Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PPG

MPStack

Yea we also have 3rd most sacks allowed, 2nd most turnovers, 2nd worst turnover differential, 2nd worst points differential, 6th lowest rushing yards. Bottom 5 time allowed to throw. While having 42.2 mil allocated to the oline 19.8% of our entire cap. Also Nelsons new contract doesn't kick in till next year he is currently making half of what he will be.

8 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yea we also have 3rd most sacks allowed, 2nd most turnovers, 2nd worst turnover differential, 2nd worst points differential, 6th lowest rushing yards. Bottom 5 time allowed to throw. While having 42.2 mil allocated to the oline 19.8% of our entire cap. Also Nelsons new contract doesn't kick in till next year he is currently making half of what he will be.

To be fair, but it’s not all on Frank. Top to bottom problem!

On 10/3/2022 at 4:25 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Well when you put that wayThe Young And The Restless Love GIF by CBS

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

True, but the great philly Zenyatta was also usually last in the beginning of the race. 

I'm boxing in the trifecta: Jags, Titans, Colts :funny:

Yeah, but Zenyatta had a Hall of Famer at the helm. Colts do not. 

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Colts are the only team in the NFL that hasn't scored more than 20 points yet this season.

That pretty much sums up our offense.

Ryans fumbling and turnovers have been a disaster.

Add in we can't run the _____ ball.

It has been pathetic. 

Things are going OPPOSITE to how we must play to win.

On 10/3/2022 at 5:25 PM, Nesjan3 said:

All with the same offense coaches that we've had when we've ranked a lot better.  What is the difference between this year and those years?  

59 minutes ago, DougDew said:

All with the same offense coaches that we've had when we've ranked a lot better.  What is the difference between this year and those years?  

Taylor being a bit slow and hesitant, his run game surely got at least a couple of TDs every game in prior seasons, either for him or in the passing game. Offense can't move the chains at all sometimes, mostly early in the game and mostly it becomes too late to fight back. Then, there are turnovers, and not much from the defense which to be fair cannot be expected always. Thus, Very bad turnover differential. Kicker issues. 

It's a miracle that some of the games even looked close at times. 

Consider that the only one win required a lot of errors from Chiefs, their temporary kicker missing extra point and a FG, them not taking a FG and trying a surprise play earlier, their ridiculously untimely unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after sacking Ryan on third down that otherwise would've forced Colts to punt rather than ending in a game winning TD drive, and above all Chiefs taking colts lightly after the 0-24 loss to Jax. 

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Taylor being a bit slow and hesitant, his run game surely got at least a couple of TDs every game in prior seasons, either for him or in the passing game. Offense can't move the chains at all sometimes, mostly early in the game and mostly it becomes too late to fight back. Then, there are turnovers, and not much from the defense which to be fair cannot be expected always. Thus, Very bad turnover differential. Kicker issues. 

It's a miracle that some of the games even looked close at times. 

The offense last year feasted on some big running plays at times.   That isn't typically feasible as a strategy in the NFL.  Its a passing league and the Colts have simply not have had many passing game assets for many years.  Really, our best combo was years ago with TY, Reggie, and Doyle....and one year with Ebron.  We've had rotating mediocrity at the receiver positions and rotating better-than-mediocrity at the QB positions.  Now the coaches are struggling with a drop off in oline quality.   

And the offense is stuck with having to play the same guys because their backups are clearly not as good, IMO.,,,fewer options to shuffle things up. 

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The offense last year feasted on some big running plays at times.   That isn't typically feasible as a strategy in the NFL.  Its a passing league and the Colts have simply not have many passing game assets for many years.  Really, our best combo was years ago with TY, Reggie, and Doyle....and one year with Ebron.  We've had rotating mediocrity at the receiver positions and rotating better-than-mediocrity at the QB positions.  Now the coaches are struggling with a drop off in oline quality.   

Its interesting tha the defense has different players they can try at different spots.  Replace Yannick with Dayo to do some different things...Facyson with Rogers.  The Ss are a rotating bunch of average guys at the moment, but there are options.  The offense is stuck with having to play the same guys because their backups are clearly not as good, IMO.,,,fewer options to shuffle things up. 

The observation about the OL, while true, is not unique to the Colts.   There are 32 teams.   All 32 teams have a MUCH better starting OL than their backups.   The falloff is typically steep from starters to backups. 

I think you know this, so am I misunderstanding your meaning?   Are you making a point that I’m just not understanding?   

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The observation about the OL, while true, is not unique to the Colts.   There are 32 teams.   All 32 teams have a MUCH better starting OL than their backups.   The falloff is typically steep from starters to backups. 

I think you know this, so am I misunderstanding your meaning?   Are you making a point that I’m just not understanding?   

Well, I edited out a comment about the defense that was a comparison...not really comparing our O to others.  The defense has replaced some starters with backups and has gotten a little better performance.    Dayo replaced Yannick in running situations, Rogers over facyson.  I think they have shuffled the safeties a bit, and our LB play has been decent without our $60m starter.  Gus has simply had more options with his personnel. 

I don't see those options on the offensive side.

Maybe shuffle Nelson to LT and Pryor to LG.  Pinter to C with Kelly at RG?  Does anybody think that shuffle would help?

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I went 20-19 lmao , not as bad as what you have but still low scoring. We may get a defensive TD to pipe up the scoring.

Nothing would surprise me tonight. 

If we toss the script, and go dynamic passing, we could pass for 5 INTs, or 5 TDs.... Or both. 

Or keep the script, and could run 200+, or run under 100... the whole reverse psychology narrative. 

I HAVE NO CLUE!

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Nothing would surprise me tonight. 

If we toss the script, and go dynamic passing, we could pass for 5 INTs, or 5 TDs.... Or both. 

Or keep the script, and could run 200+, or run under 100... the whole reverse psychology narrative. 

I HAVE NO CLUE!

Both teams are playing like crap, this could go either way. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Same here, I am clueless as well regarding this game. Matt Ryan may play like it is 2016 again and throw for 4 TD's.

Could be a really weird game for Indy. 

Without JT, Reich will likely have to do different things. Or will he... lol

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was my day no doubt but tonight I have no action.

In my early/mid 20s, I bet. Took handicapping seriously. One of my best friends was a bookie. He would often bet with me (same bets), and laid those bets off (to other books). 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Had I took the 6 points my winnings would have only been only 100, we were still 2-1 dog with 6 points. If you bet take a team straight up if they are a 6 point dog or more you will clean house if they win. 

I understand betting lol

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Everything is legal now, you can do it online. There are so many different sites where you can find odds, etc.. 

I know man. I'm still in-the-know. I just don't bet regularly. Still play occasionally.

Mostly horses these days, or when in Vegas. I also like intl soccer (like WC). 

I have an associate in Central America who is a partner in a off-shore. And another who owns a brick and mortar. 

Archived