Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vikings game

Hammer

8 minutes ago, Hammer said:

My son was able to secure tickets and pre-game field passes early on this season.  I never dreamed we'd be out of it. Now, I wish we didn't have to go. What a joke!

Your enjoyment will depend on what you are hoping will happen.  With the season over for the Colts, I think most fans are hoping for losses to get better draft spots.  However, if you are at a game, it would be hard not to root for the Colts to win.  The Colts will be coming off a bye week and that will give them a better chance. 

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

Your enjoyment will depend on what you are hoping will happen.  With the season over for the Colts, I think most fans are hoping for losses to get better draft spots.  However, if you are at a game, it would be hard not to root for the Colts to win.  The Colts will be coming off a bye week and that will give them a better chance. 

Definitely, mixed emotions.

On 12/5/2022 at 5:23 AM, Hammer said:

My son was able to secure tickets and pre-game field passes early on this season.  I never dreamed we'd be out of it. Now, I wish we didn't have to go. What a joke!

Come on, dude!

Spending time with your son is priceless!

Make the best of it because it could be great to experience and remember.

I bet there are dads out there that wish they had that opportunity.

Win or lose…you WIN :thmup:

On 12/5/2022 at 8:13 AM, chad72 said:

Vikings D doesn’t scare many, so I expect the Colts to score over 20 points. The question will be how many short fields and points will we give up? I’m thinking over 30.

The prob is, the Colts O scares nobody.

I think the real question is, how many turnovers will this Offense give up 

1 hour ago, Mighty Blue said:

Come on, dude!

Spending time with your son is priceless!

Make the best of it because it could be great to experience and remember.

I bet there are dads out there that wish they had that opportunity.

Win or lose…you WIN :thmup:

Good point..But, if you must know, my son and I go hunting just about every weekend and sometimes mid-week. Most of the time we bring one or more of my grandkids along.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:23 AM, Hammer said:

I'm glad I didn't buy any tickets early, because I definitely would not want to go through the hassle and expense of going to any of these remaining games. 

I'll watch on TV, but I'm out on spending money and hassle lol. 

6 hours ago, IinD said:

At least we don't have to wait until midnight for a loss this week.

Nice early Saturday afternoon L... Lol

I'll take a bet the colts don't lose this week.... and depending on what happens between now and next week I think the Colts can beat the Vikes.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:23 AM, Hammer said:

I am still debating on going as my GF and I are going to Minneapolis that weekend and MOA. We are trying to find decent price tickets. Either go to that game or go to Wild game

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/kevin-oconnell-hints-potential-defensive-adjustments-after-vikings-loss-detroit

Ed Donatell's defense now ranks 32nd in the NFL in yards allowed after another woeful showing.

...Ed Donatell's unit gave up over 400 yards for the fifth consecutive game in Sunday's 34-23 loss against the Lions, which is the longest streak in franchise history. Jared Goff was under very little pressure, throwing for 330 yards and three touchdowns without being sacked or turning the ball over. The Vikings' secondary had another coverage bust on Detroit's first touchdown and barely covered anyone in a blue uniform all game...

Vikings have not beaten us in the last 25 years, let that sink in. :) December 1997 was when they beat us last.

Like the Steelers that we haven't beaten since 2008, or the Eagles that we haven't beaten since 2006, and the Packers that we have always beaten since 2008, this Vikings trend is another of those.

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Over/under Jefferson gets 150 by halftime haha

I would take the under. Bradley plays the funnel defense which exposes the middle and clamps down the outside better. If they are smart, they will move Jefferson to the middle more as he is just as good from the slot. Once they see the middle is more open, they may do that in the second half and he gets 150 by the end of the game. :) 

The Vikings are very beatable, even by a team as bad as the Colts.

They're 10-3, and after yesterday's loss, they have a negative point differential (312-313). That might be a first. They have the worst yards allowed defense in the league, give up the most passing yards, their defense isn't good on third down or in the red zone, and they can't stop the run. They are a feast or famine defense that does a decent job of forcing turnovers and getting sacks, and almost nothing else well. 

That's a problem for the Colts, because our offense turns the ball over and gives up a lot of pressures. I'm not predicting we win this game, but I think a reasonable game plan can counteract what the Vikings do well on defense, and expose what they do poorly. 

And on the opposite side of the ball, their offense has playmakers, but our defense can match up pretty well versus what they do. Justin Jefferson is a problem, but we can handle him if we execute. We actually had a decent gameplan against the Cowboys, but made a couple of mistakes that allowed them some big plays (and then the last quarter, which was an aberration). 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

They're 10-3, and after yesterday's loss, they have a negative point differential (312-313). That might be a first. They have the worst yards allowed defense in the league, give up the most passing yards, their defense isn't good on third down or in the red zone, and they can't stop the run. They are a feast or famine defense that does a decent job of forcing turnovers and getting sacks, and almost nothing else well. 

