Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl LVII, Feb. 12, 2023

NFLfan

Super Bowl LVII picks (for bragging rights)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which two teams will make it to Super Bowl LVII?

• Bengals and Eagles
    • Bengals and 49ers
    • Chiefs and Eagles
    • Chiefs and 49ers
  2. 2. Who wins Super Bowl LVII?

3. 3. Which team would you like to see win the 2023 Super Bowl?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/29/2023 at 08:00 PM

28 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I'm in a good mood even though I wanted the Eagles to win. Both Travis Kelce and Jalen Hurts won me money because of the wagers I made on their yardage. Hurts over 240; Kelce over 79. 

Mahomes can talk all he wants to, as he has earned it. Reid is not a lovable coach; I don't care about him as a person because of his family problems, which I feel he's partly responsible for. 

Also when Washington was forced to change their team's name, Kansas City was given a pass. Even the Cleveland baseball team had to change their name, so what made the Chiefs so special? No one should have had to change anything, but since they did KC should have been part of it. I don't like the favoritism they were shown.  

Indians used a stereotype logo. Washington used an offensive name. Chiefs and their logo are not an issue. Same reason why the Indianapolis Indians are still the Indians. 

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

Capture.jpg

Someone pls send this to Ballard. In fact glue it to his front door. 

Anyway, back to the game.......mostly a great game, glad it was close. The holding call was ticky tack shame to end that way, but whatever, probably wouldn't have made a diff. But I'm already sick of how the media is slobbering all over Mahomes as if he carried the team on his back and after a few short years belongs in any "greatest ever" conversation. It was a total team effort. The run game was effective when it needed to be and the D really turned it on in the second half. Oh a free TD on Hurts' fumble and the long kick return and a WR so open Stephen Hawking could've hit him didn't hurt either. Without all that the Chiefs and Mr Amazing probably lose. 

9 hours ago, jonjon said:

Someone pls send this to Ballard. In fact glue it to his front door. 

Anyway, back to the game.......mostly a great game, glad it was close. The holding call was ticky tack shame to end that way, but whatever, probably wouldn't have made a diff. But I'm already sick of how the media is slobbering all over Mahomes as if he carried the team on his back and after a few short years belongs in any "greatest ever" conversation. It was a total team effort. The run game was effective when it needed to be and the D really turned it on in the second half. Oh a free TD on Hurts' fumble and the long kick return and a WR so open Stephen Hawking could've hit him didn't hurt either. Without all that the Chiefs and Mr Amazing probably lose. 

It will take a while for me to say Mahomes is the GOAT but he is now arguably top 10. TOP 3 are Brady, Montana, and Peyton for many reasons I have already posted on.

12 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I'm in a good mood even though I wanted the Eagles to win. Both Travis Kelce and Jalen Hurts won me money because of the wagers I made on their yardage. Hurts over 240; Kelce over 79. 

Mahomes can talk all he wants to, as he has earned it. Reid is not a lovable coach; I don't care about him as a person because of his family problems, which I feel he's partly responsible for. 

Also when Washington was forced to change their team's name, Kansas City was given a pass. Even the Cleveland baseball team had to change their name, so what made the Chiefs so special? No one should have had to change anything, but since they did KC should have been part of it. I don't like the favoritism they were shown.  

Just asking, but is it Andy's fault what his son did? And his players love him. What his son did is not his fault. That would be like me making a mistake and someone saying my mom is not good person, she is, so that line is poppycock. 

57 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just asking, but is it Andy's fault what his son did? And his players love him. What his son did is not his fault. That would be like me making a mistake and someone saying my mom is not good person, she is, so that line is poppycock. 

I thought the same.   His players seem to really like him and he is a great coach, so I don't really find any fault in him.  

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Absolutely 100% right. At some point, we all stand as our own man to take accountability for what we have done. If you believe in a maker (if you don't, it doesn't apply to you), you are judged as yourself, not piggybacking on some other man or woman that brought you up or that you raised, as an excuse for any of your actions.

Just like I can only guide my teenage daughter to do the right things but beyond a point, she is her own person as an adult without me hovering over her. You teach them to do the right things but each individual shapes their own life and adapts to their own circumstances in different ways, and some make mistakes along the way. It would be downright judgemental and poppycock like you said (at that point one would need to examine their own bias and ego in the mirror) to blame a Dad or Mom for the mistakes of an adult child unless the parent has a history of abuse, IMO. Even then, the adult child can overcome those circumstances and do the right things in life.

I admit that I tend to be judgmental on some parents since I don't have children of my own. I guess it's easy to do that when I've never had the responsibility of raising children. Like I feel parents do something wrong even if not everything is their fault. Not one of my best traits, something I need to work on. 

I'm glad and proud to say I didn't watch, not one play. I didn't Boycott like I heard so many said on social media they would do after the bengals/chiefs embarrassing officiating. 

I just wasn't interested in watching something I had no rooting interest in either team. And also something that more and more people are saying its scripted and for their Box Office players and teams. Pats and Brady for 20 seasons and everyone is glad that's over. But are they now replaced by the football gods with Mahomes and Reid? Looks like it. :yuk:

Well maybe Payton coming in the same division now will be a obstacle and a Box Office  himself for the Football Gods and the advertisers? 

I got a phone call Monday night from a friend letting me know of yet another big game decided late by a ref. That's when I found out who won lol. 

Anyway ill keep a eye out on the colts and see how the off season goes and what happens regarding drafting a QB. 

And MLB is not too far off and my granddaughter and myself are going to get into Sim Racing!!! 

We're deciding which rigs(cockpits) and racing wheels to get. 

Were graduating from game controllers. :goodluck:

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I'm glad and proud to say I didn't watch, not one play. I didn't Boycott like I heard so many said on social media they would do after the bengals/chiefs embarrassing officiating. 

