Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 - Practice Report (Eagles)

EastStreet

Goedert being OUT really takes a lot of pressure off the Colts defense. I think if they can keep AJ Brown in check and force Justin Hurts to beat them with guys like Quez Watkins and DeVonte Smith, the Colts have a great chance to win this game. The Eagles for some reason don't run the ball with Miles Sanders as much as they should be as Nick Sirianni loves throwing the ball which the Colts need to be ready for on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I expect a lot of screen passes from the Eagles this week.

We are so bad vs the screen

They put a ton of pressure on the Ends.

I wonder if we will see less of Yannick?  PHI is loaded to exploit the upfield, wide rush. both with End Read plays running and screens. 

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

They put a ton of pressure on the Ends.

I wonder if we will see less of Yannick?  PHI is loaded to exploit the upfield, wide rush. both with End Read plays running and screens. 

i listened to Gus most recent interview and he was asked about Yannick and his down year so far. Bradley said he'll keep going, and that he's really been trying to improve his run game. I agree, it'll be a good test. 

Ej Speed spy on Hurts? take some pressure off the ends

7 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

i listened to Gus most recent interview and he was asked about Yannick and his down year so far. Bradley said he'll keep going, and that he's really been trying to improve his run game. I agree, it'll be a good test. 

Ej Speed spy on Hurts? take some pressure off the ends

I don't think you'd 'spy' Hurts.    They run read option/RPO as a base.  In order to play this well you just have to have people all do their jobs and not over pursue.  You spy the QB, then he just hand it to the RB, or pulls it and flips it out to the flat or over the middle the spy vacated. 

The key is you just have to have patient, very disciplined defending by ends and LBs.  

I don't know if Gus plays his beloved LEO v. this type of team.  To me the position would seem to be a liability running up the field every play. 

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I don't think you'd 'spy' Hurts.    They run read option/RPO as a base.  In order to play this well you just have to have people all do their jobs and not over pursue.  You spy the QB, then he just hand it to the RB, or pulls it and flips it out to the flat or over the middle the spy vacated. 

The key is you just have to have patient, very disciplined defending by ends and LBs.  

I don't know if Gus plays his beloved LEO v. this type of team.  To me the position would seem to be a liability running up the field every play. 

yeah im not sure how often we utilize a spy, but regardless of what the plan is, once they break contain, they break contain. you need a guy watching the QB. rather you want to label it a spy or not, the backer has to account for it regardless. 

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

yeah im not sure how often we utilize a spy, but regardless of what the plan is, once they break contain, they break contain. you need a guy watching the QB. rather you want to label it a spy or not, the backer has to account for it regardless. 

These offenses are really geared toward taking advantage of aggressive upfield rush, and aggressive side to side over pursuit. 

I'm pretty sure Colts will do some things that are noticecably differetent than their norm. 

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

These offenses are really geared toward taking advantage of aggressive upfield rush, and aggressive side to side over pursuit. 

I'm pretty sure Colts will do some things that are noticecably differetent than their norm. 

You'd really hope so at least....

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Well for my understanding of a zone read/RPO type of offense you have to have guys in all the possible places that the ball might go on the option.  When you spy, you'd be decreasing chances that all of those areas would be covered. 

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

They’re going to expect for us to have the same game plan as Washington, run the ball and control the clock.  They’ll load the box like every other team has done and dare us to pass.

This will be the real test for the Oline.  

Eagles hit exploited in run defense what do they do sign to vets who are good at run stopping , colts keep putting Pryor out there for 10 weeks and never tried to bring real vet in, reason we have the record we have now 

21 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Well for my understanding of a zone read/RPO type of offense you have to have guys in all the possible places that the ball might go on the option.  When you spy, you'd be decreasing chances that all of those areas would be covered. 

well im not saying they would only spy... but you'd be mistaken if you think we won't have players watching hurts. Leonard was that player in the past, but his limited speed now would remove him from that role if he was playing. I suspect it to be Okereke and Speed.

But regardless of what you wanna label it, we definitely will have a guy waiting for the scramble. 

23 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

well im not saying they would only spy... but you'd be mistaken if you think we won't have players watching hurts. Leonard was that player in the past, but his limited speed now would remove him from that role if he was playing. I suspect it to be Okereke and Speed.

But regardless of what you wanna label it, we definitely will have a guy waiting for the scramble. 

I’m not talking specifically about scrambling.  I’m talking about the called option running game.  

we’ve faced guys in Mahomes and Lawrence who scramble, but haven’t faced a QB who runs much on called plays.

48 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This isn’t good. Some illness goinf around. Moore missing another day too. Good thing this is a home game or we might really be short. May not even have a CB room.

There is a cold working it’s way around Indy.  Hopefully that’s what it is.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

There is a cold working it’s way around Indy.  Hopefully that’s what it is.

Hopefully Moore is not that sick and they are just telling him to stay away so he doesn’t spread it. May have some guys miss again tomorrow. Hopefully defense has some energy Sunday. Franklin would be a big loss. Means more speed. But it would leave us really short. With how eagles play offense being short at LB would be big. Same with CB with Broen.

If we had to leave Saturday that might of been bad.

2 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

We should plan to play the Philly O and Hurts just like we played Mahomes and KC. Did we have a spy on PM?

patrick mahomes isnt really a runner but he is mobile , he is as fast as sam is  with a 4.8  40 yard dash .   he scrambles to buy time to throw instead of being a runner .  hurts is actually fast  but cant throw that well its kind of different . 

25 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

patrick mahomes isnt really a runner but he is mobile , he is as fast as sam is  with a 4.8  40 yard dash .   he scrambles to buy time to throw instead of being a runner .  hurts is actually fast  but cant throw that well its kind of different . 

more like Jackson?

Archived