That's a problem for the Colts, because our offense turns the ball over and gives up a lot of pressures. I'm not predicting we win this game, but I think a reasonable game plan can counteract what the Vikings do well on defense, and expose what they do poorly. 

And on the opposite side of the ball, their offense has playmakers, but our defense can match up pretty well versus what they do. Justin Jefferson is a problem, but we can handle him if we execute. We actually had a decent gameplan against the Cowboys, but made a couple of mistakes that allowed them some big plays (and then the last quarter, which was an aberration). 

The bolded is an astounding stat.  There really aren't any great teams in the league right now. 

On 12/5/2022 at 7:23 AM, Hammer said:

I went to the philly game and had a great time.  You may be surprised with it all.  

With JT and the defense i think there is always a chance to win.

On 12/5/2022 at 7:23 AM, Hammer said:

This IS a winnable game!!

The Colts are coming off an humiliating defeat vs the Cowboys - AND - have had a bye week to think about it.

I don't think many folks expected the Lions to beat the Vikings last weekend.

The Colts CAN DO IT - if they all pack their "A-game" for the trip to Minnesota.

Does anyone else smell an upset percolating?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/12/christian-darrisaw-is-expected-to-return-for-week-15/

Christian Darrisaw is expected to return for Week 15

...Left tackle Christian Darrisaw and center Garrett Bradbury are set to return in Week 14 against the Colts...

...Darrisaw’s return is particularly important, as O’Connell said Blake Brandel — who had replaced Darrisaw at left tackle — suffered a torn MCL on Sunday and will be out for at least four weeks...

23 hours ago, Superman said:

Yeah, that's my worry too. The Vikings have great win-loss record but I'm not impressed by their play and we matchup well against their strengths and weaknesses. I really hope we don't do something stupid... Last two weeks have gone almost perfectly for us with tons of other teams around our record winning. It would be totally Colts like to screw ourselves and win a game we have no business winning. 

16 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I have a strange feeling the Colts are winning this game

Something abort what Jeff Saturday has said he has talked to Ryan and players pressers has a weird thing in my gut too. Add to that Saturday and parks had a bye week to try and change things up a little. Vikings can clinch the division so I hope they win. I wouldn’t mind a close entertaining game and lose it at the end.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Yeah, that's my worry too. The Vikings have great win-loss record but I'm not impressed by their play and we matchup well against their strengths and weaknesses. I really hope we don't do something stupid... Last two weeks have gone almost perfectly for us with tons of other teams around our record winning. It would be totally Colts like to screw ourselves and win a game we have no business winning. 

Vikings have not beaten us since December 1997. Just saying. :) 

Kirk Cousins is inconsistent. He can have a great game or have a game where he does nothing. It will help if the Colts can put pressure on Cousins and create some mistakes. 

The Colts need to stop getting penalties and shooting themselves in the foot. The Lions showed how vulnerable the Vikings' defense is. Jonathan Taylor should have a good game, as well as Michael Pittman. Justin Jefferson will be a problem, so they should focus on him. 

I'm expecting the Colts to bounce back, and maybe not win, but be competitive. 

Robert Foster, former Alabama WR, lands with Colts

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/robert-foster-former-alabama-wr-lands-with-new-nfl-team/

...Indianapolis Colts signed the former Alabama wide receiver to their practice squad.

Foster, who originally made the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Buffalo Bills in 2018, has played in 30 career games (7 starts) in his time with the New York Giants (2022), Dallas Cowboys (2021-22), Miami Dolphins (2021), Washington Commanders (2020), Green Bay Packers (2020) and Buffalo Bills (2018-20).

8 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Robert Foster, former Alabama WR, lands with Colts

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/robert-foster-former-alabama-wr-lands-with-new-nfl-team/

...Indianapolis Colts signed the former Alabama wide receiver to their practice squad.

Foster, who originally made the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Buffalo Bills in 2018, has played in 30 career games (7 starts) in his time with the New York Giants (2022), Dallas Cowboys (2021-22), Miami Dolphins (2021), Washington Commanders (2020), Green Bay Packers (2020) and Buffalo Bills (2018-20).

I like Robert Foster, he had one good season with Bills in his rookie years but fell out of favor. I thought he had good hands and catch radius, maybe he doesn't get separation in the pros. 

Archived