ryan is only one of many.  

The whole team did = Taylor and Leonard as well. You seem hurt the Chiefs won because you never attack me. It is ok though because I even get some right. When I say attack, it is just at times you nit pick my posts when you are in a bad mood. I still love you. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I was happy with the Superbowl.   Good close game and the AFC came out on top.   I've never liked the Eagles or their fans.  

I can't stand Eagles fans, all week long when I was at work, they called in sports radio and were bragging saying they would win by at least 10. Not only that they are rude and dangerous to be around at a game. Only way I would go to an Eagles game on the road is if I had my Friend Big Bill, Big Clay, and Brent. I guarantee they would keep trap shut. Big Bill weighs 330 pound, Clay is also 330, Brent is 230 and athletic. They pick on fans when the numbers favor them, I have read about it a bunch on youtube, they threw batteries at Santa even. Screw them fans, Mahomes took them out Happy Kansas City Chiefs GIF by Jomboy MediaThe Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- Homer is lmao , I love this outcome. As far as Mahomes being better than Manning, not yet, Manning won 5 MVP's and Brady is the GOAT, JMO.

If it weren't for the Eagles fans and Chiefs fans I'd probably support their teams more. But I will say this, I absolutely love Mahomes as a player and person (except when he beats us and the Bengals!) and I'm really starting to like Hurts. It could be those two teams for years to come competing on the biggest stage. 

Honestly, we might be living in a QB renaissance timeline heading into next season and beyond. Mahomes, Hurts, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, and even Lawrence are going to be creating some massive entertainment for years to come. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

If it weren't for the Eagles fans and Chiefs fans I'd probably support their teams more. But I will say this, I absolutely love Mahomes as a player and person (except when he beats us and the Bengals!) and I'm really starting to like Hurts. It could be those two teams for years to come competing on the biggest stage. 

Honestly, we might be living in a QB renaissance timeline heading into next season and beyond. Mahomes, Hurts, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, and even Lawrence are going to be creating some massive entertainment for years to come. 

Eagles, Ravens, Jets fans are the worse IMO. Eagles fans can go suck eggs, that is what I think of it haha . Pats fans aren't that bad, they won a lot and should brag. I have 0 problem with Chiefs fans.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Eagles, Ravens, Jets fans are the worse IMO. Eagles fans can go suck eggs, that is what I think of it haha . Pats fans aren't that bad, they won a lot and should brag. I have 0 problem with Chiefs fans.

Chiefs fans calling for Luck to get injured is what soured me on that whole fan base. The things they write across the internet are downright appalling sometimes. There's trash talk, and then there's taking it way too far. They go past the line and then keep going too much for my taste. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Chiefs fans calling for Luck to get injured is what soured me on that whole fan base. The things they write across the internet are downright appalling sometimes. There's trash talk, and then there's taking it way too far. They go past the line and then keep going too much for my taste. 

I did not see that about Andrew. They know Andrew would still beat them is why Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am probably the only one in a good mood today in here because I wanted the Chiefs to win and I won $200. I don't understand why people hate the Chiefs? 

I like the storied franchise and Mahomes. Like I said, I think it has to do with the fanbase is why so many of us aren't fans. But they've earned the right to talk trash and be ridiculous. 4 years, 3 appearances and 2 rings. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

I like the storied franchise and Mahomes. Like I said, I think it has to do with the fanbase is why so many of us aren't fans. But they've earned the right to talk trash and be ridiculous. 4 years, 3 appearances and 2 rings. 

I added to my post, see above. If their fanbase wished harm on Andrew than that is disappointing but it was probably just a handful of dummy's on twitter. 

My 2022 wrong and right predictions:

I picked the Bills to win the SB before season- Wrong, ring the music.

I picked the Colts to win the AFC South, - Wrong, ring the music.

I made up for it though, I picked Chiefs over Cincy and Chiefs over Eagles and won $200 on both games.

50/50 isn't bad. I am ahead money wise as well The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I added to my post, see above. If their fanbase wished harm on Andrew than that is disappointing but it was probably just a handful of dummy's on twitter. 

Their fans send more hate our way than pretty much anyone else on twitter and reddit.  Not just friendly trash talk but really nasty things that shouldnt be said.  Doesnt really mean anything but its enough for me to root against them

Titans fans say a lot too but its not as bad

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not only that they are rude and dangerous to be around at a game. lmao , I love this outcome.

As far as Mahomes being better than Manning, not yet, Manning won 5 MVP's and Brady is the GOAT, JMO.

Mahomes has definitely moved into the Top 10 conversation of all time, IMO, assuming he is healthy for 5 more years.

2 more SBs to match Montana and he would be Top 3 only behind Brady and Montana, IMO. But like you said, NOT YET.  The only reason he would be behind Montana even IF he matched 4 SBs is because Montana thrived in a time when the QB could take all kinds of shots and blows to the head. Right now, Andy Reid and Mahomes are the Bill Walsh and Joe Montana of this current generation, I can definitely see the offensive HC mastermind similarities.

1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

Their fans send more hate our way than pretty much anyone else on twitter and reddit.  Not just friendly trash talk but really nasty things that shouldnt be said.  Doesnt really mean anything but its enough for me to root against them

Titans fans say a lot too but its not as bad

I've never seen any hate from Chiefs fans.  i don't use Twitter or Reddit though. 

Here is another tidbit I heard about Belichick. When his teams play other teams with white jerseys, he makes sure to ask his DBs to wear white gloves so that holding and PI are harder to spot. He did that while harassing the Rams and Goff with McVay in the 2018 SB when they wore white jerseys.

Gosh, those small details that some of us don't pay too much attention to, that is why Belichick coached so many good Ds and continues to do so. 

Just now, BlackTiger said:

Thats the only place i hear from them at all and its pretty bad, even compared to pretty much every other team

If you go to ArrowheadPride, just like we are on our forums, there are far more knowledgeable and less abrasive jerks there.

Twitter and Reddit - no one can explain their viewpoints with such limited content written. I wouldn't like Twitter at all for that reason.

35 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If you go to ArrowheadPride, just like we are on our forums, there are far more knowledgeable and less abrasive jerks there.

Twitter and Reddit - no one can explain their viewpoints with such limited content written.

I only use reddit but it has a lot of reposts from twitter

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am probably the only one in a good mood today in here because I wanted the Chiefs to win and I won $200. I don't understand why people hate the Chiefs? They don't cheat and have a lovable coach even lmao . Mahomes is so humble and he could talk smack if he wanted too with his accomplishments.

I'm in a good mood even though I wanted the Eagles to win. Both Travis Kelce and Jalen Hurts won me money because of the wagers I made on their yardage. Hurts over 240; Kelce over 79. 

Mahomes can talk all he wants to, as he has earned it. Reid is not a lovable coach; I don't care about him as a person because of his family problems, which I feel he's partly responsible for. 

Also when Washington was forced to change their team's name, Kansas City was given a pass. Even the Cleveland baseball team had to change their name, so what made the Chiefs so special? No one should have had to change anything, but since they did KC should have been part of it. I don't like the favoritism they were shown.  

Archived