I just wasn't interested in watching something I had no rooting interest in either team. And also something that more and more people are saying its scripted and for their Box Office players and teams. Pats and Brady for 20 seasons and everyone is glad that's over. But are they now replaced by the football gods with Mahomes and Reid? Looks like it. :yuk:

Well maybe Payton coming in the same division now will be a obstacle and a Box Office  himself for the Football Gods and the advertisers? 

I got a phone call Monday night from a friend letting me know of yet another big game decided late by a ref. That's when I found out who won lol. 

Anyway ill keep a eye out on the colts and see how the off season goes and what happens regarding drafting a QB. 

And MLB is not too far off and my granddaughter and myself are going to get into Sim Racing!!! 

The PI call at the end was a Good call. Even Bradberry said it was and Nick said it was. Things are unfortunate when the refs need to make the right call. It is when they miss a call is what angers me. Like the Saints/Rams no call in 2018. 2 weeks ago that clearly was a late hit on Mahomes as well, just a dumb play by the Bengals player. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The PI call at the end was a Good call. Even Bradberry said it was and Nick said it was. Things are unfortunate when the refs need to make the right call. It is when they miss a call is what angers me. Like the Saints/Rams no call in 2018. 2 weeks ago that clearly was a late hit on Mahomes as well, just a dumb play by the Bengals player. 

No one is saying the personal foul against Mahomes was a bad call.  But I noticed you failed to mention the calls and no calls that went against the Bengals. 

Mahomes works the refs as good if not better than Brady ever did.  

9 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

You missed a great game.  

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

No one is saying the personal foul against Mahomes was a bad call.  But I noticed you failed to mention the calls and no calls that went against the Bengals. 

Mahomes works the refs as good if not better than Brady ever did.  

Nothing personal towards you and let me say I think you are a good poster in here. Having said that, you sound sour that KC beat Cincinnati. You also wanted the Eagles to win. The Refs weren't that bad in either games, the opposing team made dumb plays at the end. If the refs do not call those penalties, than it looks like KC is being cheated. We got cheated in 1995 and it was clear, kordell goes out of bounds and comes back in, catches a TD and the refs let it slide. That is the definition of bad reffing.

Also how does Mahomes work the Refs? He didn't get 1 roughing call in the pocket that would make anyone scratch thier head. He got the call in the end but you have even posted it was a good call = the Cincinnati game. He got tackled way out of bounds. It is what it is.

57 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nothing personal towards you and let me say I think you are a good poster in here. Having said that, you sound sour that KC beat Cincinnati. You also wanted the Eagles to win. The Refs weren't that bad in either games, the opposing team made dumb plays at the end. If the refs do not call those penalties, than it looks like KC is being cheated. We got cheated in 1995 and it was clear, kordell goes out of bounds and comes back in, catches a TD and the refs let it slide. That is the definition of bad reffing.

Also how does Mahomes work the Refs? He didn't get 1 roughing call in the pocket that would make anyone scratch thier head. He got the call in the end but you have even posted it was a good call = the Cincinnati game. He got tackled way out of bounds. It is what it is.

To me, Colin Cowherd put it best.

Complaining about the timing of 1 late call is like complaining about a late game hand check foul in a close NBA game in the last minute while ignoring the fact your team missed 10 free throws and had 15 turnovers leading to the game being in that state at that point.

Ignoring 2 Burrow INTs or sacks his OL gave up, ignoring the defensive TD or largest punt return given up in SB history by the Eagles despite a 36-24 TOP advantage and a missed FG by the Chiefs, ignoring how perfect the Chiefs had to play to get 3 out of 3 TDs in 3 drives after the half. Any close game always has a close call at some point. 

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

To me, Colin Cowherd put it best.

Complaining about the timing of 1 late call is like complaining about a late game hand check foul in a close NBA game in the last minute while ignoring the fact your team missed 10 free throws and had 15 turnovers leading to the game being in that state at that point.

Ignoring 2 Burrow INTs or sacks his OL gave up, ignoring the defensive TD or largest punt return given up in SB history by the Eagles despite a 36-24 TOP advantage and a missed FG by the Chiefs, ignoring how perfect the Chiefs had to play to get 3 out of 3 TDs in 3 drives after the half. Any close game always has a close call at some point. 

Great post. Cincinnati and Philly had so many chances to put the game out of reach. Burrow made some costly mistakes and Philly had a 10 point lead at halftime and couldn't close. Hurts also gave KC 7 points by just fumbling. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I only watched the last quarter of the Bengal game and that late hit was questionable.... And when I say questionable I mean I question that a player, a professional, can be that dumb to make a stupid for no reason shove knowing time is running out and they need that extra 15 yard penalty to kick the winning FG....and then looking like he pretended to injure himself on the play?? 

But what I saw was the refs took over in favor of KC and one series gave them 5 downs! Eisen said the Bengals got called for Holding on 5th Down, lol. 

I seen enough and I heard Twitter and the internet went wild talking about the favorism(putting it nicely) that the chiefs received and many said how bad the NFL is and comparing it to Wrestling etc.... and they were Boycotting the super bowl. I don't know how many actually did but I imagine a lot of Bengal fans did and I know the city of New Orleans did a few years ago. 

I'm mostly going to keep a eye on the colts and pay very little attention to the league other than for betting purposes. More and more people are seeing the lack of integrity of the game and that its more entertainment. But it will still be popular because of gambling and fantasy and the way movies are.Wrestling has its niche too in the  entertainment world. 

4 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

More like I missed a good script. But like the movies where the guy gets the girl at the end, Mahomes & Reid get to raise the trophy. Lol

I don't believe that at all.   Both teams were trying very hard.   

• NFLfan unpinned this topic

Archived